throwaway9614

Austin Ekeler 2019 Outlook

I am not trading him at all..no reason he doesn take the gig if he keeps this up...think about it...your playing lights out and you get demoted for the guy who held out and probably wont be on the team next year? 

Edited by Power-O

What a baller this guy is. A few things that stood out to me the most were his burst, elusiveness, and great hands. An absolute steal at what his ADP was.

Edited by FlashGordon401
  • Like 2

On 9/2/2019 at 10:08 PM, Bugs bunny said:

Have you seen Ekeler’s game logs for the four games Melvin sat last year? Nothing more than a flex play. Maybe that changes this year and he turns into a RB3 but I personally wouldn’t count on it. 

Maybe he turns into an RB3. Wouldn't count on it either.

• Haha 1

For those who drafted Ekeler and Jackson, do you feel the need to hold Jackson after what we saw yesterday? All my bench guys look pretty useful, so wondering if I should try and drop Jackson for some waiver targets I have my eye on.

13 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

For those who drafted Ekeler and Jackson, do you feel the need to hold Jackson after what we saw yesterday? All my bench guys look pretty useful, so wondering if I should try and drop Jackson for some waiver targets I have my eye on.

He's a handcuff, and I'm sure there are better ones on your wire. Ekeler is the guy. Ekeler was always the guy. 

15 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

I'm holding, because we know that JJ will get the role of s--- happens to Ekeler... Ekeler had missed games before...

Ekeler/JJ drafter here

1 hour ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

I am holding. He looked pretty good himself. If anything happens to Ekeler JJ becomes an easy RB1. I feel like you kind of have to just in case.

16 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

what are you thinking when MG comes back? Im keeping JJ because i cant afford anymore devastating injuries...already lost hill for some time....but i am wrried about MG return even though i think from the chargers perspective it makes no sense to give MG the starting role if Ekeler keeps up good play..

Edited by Power-O

16 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Hold.  It’s Week 1.  

Ekeler has not demonstrated he can handle the large number of touches LAC demand from their backs.   If we get confirmation of MG3 returning by week 6 (I think that was the latest report?)-  then u cut JJax.  

9 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Hold.  It’s Week 1.  

Ekeler has not demonstrated he can handle the large number of touches LAC demand from their backs.   If we get confirmation of MG3 returning by week 6 (I think that was the latest report?)-  then u cut JJax.  

but what do we do if we dont have MG? lol pray ekeler keeps the job?

Just now, Power-O said:

Regardless of whether u own Gordon...I think JJax loses most of his value once we know Gordon is coming back sooner than later.  

Until then—you’ll be kicking yourself if Ekeler struggles or gets hurt......

1 minute ago, Power-O said:

A lot can happen between now and next week. Let alone 4-5 weeks out. RB injuries happen all the time. One week teams don’t need a RB and the next week they do. Someone could easily trade for Gordon still. And if he does come back he’s not a lock to even be the starter anymore depending on how late it is. Lots of variables in play here.

• Like 1

Terrible news about Hunter Henry. Here is the potential fallout from a RB perspective. Some good points.

• Like 5

On 9/10/2019 at 4:17 PM, RockSexton said:

Sell high!

I managed to [trade him]. I'm actually kind of regretting now. I have a feeling Gordon is going to sit out all year (even though he said he'll be back) and Ekeler is going to be an RB1 ROS. This man is an absolute beast. I'll still be rooting for him.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content

15 minutes ago, Castavar said:

I managed to [trade him]. I'm actually kind of regretting now. I have a feeling Gordon is going to sit out all year (even though he said he'll be back) and Ekeler is going to be an RB1 ROS. This man is an absolute beast. I'll still be rooting for him.

Or they trade him.  Which is the dream scenario for those of us who own both backs.  

Edited by tonycpsu

Just now, ponchsox said:

CMC-lite 

Not even close, really. I do love having him on my fantasy team though.

Now Mike Williams is looking highly questionable for Week 2. Dump offs for days to AE.

• Haha 1

Just now, FlashGordon401 said:

Now Mike Williams is looking highly questionable for Week 2. Dump offs for days to AE.

Over/Under 65 touches?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, FlashGordon401 said:

I don't share your enthusiasm. I'd rather those good outside guys be playing so the defense has more to think about.

• Like 3

Trying to figure out what WR I should try trading Ekeler for? 

Is Ekeler for T.Y Hilton straight across an alright value for him? 

Or Ekeler for Stefon Diggs?

10 minutes ago, xStoney said:

Trying to figure out what WR I should try trading Ekeler for? 

Is Ekeler for T.Y Hilton straight across an alright value for him? 

Or Ekeler for Stefon Diggs?

I have Ekeler and wouldn't trade him for either of those receivers.  I'd have to be very RB heavy and WR needy to consider anything like that

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Castavar said:

He won’t sit out all year, he will report in week 10 at the latest.