Panthers8912

Michael Gallup 2019 Outlook

23 hours ago, lla887 said:

I’d say more column B than column A there.  Gallup runs mostly deep routes and Dak has a hard time keeping the long shots on target. Gallup sees the lowest quality targets on the team

Actually not....Gallup has dropped balls on slants and intermediate routes that Dak put right on target last few games all easy catches that has went right thru his hands. I been watching all the Cowboys games since I picked this guy up. Dak is even starting to look the other way. 

I really hope things turnaround tonight for him cause I have no choice but to give him the start because of byes. 

Edited by Tomei7

Damn i want to start him, but he has been dropping balls as well as not getting enough targets 

22 hours ago, HOF12 said:

Damn i want to start him, but he has been dropping balls as well as not getting enough targets 

Whoops.  

Gallup has become a major target for this passing game.    Explosive, big,  and developing route tree.   Hard guy to bench in a middle to deep league 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, abachar said:

Good stuff last night!

Good enough for sure.   Encouraging that Dak took a couple of deep shots to him as well. 

1 hour ago, Impreza178 said:

Whoops.  

Gallup has become a major target for this passing game.    Explosive, big,  and developing route tree.   Hard guy to bench in a middle to deep league 

[...] this is really good to see! Really need him to be steady come playoff time. I didn’t watch the game but it looks like they had to throw the ball a lot 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

6 minutes ago, HOF12 said:

[...] this is really good to see! Really need him to be steady come playoff time. I didn’t watch the game but it looks like they had to throw the ball a lot 

yeah it’s a different Dallas team then last year.  Line isn’t opening up the big holes for Zeke they did last year but the pass protection has been solid.  Dak has had more time in the pocket and is making more and higher quality throws.  

• Like 1

hopefully dallas realizes after this most recent loss they should be throwing it more rather than handing it off to zeke twice in a row when they are in the freakin red zone!!!

34 minutes ago, Power-O said:

hopefully dallas realizes after this most recent loss they should be throwing it more rather than handing it off to zeke twice in a row when they are in the freakin red zone!!!

Actually though I think they might have lost because they absolutely refused to get Zeke involved in the passing game until it was too late. Instead they just gave him boring runs up the gut against a good run defense.

4 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Actually though I think they might have lost because they absolutely refused to get Zeke involved in the passing game until it was too late. Instead they just gave him boring runs up the gut against a good run defense.

well you really dont want to design a play that just goes to the rb...typically you call a pass play and the rb is the last option as a check down or dump off...but your basically agreeing with me...they had the vikings on their knees moving the ball through the air....the cowboys always seem to get conservative when they get in the red zone...its frustrating...they run until they are forced to pass...stupid

Edited by Power-O

7 minutes ago, Power-O said:

well you really dont want to design a play that just goes to the rb...typically you call a pass play and the rb is the last option as a check down or dump off...but your basically agreeing with me...they had the vikings on their knees moving the ball through the air....the cowboys always seem to get conservative when they get in the red zone...its frustrating...they run until they are forced to pass...stupid

I think they thought they were going to surprise the Vikings.   Seems like most of the game it was run Zeke on 1st down, then pass. 

So ha ha...we will now pass the ball on first and run twice! 

1 hour ago, Power-O said:

The brilliant coaches were trying to run clock.  The first run on second down was ok but you have to be a mental midget to think its smart to run on 3rd and 4 when you need a td.

So who's starting him week 12? at NE, on paper it screams bench.... [...] I seem to recall NE is not doing the double team the best WR routine this year... as if that were to happen to cooper it would give me more hope gallups outlook

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content

Due to bye weeks I’ll start him as well but I don’t expect too much in week 12

i had no choice to start him this week and will again next week because hill will be on a bye...i hope the cowboys wear there big boy pants to this one...hopefully they put gillmore on cooper...they may put him on gallup because cooper is banged up

I can totally see BB determining that Gallup is the guy to stop and having Gilmore follow him.

On 11/18/2019 at 1:18 PM, ST. STEVEN said:

I can totally see BB determining that Gallup is the guy to stop and having Gilmore follow him.

That wont happen. Cooper has been very solid. As long as cooper is out there i think gallup sees a minimum of 8 targets and avoids Gilmore. If cooper comes out or doesnt play, i cant play gallup and will then move to crowder this week. 

5 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

That wont happen. Cooper has been very solid. As long as cooper is out there i think gallup sees a minimum of 8 targets and avoids Gilmore. If cooper comes out or doesnt play, i cant play gallup and will then move to crowder this week. 

I think? he was kidding about BB putting Gilmore on Gallup.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Wrong.

You’re playing Gallup either way this week. Have we learned nothing this season?  The kid is a star in the making and Dak will be forced to throw early and often.   NE takes away your best weapon-   Which is undoubtedly Zeke and the running game.   

Edited by Impreza178
  • Thanks 1

On 11/20/2019 at 10:15 AM, Impreza178 said:

Wrong.

You’re playing Gallup either way this week. Have we learned nothing this season?  The kid is a star in the making and Dak will be forced to throw early and often.   NE takes away your best weapon-   Which is undoubtedly Zeke and the running game.   

Mccourty has been no slouch opposite of Gilmore. No outside wr besides John brown has finished better than top 30 wr against pats. 

On 11/20/2019 at 11:15 AM, Impreza178 said:

Wrong.

That's what Bill Belicheck wants you to think.  The battle of wits has begun.

34 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Mccourty has been no slouch opposite of Gilmore. No outside wr besides John brown has finished better than top 30 wr against pats. 

Wow...is that correct?

OBJ got 10 points.  That seems like it'd be top 30 but not sure.

Just now, K197040 said:

Wow...is that correct?

OBJ got 10 points.  That seems like it'd be top 30 but not sure.

I thought the same but i read it on the primer and also elsewhere, making me lean to crowder hard core. Mccourty if i remember stats only has allowed a 50% catch rate and 1 td and i think that was week 1... 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

I thought the same but i read it on the primer and also elsewhere, making me lean to crowder hard core. Mccourty if i remember stats only has allowed a 50% catch rate and 1 td and i think that was week 1... 

According to football guys stats, they've only given up 1 TD to a WR all season.  Goden Tate.  

And have they really not given up a TD to an RB all year?  That's nuts.

Edited by K197040