Yourbettstulo

Dynasty: trade M.Chavis for W.Merrifield (whir)

Would you guys trade Chavis for Merrifield in a 12 team dynasty keeper league?  (I’m in a win now mode currently third place.  League counts OBP, OPS, HRS, RUNS, SBS, and penalizes strikeouts.). I’m afraid Chavis turns into Pete Alonso next year. 

Edited by Yourbettstulo

Keep green monster & then move a mt straight up for the crown in a new deal. 

I have a hard time seeing even a remotely close breakout of Alonso’s magnitude. Chavis simply doesn’t have the plate discipline. If you need a shot in the arm for SB I would do it 100%. Help with mine? 

6 minutes ago, Ulls55 said:

His Andujar for my Pollock. Just curious to see who sees this as a clear cut win for me? I’m relatively shallow at OF(Bellinger,Kepler, Buxton, Pollock, Tucker, Robert, Kelenic) 4 starting spots and fairly deep at 3B(Jram, Vladdy, Yandy) which is why I’m hesitating to accept. Curious to get an outside voice of opinions, cheers 

Chavis isn't close to Pete

For sure make that trade.  Merrifield is still a top 50 hitter (at worst) for the next 2-3 years.  Im not a believer in Chavis.  Especially for a "win now" team, hurry up and make this trade.  

I would trade for Whit, he has proven himself enough the last two years. Chavis is too much of an unknown.

Get Whit immediately. Chavis is not Pete. He is a lot streakier and as mentioned before does not have the plate discipline (or the average tool). He is a nice dynasty player because of the ballpark, lineup and positional utility but I would deal for Whit in a heartbeat.