Panthers8912

Michael Gallup 2019 Outlook

4 hours ago, Broncos132 said:

Gallup owner here. I honestly think not having Cooper could hurt Gallup a bit this week. I know that the Eagles Secondary is next level horrendous, but are we so sure that Gallup can step in to the WR1 role on that team? He'll be seeing the Top Coverage(if that means anything). I still think hes a must-start given the volume, but I'm not exactly expecting guarenteed WR1 numbers like many are expecting.

This could definitely be true. People get excited because they figure it'll mean he'll get 15+ targets, but the flip side is he's gonna get a lot more attention from the defense. I think he has a big week either way, but it's definitely a fair point. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jub Jub said:

Sooooo...WR1 this week?

Well, you typically need up towards 16-20 points in half-PPR to crack WR1 any given week, and he has put up that twice this year already. He was the WR17 week 1 with his 19.3 points and WR11 week 5 with 20.8.

Now facing a clear pass-funnel defense in the Eagles, giving up the 4th most receiving yards (280 per game) and the 4th least rushing yards (73 per game) in the league.

Cooper and both stud tackles Smith and Collins expected to play. DAL-PHI 3rd highest implied points total (49) this week.

WR1 certainly possible, even (I’d say especially) with Cooper back.

Edited by Alconbury
  • Thanks 3

27 minutes ago, Smoketheclay said:

This train is coming to a crawl

Aside from the Giants after the Bye week the schedule doesnt look good on paper.

Bye Week 8 then:

@ NYG

MIN

@ DET

@ NE 

BUF

@ CHI

LAR

Edited by 24/7fantasysports
  • Like 1

Boy I was dead wrong about this week. Dak has almost never looked his way the past two weeks. I know it's a small sample but he's trending down big time. Very concerning for those counting on him. 

41 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Boy I was dead wrong about this week. Dak has almost never looked his way the past two weeks. I know it's a small sample but he's trending down big time. Very concerning for those counting on him. 

Eagles really screwed up the gamescript on this one.  First 2 possessions they turned the ball over and gave the CB two easy TDs.  They never had to really throw the ball at all.  And the great Eagles run defense was non existent.  Cooper had 5 targets, Gallup had 4, and Cobb had three.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yeah the ideal scenario was PHI making the run game ineffective forcing DAL into a heavier passing scheme. Unfortunately PHI coughed up the ball twice in the first quarter for an easy 14 points. K197040 nailed it above with there only being a few targets amongst the pass catchers. Bummer for sure as this should’ve been a good spot for Gallup.

Hopefully tonight ill get gallup through ww for this week. I feel giants will use Jenkins a bit and some safety help on Cooper, this could be a great game for gallup.

i wana start but i have lost my confidence after the eagles debacle...i am starting waller/hunter henry over him...i dont like it based on the matchup

3 minutes ago, Power-O said:

i wana start but i have lost my confidence after the eagles debacle...i am starting waller/hunter henry over him...i dont like it based on the matchup

He gutted the Giants wk1...another week of rest to fully allow knee to heel. Big stuff coming for this kid.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

He gutted the Giants wk1...another week of rest to fully allow knee to heel. Big stuff coming for this kid.

what i dont like is dallas always wanting to run the ball by the goaline/redzone...its either dak or zeke...they really dont throw enough and with cooper feeling better they will be looking hsi way first even if they were to throw..hope im wrong for all you guys sake

Edited by Power-O

41 minutes ago, Power-O said:

what i dont like is dallas always wanting to run the ball by the goaline/redzone...its either dak or zeke...they really dont throw enough and with cooper feeling better they will be looking hsi way first even if they were to throw..hope im wrong for all you guys sake

I don't think this is true at all.   I maybe be wrong but I think they've thrown it as much as they've ran it in the red zone this year.

4 minutes ago, K197040 said:

I don't think this is true at all.   I maybe be wrong but I think they've thrown it as much as they've ran it in the red zone this year.

when i watched the jets game that was the narrative

Huge week for him. I think it's safe to assume if he puts up another dud the start of the season was a fluke. Unless you have great options I'd still be reasonably confident rolling him out there. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Power-O said:

when i watched the jets game that was the narrative

I don't think that's been the case for the whole season.   As I said, I could be wrong but I do remember hearing somewhere that they are throwing in the red zone more than previous seasons.  I've watched the games and that seems correct.  Someone could find that data I'm sure.  I'd like to know.

Although I will say that a lot of those red zone passes (especially 10 yards and closer) have been going to the TE. 

Cowboys 2019 Offense

248 passing attempts = 34.5 pass attempts per game

209 rushing attempts = 29.8 rushing attempts per game

Red Zone TD % = 64% , 9th in the league

Red Zone Attempts per game = 3.6 times per game

DAL leads the league in TD's per drive = .319

DAL leads the league in Defense-adjusted Value Over Average(DVOA)

DAL has 44 rushing attempts in the Red Zone

DAL has 26 passing attempts in the Red Zone, 16 of those passes were completed

• Like 2

Idk why there is all this talk about red zone. He was never going to be that option. His value is scoring on the long plays and hitting teams over the top. Before the season the redzone looks we’re always zeke, cooper, witten and Dak/Gallup. Before witten retired those little goal line passes were his.

1 hour ago, Swinger said:

Cowboys 2019 Offense

Good stuff. Thanks.  Do you know what the break down was in 2017, 2018?

17 hours ago, Swinger said:

Cowboys 2019 Offense

So my point is validated...he is a wr3 borderline 2 to me because of the type of team he is on...if peyton manning was the qb it would be a whole diff story