Sign in to follow this  
smeeze

T.J. Hockenson 2019 Outlook

17 minutes ago, SheikYerbuti said:

Time to scour the waver wire..

yup

2 minutes ago, Balthazar said:

Could have had 3 TDs. Great sign, big RZ target. Starting with confidence going forward.

Cant be serious 

• Haha 2

WTF am I supposed to do with all that Hockamania paraphernalia I custom ordered this week?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Guwop said:

Cant be serious 

I disagree with the 'confidence' part, but my Wire is barren, and he's not kidding about the 3 TD possibility today.
Witten, Jimmy Graham, Eifert, and Ebron.  That's the 'cream of the crop' in my leagues (on the Wire), and half of those are gone in multiple of them.

I'm not happy to be starting Hockenson by any means, but those RZ targets are real, and the week 1 upside is always looming.
Herndon is the most exciting stash worth mentioning in any of my leagues, and that's still 2 weeks away, without IR eligibility :(

2 hours ago, lla887 said:

Can’t believe I used a number one waiver claim on Hock instead of Waller.  Drop drop drop

Big swing and a miss, sorry about that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bum. Picked up this guy just so I could start him during Kittle’s bye (was looking ahead to Hock’s KC matchup next week). Now I’m thinking I’ll be better off just taking the zero. At least I could use his roster spot to pick up Darrel Williams or someone potentially useful instead.

Stafford has never been a dude who throws to tight ends. See, Ebron, Eric. I was really surprised when Detroit doubled down on top 10 TE picks with Stafford still at QB.

And I was certainly as shocked as anyone when Hockenson blew up week 1 but it's looking more and more like the Cardinals are the worst team in the league at covering TE's, not that Hock is Gronk 2.0.

Hock is still talented the lions just use him to block to much and have no idea how to scheme plays for him.  

48 minutes ago, WonkaWorld said:

Stafford has never been a dude who throws to tight ends. See, Ebron, Eric. I was really surprised when Detroit doubled down on top 10 TE picks with Stafford still at QB.

And I was certainly as shocked as anyone when Hockenson blew up week 1 but it's looking more and more like the Cardinals are the worst team in the league at covering TE's, not that Hock is Gronk 2.0.

This was my main hesitation. I put him as my #1 claim over Waller and Andrews in Week 1 and I wasn't exactly gung-ho about it for that exact reason. The Lions did the same thing basically with Ebron and he was never utilized properly. Why would this guy be any different? Thankfully he was claimed ahead of me, but he did have a very exciting first week and looked good with his catches, so I can't really blame anyone who went after him.

I warned you all when he torched the Cards in week 1. They haven't been able to cover a TE in 3 weeks, allowing at least 100/1 to one TE each week. As long as Patrick Peterson (and Robert Alford) remain out and they start scrub CBs, expect them to leave the middle of the field open for TEs to feast, ergo: Just stream TEs against the Cards!

Hockenson remains firmly in that huge, dreaded TE2 tier. I'm almost sure a good week is coming, but how could you start him after double duds.

• Thanks 1