The_Commish

Auction League Keepers

H2H Auction ($200) / Standard 9-CAT / 14 roster spots

Well hello there, fantasy hoops junkies. I look forward to bumping this when the season starts closing in, but I'm all jacked up about hoops since free agency began so I'm just gonna drop it here now, get it out of my brain, and let it marinate.

We went auction last year to great fanfare. Keeping up to seven players per team. I've got eight I like, nine who I could see being desirable as far as a trade package might go. Anyone got early thoughts? Options as follow, above the line are my presumptive seven to this point:

$42 Paul George
$27 Rudy Gobert
$18 Donovan Mitchell
$5  Danilo Gallinari
$2  Buddy Hield
$1  Mitchell Robinson
$1  Malcolm Brogdon

$96 TOTAL
-------------------------------
$3  Miles Bridges
$5  Thomas Bryant

I might be overrating Miles Bridges, but right now I'm inclined to bump him to a keeper. Lots of opportunity, finished strong, CHEAP, and I'd get him at the price for another year after this. Thinking about packaging Gallo + 1 and turning them into an improved keeper. Gallo + Donovan Mitchell could probably fetch a swell return and open up some cap. Gallo was a huge WW pickup for me last season, and he'll eat if he sticks in OKC, but I think I think making good on him as a cheap trade asset is a smart move versus expecting another (relatively) healthy season. Donovan Mitchell, while a delight to own, is also the most expendable mid-range salary on my roster. Gotta give something to get something, y'know?

I've looked at making offers for big-salary keepers ($61 Curry, $64 KAT) and a tier below but on a cheap contract (Vucevic for $9). 

Also, if anyone has been considering switching over to auction league, keeper or not .. good lord, pull the trigger. Find new friends if you have to. 

You already have a pretty solid punt AST lineup going there. I would target Steph in a trade. His high volume on good % for a guard is devastating in punt AST. Maybe a package of Mitchell + Gallo + Bridges would do it? That would even allow you to keep Bryant, who should be a very solid punt AST contributor. Curry (61), George (42), Gobert (27), Bryant (5), Hield (2), Robinson (1), and Brogdon (1) leaves you with $61 to play with. With that budget I would grab a 4th star to complement Steph, PG, and Gobert for around $35-$45. Then fill the rest of your roster with guys under $5 who contribute stocks and dont hurt %s too bad. Good luck!

On 8/20/2019 at 9:25 AM, benjwils said:

You already have a pretty solid punt AST lineup going there. I would target Steph in a trade. His high volume on good % for a guard is devastating in punt AST. Maybe a package of Mitchell + Gallo + Bridges would do it? That would even allow you to keep Bryant, who should be a very solid punt AST contributor. Curry (61), George (42), Gobert (27), Bryant (5), Hield (2), Robinson (1), and Brogdon (1) leaves you with $61 to play with. With that budget I would grab a 4th star to complement Steph, PG, and Gobert for around $35-$45. Then fill the rest of your roster with guys under $5 who contribute stocks and dont hurt %s too bad. Good luck!

Yea, punt assists was the plan last year and really worked, definitely doubling down.

The Curry owner is open to moving him, though he's trying to push Kyrie at a cheaper price. Not my thing. 

As far as the middle-tier salary to add, I do have Middleton at $27 as a keeper option. Consistency was an issue last season for the price, though.

Other keeper options for the record:
Jerami Grant ($5)
Dewayne Dedmon ($1)
Serge Ibaka ($4)
Paul Millsap ($11)
Chris Paul ($36)

No one who's likely to pop, but I loved having Grant last season, just wish he was a little cheaper. Think he'll still be undervalued and I can draft him for less. Dedmon was money down the stretch, but no idea what to make of his likely role in Sacrament. Worth the cost, but not worth tying up a roster spot before the draft, maybe?

Great feedback, by the way. Really appreciated.

I'd keep Bridges or Bryant over George.  He's going to be out for a month, rested after that, and $42 is a steep price anyway.

3 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

I'd keep Bridges or Bryant over George.  He's going to be out for a month, rested after that, and $42 is a steep price anyway.

Oof, this is the rough sauce right here. Coming in with the hard truths.

I've definitely considered seeing what I can get for him on the pre-draft market. Just not ready to accept the possibility yet after the job he did for me last season. Getting a guy who can flirt with top-5 value when healthy for under $50 was pretty key for me last season. Gambling on his post-return health is a risk I might still take. 

2 hours ago, MilesBridgesBetterThanZion said:

Seriously keep Bridges, he'll be the face of the franchise by trade deadline. 

Your handle leads me to believe you might be a little biased here, but I'm going to take this under advisement.