Sign in to follow this  
Steve O

24 team dynasty trade Sonny Gray for Bo Bichette!!!

I am in a 24 team dynasty baseball league H2H standard format, I have been offered Sonny Gray for Bo Bichette. Here is my roster right now.

(C) Carson Kelly

(1B) Freddie Freeman

(2B) Jeff McNeil

(3B) Scott Kingery

(SS) Jorge Polanco

(OF) Trout

(OF) Renfroe

(OF) Laureano 

(U) Bryan Reynolds 

(U) Adam Frazier 

(U) Bote

(SP) Bieber

(SP) Yamamoto 

(SP) Daniel Mengden 

(SP) Dakota Hudson

(SP) CC Sabathia

(SP) Aaron Sanchez

(SP) Jesse Chavez

(SP) Pablo Lopez

(RP) Yates

Minors players are: Bichette,Kopech,Larnach,Valera,Leody Taveras,Conine,Singer,Urquidy,Edward Cabrera,Ethan Hankins 

Right now I am sitting at 13-8 and I am in 8th place in the power rankings, the top 12 teams make the playoffs. Obviously I need pitching help to make a playoff run, should I trade Bo for Sonny Gray? Should I try and get a better deal? Or just stand pat and keep Bo?

Thanks for anyone’s input, sorry it was such a long post!!!

I'd like to say stick with Bo, Sonny isn't amazing but not that bad either, especially in a 24 team so it's tough call. As much as like everyone else this year needing more SP, I'd still feel depressed giving up Bo for Sonny heh. Seems like maybe you could get a better deal if you shop him around more.

I don’t think you are improving your roster enough to win the league this year by just adding Sonny Gray. I would hit up all the last place teams and see if you can get a better deal for your best prospect.  

Can you help with mine?

No, Bichette can be a difference maker if/when he gets called up.  Gray is nothing special.  Matchups based SP.  Dont waste an elite prospect on a back end SP.  If anything, package Bichette with something else to get a much better SP (maybe buy low on Wheeler or ERod?)  Not sure what SP would be available, but Bichette should definitely return someone greater than Gray

The only reason to do that would be if Gray was the last piece needed to win the title.  That is almost certainly not going to be the case as Gray is not a difference maker, so pass.

13 hours ago, TheTruth024 said:

No, Bichette can be a difference maker if/when he gets called up.  Gray is nothing special.  Matchups based SP.  Dont waste an elite prospect on a back end SP.  If anything, package Bichette with something else to get a much better SP (maybe buy low on Wheeler or ERod?)  Not sure what SP would be available, but Bichette should definitely return someone greater than Gray

Come on: Wheeler or Erod? Gray blows those two disappointments out of the water, especially for a “matchups based SP” who just punked the Brewers and Rockies in Coors. With that said, I agree that Bichette should net a better pitcher with more of a track record than Gray. I would try for Clevinger/Paxton/Giolito/Boyd tier guys who can be great (maybe add a sweetener if needed) not just good like Gray or sucky like Wheeler or Erod.

8 hours ago, mocha4313 said:

I would try for Clevinger/Paxton/Giolito/Boyd tier guys who can be great (maybe add a sweetener if needed) not just good like Gray or sucky like Wheeler or Erod.

Can't see Bichette yielding Clevinger or Giolitto in a deep keeper.  Paxton maybe though that is dubious at best imo.  Boyd would be do-able, but again, not a difference maker imo.