Sign in to follow this  
smeeze

T.J. Hockenson 2019 Outlook

I was watching the game back and forth and I saw Hockenson get hurt.  Thought he went to the medical tent.  But can't be certain if he came back in.  But when I would flip back to the Lions game.  I never saw him in.  Was watching other games as well.  Can't find anywhere talking about if he got injured.

cardinals defense made this guy look like a super hero, and he crashed back down to earth big time.

cant roster two TE's, drop city. 

17 minutes ago, dannyz6969 said:

cardinals defense made this guy look like a super hero, and he crashed back down to earth big time.

cant roster two TE's, drop city. 

I wouldnt drop yet.  The guy still has the same potential he had 2 days ago.  

3 minutes ago, lla887 said:

I wouldnt drop yet.  The guy still has the same potential he had 2 days ago.  

Yeah, I didn't draft him for the first four weeks, I drafted him for bye weeks and trade bait later on. Thinking of that first week as a bonus.

Read somewhere that the starting LT was out of the game and Hockonson was left in as a blocker mostly, as he is one of the best run blocking TE’s in the game. Going forward, I would bench if their are injuries on the o-line. Definitely don’t drop.  

• Thanks 3

Just now, UNLEASHED said:

Read somewhere that the starting LT was out of the game and Hockonson was left in as a blocker mostly, as he is one of the best run blocking TE’s in the game. Going forward, I would bench if their are injuries on the o-line. Definitely don’t drop.  

gift and the curse of being a great blocking TE

he sees the field all the time, but often times they need his blocking much more than his route running

blah

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 11:11 PM, devaster said:

I'm curious to see the snap count.

75.17%

On 9/16/2019 at 7:36 AM, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Had 1 more catch than OJ Howard this week so that's a plus.

Would've been an interesting stack in 2 TE DFS...

Better days ahead. The snap count is encouraging. Blocking for most of the game was discouraging.

The stupid Lions thought to use him as a decoy and throw to James.. lol how Detroit of them. James running like Frankenstein looks terrible 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I drafted both OJ Howard and Hockenson.  Isn't it so great that both of these guys are being used as blocking TE's.  Get those playmakers Brate and James out there....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

I drafted both OJ Howard and Hockenson.  Isn't it so great that both of these guys are being used as blocking TE's.  Get those playmakers Brate and James out there....

Me to dude. PPB(block) they're great

I am not worried at all about the goose egg this week, every single TE not named Kelce will put up at least a couple of goose eggs throughout the season.  Hock has already shown he has the potential to have some awesome weeks like he did in week 1.  That potential alone will have him in my lineup all season and I will just roll with the good, the bad and the ugly.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Islanderman said:

Same spot but i have high hopes 9ne if not both are top 5 TEs

To all my little Hokamaniacs, say your prayers, take your vitamins and you will never go wrong.

• Haha 1

On 9/17/2019 at 1:52 PM, Islanderman said:

Not sure if this is sarcasm about Jesse James but... He has 33 yards on the year? Don't see him as anything at all

2 hours ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

So what’s the current take on this guy? Is he a good buy low after last weeks dud or do we expect more inconsistency all year? 

I expect more inconsistency.  He’s a talented rookie tight end on a team with solid receivers.   I wouldn’t buy low but I would definitely scoop him up off waivers if he was dropped

2 hours ago, lla887 said:

I expect more inconsistency.  He’s a talented rookie tight end on a team with solid receivers.   I wouldn’t buy low but I would definitely scoop him up off waivers if he was dropped

☝️☝️☝️

On 9/17/2019 at 2:06 PM, Krambone said:

The stupid Lions thought to use him as a decoy and throw to James.. lol how Detroit of them. James running like Frankenstein looks terrible 

James caught the pass that sealed the win.  How dare they exploit defensive mismatches to win a game while ignoring your personal fantasy football desires.  

Here for my weekly 2-3 points from the TE position. Still fading TE in future drafts lol

• Like 1

Eagles have been bad against TE's for a long time and their LB's currently suck in coverage under Schwartz. If he gets targets he will have a good game. Eagles are going to struggle offensively. I think he will be alright today.