throwaway9614

Austin Ekeler 2019 Outlook

2 minutes ago, lla887 said:

This is a good strat if you own MG.  If not I’d be trying to sell high (or even medium).  What good is a star back you lose for fantasy playoffs?

Fair point. Actually, this is a point that has been debated in the Chubb thread as well. It does makes sense.

1 minute ago, lla887 said:

This is a good strat if you own MG.  If not I’d be trying to sell high (or even medium).  What good is a star back you lose for fantasy playoffs?

you dont know that...if he keeps this up it would make no sense from a coaching point of view and a management point of view...guy held out and told your team basically i dont care...now you make him the starter just because he showed up finally? i doubt it...plus why am i guna trade a guy who can get me to the playoffs for a guy that potentially cant? gurley isnt going to do that and neither is DJ. Hopefully by the time MG comes back my other options at RB will pan out

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lla887 said:

Well, you are only safe if you own all three backs. Who is going to do that? To be honest, I'm gonna ride 'til I can't no more, but I'm still nervous as hell. But with the injuries piling up for the Chargers his usage in the passing game is only going to expand. This is definitely excellent in PPR.

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Power-O said:

you dont know that...if he keeps this up it would make no sense from a coaching point of view and a management point of view...guy held out and told your team basically i dont care...now you make him the starter just because he showed up finally? i doubt it...plus why am i guna trade a guy who can get me to the playoffs for a guy that potentially cant? gurley isnt going to do that and neither is DJ. Hopefully by the time MG comes back my other options at RB will pan out

I don’t know that.  And you don’t know MG won’t take his job back.  No one knows.  

I own both so I’m staying put.  If I just had Ekeler I would probably take DJ or Gurley.  But I respect taking the risk on Ekeler.  He’s an exciting player.  

2 minutes ago, lla887 said:

I don’t know that.  And you don’t know MG won’t take his job back.  No one knows.  

I own both so I’m staying put.  If I just had Ekeler I would probably take DJ or Gurley.  But I respect taking the risk on Ekeler.  He’s an exciting player.  

yeah i wish i had MG but the round i grabbed ekeler the guy grabbed MG... like i said i just think it looks bad for the team and organization... im willing to bet on it

• Like 1

They will ride Gordon hard when he returns because he will be gone anyway next season. Although you have to account for Ekeler entering free agency as well, but he is more likely to accept a contract that's well below Gordon's demand but still a nice payday for Ekeler.

It's really just a conflicting situation. Unless you can get a decent RB1 or WR1 in return, I'd ride Ekeler until the wheels fall off.

3 minutes ago, Michael Bluth said:

So this has been nice so far

Would've been better if not for the fumble on the GL. Overall, this guy is a PPR beast. Rock solid RB1 in PPR

Edited by nonstopfan

This guy is a rock solid RB1 until Melvin Gordon returns, and even then I believe that he will maintain RB2 numbers. The Chargers would be foolish to go away from him simply to appease their "star player." Ekeler has been arguably their most explosive player through two games. Hunter Henry's injury opens up another position on the field and let's not forget that Ekeler is not your prototypical running back. He can be moved around the formation and run routes quite well. He has great wiggle which helps him tremendously in the red zone and inside the five. Gordon will take a chunk of his early down work but he will still be very relevant in the passing game and red zone. MG has had health problems in the past and will not be in game shape also fwiw, although he will be fresh.

As for trading him, I am not keen to the idea. I feel like people will try to buy him for cheap too bc "Gordon is coming back." Making the playoffs is your first goal and he will help get a lot of people there. A lot can change between now and the playoffs regarding the other RBs on your roster and on the waiver wire. You might only end up needing him to be your RB2/Flex. I'm riding it out.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tenner said:

8 point swing on that goalline carry. 

Yeah he could have had another monster game. But we can't get too greedy lol.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ponchsox said:

Should have had a second TD. Ride this wave until week 10 and hope it gets you into the playoffs.

There is no way this team just drops their pants for MG when he decides to waltz through the door. He's not in their long term plans and has essentially abandoned the team. Seems pretty obvious the team is committed to Ekeler, MG will rot in the press box.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr.STD said:

There is no way this team just drops their pants for MG when he decides to waltz through the door. He's not in their long term plans and has essentially abandoned the team. Seems pretty obvious the team is committed to Ekeler, MG will rot in the press box.

Yeah there's 0 chance of that happening lmao, Gordon will be re-installed as the lead back immediately, but Ekeler may have earned himself more snaps both in the backfield and outside and will have standalone value all year, just as he did last year.

1 minute ago, miasma16 said:

Yeah there's 0 chance of that happening lmao, Gordon will be re-installed as the lead back immediately, but Ekeler may have earned himself more snaps both in the backfield and outside and will have standalone value all year, just as he did last year.

You're right... The team that told MG all talks are off until the offseason and have had exceptional production from their other running backs will just let the often injured MG that hasn't played football in 10 months just walk on the field and be their lead RB. Ok...

1 hour ago, Tenner said:

8 point swing on that goalline carry. 

Almost cost me a matchup too!

Looks like a locked and loaded RB1 though. Hope Melvin Gordon stays far, far away from the Chargers this season.

1 hour ago, miasma16 said:

The there's 0 chance crowd:

1.) No way Ekeler can reproduce what MG3 did

2.) No way Ekeler can be a lead back

3.) No way Ekeler can be a rb1

4.) No way Ekeler can hold off Justin Jackson

and the "No way" beats still go on...

• Like 2

This guy is Danny Woodhead on steroids. Complete stud. Crazy how he was an undrafted free agent.

Edited by n4sa
  • Like 1

So I was just digging around and it looks like Gordon only needs to return 30 days before the regular season ends.  Not 6 weeks. They have a bye week 12. So it seems like a week 12 return during the bye week to prep for week 13 would be realistic? Or am I missing something?

25 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

So I was just digging around and it looks like Gordon only needs to return 30 days before the regular season ends.  Not 6 weeks. They have a bye week 12. So it seems like a week 12 return during the bye week to prep for week 13 would be realistic? Or am I missing something?

If MG reported tomorrow and played this weekend AE would still be putting up RB2 numbers in a ppr.

i am not worried in the least of Gordon coming back. People acting like all he has to do to own the backfield is to walk through the door. The team has a much worse OL than last year and they are getting damn good RB production, Gordon won't play another snap for this team. 

15 minutes ago, Mr.STD said:

If MG reported tomorrow and played this weekend AE would still be putting up RB2 numbers in a ppr.

i am not worried in the least of Gordon coming back. People acting like all he has to do to own the backfield is to walk through the door. The team has a much worse OL than last year and they are getting damn good RB production, Gordon won't play another snap for this team. 

Or he will.  It’s one of the two 

Just now, lla887 said:

Or he will.  It’s one of the two 

Thanks Captain Obvious

16 minutes ago, Mr.STD said:

You seem pretty confident. I wish I was as confident as you. While I think the longer he holds out the more I agree with you there’s always that chance. Someone wants to buy ekeler from me and I was initially shopping him around but now I don’t know if I want to sell. You guys selling or holding?

1 minute ago, StevenSC400 said:

You seem pretty confident. I wish I was as confident as you. While I think the longer he holds out the more I agree with you there’s always that chance. Someone wants to buy ekeler from me and I was initially shopping him around but now I don’t know if I want to sell. You guys selling or holding?

No because I own MG.  If I didn’t I would sell for a solid RB2 or equivalent but no less than that