throwaway9614

Austin Ekeler 2019 Outlook

18 minutes ago, TommyKramer said:

I have Ekeler and wouldn't trade him for either of those receivers.  I'd have to be very RB heavy and WR needy to consider anything like that

I'm RB heavy for sure. WRs arent horrible.  10 team league 3 WRs, 2 RB, flex

RBs Zeke, Bell, Fournette, Miles Sanders, Latavious Murray

WRs  Keenen Allen, Boyd, Locket, Moore, Fuller

39 minutes ago, xStoney said:

Trying to figure out what WR I should try trading Ekeler for? 

Is Ekeler for T.Y Hilton straight across an alright value for him? 

Or Ekeler for Stefon Diggs?

My deal was for Godwin, if that helps. The Ekeler owner proposed it to me.

1 minute ago, altmin said:

My deal was for Godwin, if that helps. The Ekeler owner proposed it to me.

It helps knowing what value people are giving him for sure 

2 minutes ago, xStoney said:

It helps knowing what value people are giving him for sure 

I mulled it over for about 24 hours and finally went with it for the sake of RB depth. 

I have CMC and Fournette and then way down the depth chart I have Gio, where as WR wise I have Juju, Gordon, John Brown, Fuller, AJ Brown and Chark. I like Godwin a lot, but figured this brought some balance to my roster. Felt like the right deal for me and I'd like to think involved two players of similar value, but I am far from an expert in FF.

I just acquired him and I’m in the boat that is looking to sell for receiving help, just based on my roster structure. Fwiw, I’ve been trying to get a high end WR2 or better and people aren’t budging. Maybe I’m shooting for too much , but Ekeler is friggin’ good.

Edited by hangin n wangin

14 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

I just acquired him and I’m in the boat that is looking to sell for receiving help, just based on my roster structure. Fwiw, I’ve been trying to get a high end WR2 or better and people aren’t budging. Maybe I’m shooting for too much , but Ekeler is friggin’ good.

It's just really hard to gauge his trade value. Guys with terminal value usually just confuse other owners and they won't bother trading for them, in my experience. Same with guys that are suspended, etc.

To give you guys an idea I've been trying to shop Ekeler and Godwin for a WR1 like thomas, adams julio etc. and people aren't budging. I even offered that for thielen and it wasn't accepted. These are RB needy teams too who went WR heavy in the early rounds and clearly need RB help. I think the problem is the unknown with Gordon. People don't want to get duped two weeks down the road. Unless the Gordon situation gets some clarity he just won't hold much value. So your actually better of just riding this out however long it lasts. Even if its just for 10 weeks. Thats a borderline RB1 for over 50% of the season. Unless of course you want to sell him for peanuts. At best you will probably get a mid level WR2 for him.

Edited by StevenSC400

My tea leaves say Gordon isn't coming, and w/ Austin showing he can carry the load and rack points, I think it gives SD even more leverage. Other running backs come out of the woodwork by week 10, so just keep your eyes peeled. 

Backup backs I'm holding in sig. 

That 40 burger week one was tasty, let's have another!

1 hour ago, StevenSC400 said:

To give you guys an idea I've been trying to shop Ekeler and Godwin for a WR1 like thomas, adams julio etc. and people aren't budging. I even offered that for thielen and it wasn't accepted. These are RB needy teams too who went WR heavy in the early rounds and clearly need RB help. I think the problem is the unknown with Gordon. People don't want to get duped two weeks down the road. Unless the Gordon situation gets some clarity he just won't hold much value. So your actually better of just riding this out however long it lasts. Even if its just for 10 weeks. Thats a borderline RB1 for over 50% of the season. Unless of course you want to sell him for peanuts. At best you will probably get a mid level WR2 for him.

That’s what seems to be happening with me. Most I can get is one of Calvin Ridley or Tyler Boyd and AJ Brown as a throw in. I’m going to try some more similar packages to what you did and see if someone budges, but I doubt it.

Edited by hangin n wangin

1 hour ago, StevenSC400 said:

I would take Ekeler and Godwin for Thielen.... I think

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, phisouza33 said:

I would too without hesitation.  

3 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

In most family leagues, brand name recognition is the key to completing deals...

Ekeler isn't a sexy name YET...

7 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

Yikes.  Maybe I'm in the minority, but no way I'd give up those two guys for Thielen.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Yikes.  Maybe I'm in the minority, but no way I'd give up those two guys for Thielen.

That's what I said.  I would take the two for one deal if presented to me.  Give me Ekeler and Godwin all day, every day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Too many of you are focused on him losing value in week 6 or whatever instead of focusing on him being able to get you to 6-0. Sure, maybe his value evaporates in another month or two, but that's still pretty valuable, and somebody else will pop up on the ww by that time. Ride this horse to a strong starting record to set yourself up to slide into the playoffs.

• Like 3

I doubt he disappears when MG returns....not a good move by the team..lets just hope he keeps this up

8 hours ago, AnonymousRob said:

Too many of you are focused on him losing value in week 6 or whatever instead of focusing on him being able to get you to 6-0. Sure, maybe his value evaporates in another month or two, but that's still pretty valuable, and somebody else will pop up on the ww by that time. Ride this horse to a strong starting record to set yourself up to slide into the playoffs.

Pretty much this. Don't overthink the situation, the only way I'm looking to trade Ekeler right now is to get a king's ransom from nervous Melvin owners.

4 hours ago, MoonBlaster said:

Pretty much this. Don't overthink the situation, the only way I'm looking to trade Ekeler right now is to get a king's ransom from nervous Melvin owners.

I offered Ekeler & latavius murray for OBJ to the melvin gordon owner. 

Decided it's not worth giving Ekeler up for anything less than a WR1/High end WR2. I'd rather ride with him in my lineup than get a WR that might end up on my bench in a few weeks. 

• Haha 2

Any Ekeler owners looking to grab M. Gordon while his value is super low?

Tempted to try and secure this entire backfield. And Gordon appears to be hitting rock bottom.

Curious what people are getting for Gordon. I actually am having a hard time giving up a M. Sanders for him.

13 hours ago, phisouza33 said:

I would take Ekeler over Godwin but not Thielen.

2 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Tempted to try and secure this entire backfield. And Gordon appears to be hitting rock bottom.

Curious what people are getting for Gordon. I actually am having a hard time giving up a M. Sanders for him.

I own Ekeler and sent Cohen for Gordon yesterday, probably just means Jackson is going to be leading this backfield in a few weeks

6 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Even if Melvin comes back to The Chargers it doesn't mean Ekeler will get phased out completely.  Even last year Ekeler got in quite a bit of work.  Granted if Melvin is on The Chargers for only the last half of this season I'd imagine they'd want to put the miles on Melvin over Ekeler for the most part.  Especially for those tough yards.

1 minute ago, Power-O said:

im riding ekeler to the sunset

This is a good strat if you own MG.  If not I’d be trying to sell high (or even medium).  What good is a star back you lose for fantasy playoffs?