Pyschout

Jusuf Nurkic 2019-2020 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season 2020 automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2021.]

Message added by tonycpsu

10 minutes ago, NoahsArc said:

Is he worth a stash for leagues with an IR? Not sure how much value he'll have returning from such a serious injury. He's gonna have a lot of restrictions I'm assuming.

I am going to stash him, nothing to lose really and you never know with Portland and Stotts. Dame has looked hurt yet still has to play big minutes. Portland has a very thin front court and even if he only plays 20-25 minutes the value should be there

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

I am going to stash him, nothing to lose really and you never know with Portland and Stotts. Dame has looked hurt yet still has to play big minutes. Portland has a very thin front court and even if he only plays 20-25 minutes the value should be there

Your insight was enough for me to stash. Just gonna stream anyways. Lets me have more fun while I wait for him to recover. On top of that, how could I not stash Nurk when he was wearing such an amazing suit last week on the bench against the Lakers? LOL.

A42E2E8D-2547-4E5C-9727-578D3D3C16FE.jpeg

Edited by NoahsArc
  • Haha 1

You run those stairs, Nurk! Who knows, he might surprise us and return earlier. The Blazers will be fighting for a playoff spot all year and need healthy bodies. They obviously won’t rush him, but they have enough incentive to bring him back and give Jusuf solid minutes off the bench.

Edited by NoahsArc
  • Like 1

If they trade Whiteside for a four or a wing then Nurk might be very useful come playoff time. I doubt the Blazers want to just let Whiteside expire.

If you have an open IL spot, I would stash him. You never know with Nurkic. Also, keep in mind if the Blazers end up trading Whiteside before the trade deadline, this can be a glorified move if you got him. You know what Nurkic is capable of, doesn't hurt to have him just in case.

• Like 3

ESPN provided an update where they also assume he comes back around All Star Break. With him travelling with the team already and positive updates from different sources I guess he could be ready to go by the beginning of February and be a very valuable asset when the Fantasy Playoffs start a little later.

If you have an open IR Slot or have a good record already, I would go for it and grab him!

12 hours ago, Eltoro said:

If they trade Whiteside for a four or a wing then Nurk might be very useful come playoff time. I doubt the Blazers want to just let Whiteside expire.

The timing though is tricky as it's more than likely that Nurkic is not ready for starters minutes by trade deadline. I really thing they will trade Bazemore and let Hassan expire.

6 hours ago, RipCity0 said:

The timing though is tricky as it's more than likely that Nurkic is not ready for starters minutes by trade deadline. I really thing they will trade Bazemore and let Hassan expire.

Couldn't Collins cover from the trade deadline to Nurk's return?

2 hours ago, claptondecheeks said:

Couldn't Collins cover from the trade deadline to Nurk's return?

I think he is coming back after Nurk.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

Oh **** I didn't know

It’s been stated that he wont be ready until March at least

• Thanks 1

I’m debating stashing him from now in a competitive no IR league. Even if he plays with heavy restrictions and only 20 mins a night, those stats he will put up should still be better than a low end center streamer like Dwight Powell, Theis, zeller etc

I've been debating who to stash between Nurk, Curry and OPJ in a competitive no IR league. I think all three have a chance to be back around the ASB. Went with Curry in the end due to the type of injury, but acknowledge the situation isn't as favourable. 

Same here, I already have Nurk and probably will add Porter as soon as Bryant as healthy again and out of my IR when he is still on the wire

5 hours ago, KB24MVP said:

Same here, I already have Nurk and probably will add Porter as soon as Bryant as healthy again and out of my IR when he is still on the wire

I have 1 IR spot that dipo has been in (thought he would have been back already and I have held too long to give up on him now lol). I had Otto and had to drop him when Smart was also out. Someone dropped Bryant so I picked him up. Hoping Bryant comes back soon so I can pick up Nurk or Otto. Would be perfect if Bryant and Dipo comes back at a similar time so I could grab both Nurk and Otto. 

3 hours ago, claptondecheeks said:

Why are people holding onto OPJ? He's been trash this year. 

There's always hope!

Wonder when he will get back?  PG took only 6 months I think.  But he played very limited minutes and not very well.  Nurkic has taken 10 months already, and should be healthier I hope, but don't know if it's similar or not. 

57 minutes ago, vnmslsrbms said:

Wonder when he will get back?  PG took only 6 months I think.  But he played very limited minutes and not very well.  Nurkic has taken 10 months already, and should be healthier I hope, but don't know if it's similar or not. 

I would say they're being careful with him. He's taking so long due to a combination of factors - his added size, and they want him to be as healthy as possible as they need him for their playoff push in the competitive West.

I'm a firm believer that he will come up BIG for fantasy owners down the stretch. Don't think there's gonna be much of a timeshare of any sort - Hhe's as important as Lillard and CJ to the team and how they play IMO. Hassan's currently just a stopgap, not to mention the trade rumours circling around.

Nurk was elite last year, if he can only produce like 70% of what he did he is already a potential league winner. Thta's also why I have him in my IR for a long time now, I really expect a lot of production during the fantasy playoffs. 

1 hour ago, KB24MVP said:

Nurk was elite last year, if he can only produce like 70% of what he did he is already a potential league winner. 

70% of last year would be 35%fg, 11pts, 7 rebs, 1block, 0.7 stls.

That's a league winner? That's borderline FA stuff. Don't talk about stats unless you study stats. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, KB24MVP said:

Nurk was elite last year, if he can only produce like 70% of what he did he is already a potential league winner. Thta's also why I have him in my IR for a long time now, I really expect a lot of production during the fantasy playoffs. 

lolz....just lolz.

In my points league he produced around 25 Fantasypoints per game and was C6 with that. If he drops to 70%, what would still be 17.5 FPG, that would be a league winner. Such points you almost mever find on the FA Market.

Sorry for the misunderstanding

Gonna try to pick him up and stash him once Thomas Bryant comes off the IR

Not expecting anything out of him but w an open IR slot why not