Panthers8912

Michael Gallup 2019 Outlook

2 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Agree.

I originally thought that Cooper would outpace him in TD's.   Which he might.  But I think it could be close.   Gallup seems to have the ability to make contested catches which Cooper isn't known for.  And so far, Dak seems willing to throw it to him even when he's in tight coverage.  

Hopefully he can get back close to 100%. 

Cooper has trouble making uncontested catches. 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Small sample size so far this year but having Gallup makes it much harder to double Amari.  

To me he just looks the part as a number 1wr. Started to show flashes down the stretch last year and seemed to be on his way to the very common second year Wr breakout 

• Like 2

Small sample size yes. But would it be a bit of reach to say or think that we have a WR1 A /WR1 B situation here 🤷‍♂️, similar to the Godwin/Evans duo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vanquish2073 said:

Looking around at ROS rankings on various sites, I see Gallup consistently ranked behind guys like Samuel, Marvin Jones, Metcalf, Golden Tate, etc. Am I crazy for thinking that experts are sleeping on this guy big time? I know the first couple of games were cake matchups (WSH and NYG) but 7-158 and 6-68 in that offense should be generating a little more buzz, no? 

His injury I'm sure is affecting his value in terms of ROS rankings right now. Barkley right now is ranked around 20th amongst RB behind guys like Kerryon and A. Jones due to his injury. But yeah, he's been a hold for me and I never thought about dropping him (using up an IR in most leagues, but I do have him in a league with Barkley where he's taking up a roster spot). I think Christian Kirk is probably a good comparable value wise right now if Gallup was healthy.

34 minutes ago, munygon2 said:

More progress:

I still hope they list him as "out" sooner rather than later so I can keep him on the IR and pick up a player. Good sign that he's starting to practice, but I don't think this needs to be rushed back into a game this week. Sit him and get him healthy for next week.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FrancoJavierM said:

Small sample size yes. But would it be a bit of reach to say or think that we have a WR1 A /WR1 B situation here 🤷‍♂️, similar to the Godwin/Evans duo.

Yes it would be a reach. Tampa has a crappy defense and running game.  So we’re expecting the Cowboys to support 2 WR 1s and a RB 1 now? Not gonna happen.

If Gallup breaks out, it’s going to be at the expense of Amari.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Yes it would be a reach. Tampa has a crappy defense and running game.  So we’re expecting the Cowboys to support 2 WR 1s and a RB 1 now? Not gonna happen.

I read the question a little differently.   I don't think he was asking about them having 2 fantasy WR 1.  But a situation where neither is the clear #1 on the team. 

Based on the extremely small 2 game sample size, they are only separated by 1 target. 

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Vanquish2073 said:

Looking around at ROS rankings on various sites, I see Gallup consistently ranked behind guys like Samuel, Marvin Jones, Metcalf, Golden Tate, etc. Am I crazy for thinking that experts are sleeping on this guy big time? I know the first couple of games were cake matchups (WSH and NYG) but 7-158 and 6-68 in that offense should be generating a little more buzz, no? 

Not crazy at all. I'd take him over all those guys without even having to think about it. I expect him to be WR15-20 ROS. 

26 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

And it may have been trending that way if not for the injury. Gallup had 15 targets through two games. Cooper had 14. Gallup left the 4th quarter against Washington with over 14 minutes left in the game. Regardless, they seem to have two pretty great receivers if that two game sample is any indication of what could be. Oh, and I disagree about Tampa's run game. They are middle of the league in rushing yards. That's better than Seattle, Carolina, Chargers, Saints, Chiefs, etc. Per rush average (3.8) is down due to them running that plodder Barber. Hopefully that changes.

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, K197040 said:

I read the question a little differently.   I don't think he was asking about them having 2 fantasy WR 1.  But a situation where neither is the clear #1 on the team. 

Based on the extremely small 2 game sample size, they are only separated by 1 target. 

If you read through the last couple pages, there are guys calling Gallup a back-end WR1.  Given Amari’s production so far this year, that would mean two WR1s on the Cowboys.

5 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

If you read through the last couple pages, there are guys calling Gallup a back-end WR1.  Given Amari’s production so far this year, that would mean two WR1s on the Cowboys.

I have read the last couple of pages.  Maybe I missed it but I didn't a discussion about him being a top 12 WR.

Edit...I saw one person mention that.

Edited by K197040

13 minutes ago, K197040 said:

I have read the last couple of pages.  Maybe I missed it but I didn't a discussion about him being a top 12 WR.

Edit...I saw one person mention that.

It’s fine... semantics really.  Maybe I’m a Dak skeptic, but I’m just saying I think a lot of owners in this thread are unrealistically high on the Dallas passing offense right now.

Until I see Prescott torch a decent pass defense, I think his WRs will have a combined ceiling that’s lower than most people think.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm a Dallas area local and Cowboy fan and I've been a fan of Gallup's since before he was drafted. 

I think Gallup's ceiling for the year is WR15 but he can have games that hit that ceiling level.  Teams have to respect Zeke, teams have to respect Amari, and teams have to at least consider Cobb and Witten as well.  Gallup is certainly got the skills to produce as the 2nd or 3rd read option on every passing play and he runs beautiful routes and has really good hands.  His biggest issues is timing on routes and breaks with Dak but there's been enough in limited games to show me that he's working on that and improving.  He's got a tremendous work ethic too, and Dak really likes that sort of thing in a WR.  (tbh, Amari does too, and Witten, and Cobb - honestly all the Dallas receivers have great attitude and work ethic) 

TL;DR - This week might be a little early to plug back into lineups unless you're hurting or they give him a Friday full practice (GB also a decent pass defense too) but he will should be able to produce as a solid WR2 level player and has the ceiling of a WR1 on any given week.  

Giddyup!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

How about a low-end WR1, a mid-to-low WR2 (Gallup) and a RB1?

Edited by sportsfreak2744
  • Like 1

A WR1 finish is a possibility, based on his usage from the first two games. It’s probably not likely but It will be more clear once we see them play vs a good pass defense. He was a deep ball receiver last year but he only has one deep reception this year(2 targets) so that should go up. He should also be the red zone threat. We’ll see once he’s back to full speed but his future looks promising.

Just now, Power-O said:

i am sadly going to start auden tate over this guy....i dont like the matchup

I like the matchup since Cooper is playing, but I don't like his comments this week. When he starts trusting himself I'll trust him in my lineup.

1 minute ago, FitzMagic said:

I like the matchup since Cooper is playing, but I don't like his comments this week. When he starts trusting himself I'll trust him in my lineup.

yeah...dont need the guy playing like he is nursing an injury...totally get that

Very tough to start him this week. Gotta hope he comes out of the game healthy and you plug him back in next week. This is just too risky. 

I don't know how he'll do this week, but I expect him to score more points than Cooper over the rest of the season after this weekend. I don't own him in any leagues, but the cutups of his 1st 2 games show real talent, and there were definitely signs of him breaking out. His performance vs. the Rams in the divisional round was stellar and a taste of what he can bring to this team in 2019.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Agmaniacmike said:

I don't know how he'll do this week, but I expect him to score more points than Cooper over the rest of the season after this weekend. I don't own him in any leagues, but the cutups of his 1st 2 games show real talent, and there were definitely signs of him breaking out. His performance vs. the Rams in the divisional round was stellar and a taste of what he can bring to this team in 2019.

It’s possible.   But I think Cooper’s route running is still better which seems to give him a better opportunity for YAC.  Which I think will lead to more TD’s.  But I think Gallup is probably a better Red Zone target in that he can make contested catches.  Will be interesting to see how it plays out.  

14 hours ago, Power-O said:

i am sadly going to start auden tate over this guy....i dont like the matchup

Alexander will shadow Cooper and Kevin king looks like he’ll be out. It looks better now.

Edited by ellie826