throwaway9614

Austin Ekeler 2019 Outlook

I don’t believe in Ekeler’s efficiency as a lead back. He is a great athlete who is a proven pass catcher but Justin Jackson will be a factor. Nothing has changed between this year and last year and. Jackson seemed to be the goal line back which could certainly hurt Ekeler. While he could still provide value in the draft due to solid projected volume, expectations must be tempered as the Chargers are undisputedly trending down from where they were last season. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, wendellrott said:

well I'm not so sure

hasn't practiced with the team

needs to get in game shape

depends a lot on where the team is at that time

real bad blood between him and management

They will pound him into the ground and get there money's worth

The offensive line is not as good with one of the key players out with the blood clot. That’s the only thing that’s going to hold back production from the RB position with the chargers

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, dmody91 said:

Jackson had 1 game of opportunity last year and got a few carries and was decent. They gave ekeler the majority of the carries in that game. 

The game Ekeler had 13 attempts for 21 yards? Yikes

Yes, Chargers O-line very well might struggle. Non-ppr I’d pass but WR2 or flex at worst in ppr.

3 minutes ago, wendellrott said:

just curious...

what did Jackson do then

I made a slight error with the Ekeler number and just corrected above, as he too missed one of the games Gordon missed. The ranking stays the same though.

For Jackson, he had 8.65 FP's per game, projecting out to 138.4 across 16 games, good for the #36 RB.
In fairness to Jackson, he barely played in Week 7 when Gordon was out.
But then when all 3 RB's were back in action, Ekeler beat them all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CABLE87 said:

They will pound him into the ground and get there money's worth

Gordon knows that also, one other reason for him to holdout

• Like 1

Pretty simple here like someone else said if you own Ekeler you should own jackson too. Have to see how this thing shakes out. I myself own both. I would have grabbed gordon too but someone took him in the mid 4th round. Too early for me. But if he lasted till the 6th-7th round in 10-12 team leagues I think its worth a shot at that point. I think he gets traded and all sides are happy.

• Like 1

36 points?! Melvin who?! Glad I grabbed him in the 5th! Man, its gonna suck if Gordon does report in week 6. Chargers should tell him to find a trade and help him pack. 

1 minute ago, yung_fetty said:

The real question is... ya'll plan on holding ROS or trading before week 6-8 with the possible return of MG3?

Take the wins while you can, it's not a long season every win counts in fantasy.

I remember people questioning the same thing about James Connor last season.  Best just to hold on and see how the ride plays out.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stallion said:

I am so glad that this is the player I have the most shares of across all my fantasy teams.

PPR monster.

Any format monster 

• Like 1

this page was fun to read lol, seems like nothing but Gordon or Jackson owners

Edited by Golden Spikes
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, yung_fetty said:

The real question is... ya'll plan on holding ROS or trading before week 6-8 with the possible return of MG3?

Keep him ROS

5 minutes ago, lightweight3 said:

Find a trade partner and make a move. I just traded him for Diggs.  You just can’t count on him being the starter rest of season.

Did you see how many pass attempts the Vikings had today? They are a run heavy team this year.

3 hours ago, yung_fetty said:

Even if Gordon does come back, Ekeler will still be involved plenty. Especially since they will ease Gordon back in for a game or two. I wouldn’t even be surprised to see a 50-50 split with them as they try to keep Gordon more fresh and healthy for the playoffs. That’s today’s NFL. Very few have the backfield to themselves these days, it’s mostly timeshares or committees. 

Edited by Dexter75

39 minutes ago, lightweight3 said:

Find a trade partner and make a move. I just traded him for Diggs.  You just can’t count on him being the starter rest of season.

I mean if you want to make a move and don’t own Melvin Gordon I’d approach that owner and try to get him for dirt cheap to protect yourself,

i would not not trade him otherwise.

So that did not as planned....in a GOOD WAY!

Original plan: 

Part 1 - Draft Melvin Gordon and get RB1 productivity at a much cheaper rate.

Part 2 - Draft Eckler to protect your investment in Melvin Gordon just in case he holds out. Expect RB2 productivity from Eck.

Instead, Eckler is out here giving us RB1 numbers having owners say "Melvin who?" Eckler is looking like a beast folks.

Edited by nonstopfan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TheDoctor said:

I mean if you want to make a move and don’t own Melvin Gordon I’d approach that owner and try to get him for dirt cheap to protect yourself,

i would not not trade him otherwise.

for example I just actually flipped him in the league I have him in to the Gordon owner for Mack, it made perfect sense for both of us, that guy also has Kamara and Singletary so he is good on RB's, and we can only start 2 RB's.  I had Cook and White/Ekeler, so I really felt like I needed to secure a safer no 2 for the entire year.

Can Ekeler outscore Mack on the year, of course, even when Gordon is back

Edited by Golden Spikes