Panthers8912

Michael Gallup 2019 Outlook

21 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I think it is mental with Gallup. He's maybe thinking about his knee. Because before he got hurt he was looking amazing and running crisp routes.

He already had a great game after coming back from his injury though.

Yesterday's performance was a big disappointment.  There's no getting around that, especially with almost every website that posts anything about fantasy football saying how good he should be going forward, but I'm also not giving up on him either.  I'm still going to consider using him once again next week, as it was only one bad game out of 4.

Didn’t anyone watch this game? Prescott’s throws were all over the place. Yes, Gallup had 1 bad drop, but the other 2 were going to be circus catches when they didn’t need to be. Gallup also made a couple tough catches on off-target throws. The Cowboys as a whole didn’t look very good with both starting OT’s out. I expect a better performance from all of them next week

• Like 2

Should have a good bounce-back opportunity next week vs. Philly. If Cobb is out, Austin may be worth a dart throw if you are in need of a WR.

1 hour ago, lvsaint429 said:

Didn’t anyone watch this game? Prescott’s throws were all over the place. Yes, Gallup had 1 bad drop, but the other 2 were going to be circus catches when they didn’t need to be. Gallup also made a couple tough catches on off-target throws. The Cowboys as a whole didn’t look very good with both starting OT’s out. I expect a better performance from all of them next week

This was my conclusion as well. Of the three bad drops, only one was really bad. The other two were not close to being on target.

Additionally he made one or two tough grabs late in the game on their last few drives. Philly next week is a good spot where I expect a reasonable bounce back in productivity. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, mbell317 said:

Are we buying the hype on this guy? I've seen some rankings with him as high as #8 WR for this week.

He's 88% owned in Yahoo, so the hype is real and I'm buying. In fact, I've had him for over a month and rode out his injury. That's how much I believe in this stallion. Giddyup!

giphy.giftenor.gif

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, mbell317 said:

Are we buying the hype on this guy? I've seen some rankings with him as high as #8 WR for this week.

Everyone has a bad game occasionally. I can see 5-70 & maybe a score this week. This game actually has some scoring potential so I wouldn’t be surprised by a 28-24 final

• Like 3

With Cooper out you have to. Although the dud last week has to make you temper expectations a bit. Without that I'd be extremely high on him this week. Still should perform either way. Reasonable projection would be like 6, 100, and a TD. 

That's not a reasonable projection, that's a ceiling, or close to it. I think reasonable is more the 5-70 or so posted earlier.  TDs are a coin flip. But if he bombs out in this game, you really have to wonder if he's startable except in deeper leagues, esp when Cooper is back.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bomont said:

That's not a reasonable projection, that's a ceiling, or close to it. I think reasonable is more the 5-70 or so posted earlier.  TDs are a coin flip. But if he bombs out in this game, you really have to wonder if he's startable except in deeper leagues, esp when Cooper is back.

If you think that’s his ceiling then you haven’t been paying attention to the shambles that are the Eagles secondary. His floor may be 2 for 19 but his ceiling is somewhere around 8/150/3. 

If you don’t believe that go back and watch what Minny did last week on film. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, bomont said:

IDK...I almost think you need to wait until Cooper gets back to see how he does.   I think having Cooper on the field is better for Gallup than not.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, K197040 said:

IDK...I almost think you need to wait until Cooper gets back to see how he does.   I think having Cooper on the field is better for Gallup than not.

I consider Gallup 1B talent. So, I will be highly disappointed if he can't perform without Cooper. If he can get 6/70 that will show me enough, because it is tough not having a decent talent on the opposite side.

17 minutes ago, bomont said:

Reasonable optimistic projection I guess I should say. 5 for 70 with no TD is essentially his floor. I'd be shocked if he put up a dud like that. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I consider Gallup 1B talent. So, I will be highly disappointed if he can't perform without Cooper. If he can get 6/70 that will show me enough, because it is tough not having a decent talent on the opposite side.

I'm not saying he can't perform without Cooper.  Just in response to the above poster that it would be premature to bench him if he doesn't perform this week. 

1 hour ago, tatddy said:

If you think that’s his ceiling then you haven’t been paying attention to the shambles that are the Eagles secondary. His floor may be 2 for 19 but his ceiling is somewhere around 8/150/3. 

If you don’t believe that go back and watch what Minny did last week on film. 

Eagles defense getting some players back this week, though.

• Like 1

his average is 14.2 in my league....better than hopkins, and about on par with Julio.

Definitely WR2 and Flex easy. If Cooper is out, awesome, if he isn't...then Gallup seems to get the benefit of an easier defense, just like Ridley and Fuller.

Flexing this week and expect good returns against THE WORST passing defense in the league.

11 hours ago, bomont said:

6-100-1 is his ceiling? How do you figure this? 

Week 1   7-158-0

Week 2 (left early in the 4th) 6-68

Week 5  7-113-1

Week 6  4-48-0

Yet somehow his ceiling to you is lower than what he’s done in 2/3 full games played?

5-70 is the floor this week 

Gallup owner here. I honestly think not having Cooper could hurt Gallup a bit this week. I know that the Eagles Secondary is next level horrendous, but are we so sure that Gallup can step in to the WR1 role on that team? He'll be seeing the Top Coverage(if that means anything). I still think hes a must-start given the volume, but I'm not exactly expecting guarenteed WR1 numbers like many are expecting.

2 minutes ago, Broncos132 said:

Gallup owner here. I honestly think not having Cooper could hurt Gallup a bit this week. I know that the Eagles Secondary is next level horrendous, but are we so sure that Gallup can step in to the WR1 role on that team? He'll be seeing the Top Coverage(if that means anything). I still think hes a must-start given the volume, but I'm not exactly expecting guarenteed WR1 numbers like many are expecting.

Yep.  I know he was only a rookie last year.  But counting that and last week Gallup has produced much better when he has Cooper out there taking the defenses attention away from him.

35 minutes ago, Broncos132 said:

I’m more concerned with their offensive line than whether Cooper is active Sunday or not.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kidsgotsoul said:

I’m more concerned with their offensive line than whether Cooper is active Sunday or not.

Both Smith & Collins practiced today. Sounds like they should be back, which will help the entire offense. Running game will be better, play-action will be more effective, & Prescott can be comfortable in the pocket. Not worried about Gallup this week at all as long as that knee issue isn’t anything more than maintenance-type rest

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

Both Smith & Collins practiced today. Sounds like they should be back, which will help the entire offense. Running game will be better, play-action will be more effective, & Prescott can be comfortable in the pocket. Not worried about Gallup this week at all as long as that knee issue isn’t anything more than maintenance-type rest

You are a scholar and a gentleman. This is very good news for Gallup.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

6-100-1 is his ceiling? How do you figure this? 

Week 1   7-158-0

Week 2 (left early in the 4th) 6-68

Week 5  7-113-1

Week 6  4-48-0

Yet somehow his ceiling to you is lower than what he’s done in 2/3 full games played?

5-70 is the floor this week 

Me when I hear fantasy football people using the terms "floor" and "ceiling":

source.gif