Rotoworld.com Forums

Jusuf Nurkic 2019-2020 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season 2020 automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2021.]

15 minutes ago, BringVancouverBack said:

Bro Whiteside will get dropped to the bench. Nurkic didn’t lose his spot because of his play he got an unfortunate injury. Trust when he’s back and good, Whiteside will be irrelevant 

That's what I said lol... whiteside will take a backseat. So I agree! 

• Like 1
  • Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

70% of last year's value doesn't apply to FG% if you're already multiplying by the counting stats.     Don't talk about stats unless you understand stats. 

Nurk alert *was in uniform at shoot around this morning*

Posted Images

If he is not traded Whiteside won't be irrelevant, And I don't really expect Nurkic to come back after a year and start killing it, we all saw what happened to Hayward or to Paul George his first month back. If Nurk comes back in February he might be the one to be irrelevant in H2H leagues. I don't see him exceeding 20 mins per game to be honest. And if Portland keeps on losing they probably trade Whiteside and limit Nurk's minutes anyway. No reason to risk it.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, RipCity0 said:

If he is not traded Whiteside won't be irrelevant, And I don't really expect Nurkic to come back after a year and start killing it, we all saw what happened to Hayward or to Paul George his first month back. If Nurk comes back in February he might be the one to be irrelevant in H2H leagues. I don't see him exceeding 20 mins per game to be honest. And if Portland keeps on losing they probably trade Whiteside and limit Nurk's minutes anyway. No reason to risk it.

Nurk on 1 leg would play better defense than Whiteside lol

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Nurk on 1 leg would play better defense than Whiteside lol

It doesn't matter if he plays better. Blazers are going nowhere right now and they won't risk anything. You think such a huge body will return and play immediately at 100%? 

Edited by RipCity0
Just now, RipCity0 said:

It doesn't matter if he plays better. Blazers are going nowhere right now and they won't risk anything.

yeah I know was just saying, still early in the season tho, but I kinda agree the 8th spot in the West is gonna be fun to watch. The Pelicans are on a 3 game winning streak with injuries, Kings are playing better with injuries, and the Spurs will prob get going or make a move. 

• Like 1

personally I just dropped nurk to the wire (needed his IR spot for vuc) the more I think about it the less I think he can be helpful - comes back around all star break, plays a few mins, big body so will get a lot of soreness so will be rested heaps and if they're out of playoff contention which is looking likely they won't be motivated to ramp him up for the playoffs if at all

• 2 weeks later...

I picked him up from the waiverwire since I'm 7-0 and can afford it. If he comes back maybe at around All Star Break and has some good games for the Fantasy Playoffs he could be a league winner...

3 hours ago, KB24MVP said:

I picked him up from the waiverwire since I'm 7-0 and can afford it. If he comes back maybe at around All Star Break and has some good games for the Fantasy Playoffs he could be a league winner...

His injury was pretty serious, doubt he is unleashed this season.

I was reading into his injury and it said his broken bones healed b quickly bc they put a titanium rod in his tibia and he basically can't break it again. At this point, it's mostly about strengthening the muscles and joints so he doesn't get another injury for compensating for any weaknesses he may still have.

Supposedly he was already walking 2 weeks after the surgery.

1 minute ago, KB24MVP said:

Who says that? I couldn't find an exact timetable anywhere...

BBM, but it's an estimation. In any case, there's no word from the Blazers regarding his return. Him travelling with the team might not mean anything other than he wants to see his team play.

37 minutes ago, Basketboss21 said:

BBM, but it's an estimation. In any case, there's no word from the Blazers regarding his return. Him travelling with the team might not mean anything other than he wants to see his team play.

At best he plays the minutes restrictions they have mo bamba on, not worth a stash imo

Is he worth a stash for leagues with an IR? Not sure how much value he'll have returning from such a serious injury. He's gonna have a lot of restrictions I'm assuming.

Edited by NoahsArc