Pyschout

Jusuf Nurkic 2019-2020 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season 2020 automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2021.]

Message added by tonycpsu

Recommended Posts

What a fucckin idiot

 

im dropping his a** after that tasteless bomb in the Lillard Post game interview tonight 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Fantasyscrub said:

What a fucckin idiot

 

im dropping his a** after that tasteless bomb in the Lillard Post game interview tonight 

What’d he say?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just clowning around and not knowing the seriousness of the moment. Lillard is talking about Kobe's legacy on national TV, but Nurk is being a clown. It happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.nbcsports.com/northwest/portland-trail-blazers/details-calf-strain-jusuf-nurkic-suffered-practice

 

Considered minor, not on the leg he broke, and not out of the ordinary as his body may still be compensating. PG also had a calf strain six games in when he returned from his injury.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dont_panic said:

Is he gonna be back for fantasy playoffs???


Still projected to be back after the break, so I’m assuming yes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, thoughts on his value now that Whiteside wasn’t traded?

i still feel that once he’s up to speed he’ll play more over Whiteside. Better fit, season isn’t lost, they need him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Espoiral said:

So, thoughts on his value now that Whiteside wasn’t traded?

i still feel that once he’s up to speed he’ll play more over Whiteside. Better fit, season isn’t lost, they need him.


Why do people keep saying this bullshite?  What has Whiteside done to lose the starting job?  He’s been awesome.  Portland has nothing to complain about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Espoiral said:

So, thoughts on his value now that Whiteside wasn’t traded?

i still feel that once he’s up to speed he’ll play more over Whiteside. Better fit, season isn’t lost, they need him.


If it happens it will happen very late in the season imo. They don't have the cushion to put him right back in as a starter the way the Pacers have with Dipo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, DemOrioles said:


Why do people keep saying this bullshite?  What has Whiteside done to lose the starting job?  He’s been awesome.  Portland has nothing to complain about.

Ask any Blazer fan and they’ll tell you the same thing.

Nurk is a better overall player than Whiteside, period. Nurk does so much for the team on both ends in terms of keeping the offense flowing, communicating on defense, etc.

Now the key is whether we’ll get a sufficiently healthy Nurk to make a difference by fantasy playoffs. All it takes is a limited 20 minute role off the bench to make a difference backing up Whiteside, I’m confident they’ll feed him to get his confidence and conditioning back.

Skal was also moved, which means they are preparing for Nurk’s imminent return. Less competition as well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

heard the news the Big Nurk is still no timeline for return, maybe late-February or March.. it's the right time to move on?

has been holding from early January and now it's getting harder to pull the button.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still two weeks to get in shape until Fantasy playoffs begin. And don't forget, he can produce heavily also with limited minutes and Portland is playing for the 8th spot in the West, all good arguments that the Blazers are looking forward to have him back and use him! Portland still sucks with Whiteside in charge and need Nurk if they wanna turn the season around.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, enbhie said:

heard the news the Big Nurk is still no timeline for return, maybe late-February or March.. it's the right time to move on?

has been holding from early January and now it's getting harder to pull the button.

 

I only stashed cuz my IR was free, however, with T.Bryant suffering a setback and being up against the top team in my league I had to drop. 

If he's still available once my IR frees up then I'll pick him up again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KB24MVP said:

Still two weeks to get in shape until Fantasy playoffs begin. And don't forget, he can produce heavily also with limited minutes and Portland is playing for the 8th spot in the West, all good arguments that the Blazers are looking forward to have him back and use him! Portland still sucks with Whiteside in charge and need Nurk if they wanna turn the season around.

This.

Feel like this could go either way, but I’m confident that the Blazers are counting on using him as a much needed boost. I mean, they’re playing Swanigan as Whiteside’s backup right now. That’s not going to cut it. 

The lack of timetable is concerning, but it also indicates a day-to-day thing where the moment he’s ready, he plays. Olshey has mentioned it, so don’t be surprised if we hear nothing and then boom, probable for the next game.

Blazer fans (on Reddit) are speculating 2/21 as an ideal return date, which gives him about 2 weeks of 15 minutes, before ramping up to 20-25 for fantasy playoffs. Plenty of minutes to do damage. They’ll feed him in the post to help his conditioning and confidence too. I’ll be happy with 13/9 with stocks and efficient scoring.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Espoiral said:

This.

Feel like this could go either way, but I’m confident that the Blazers are counting on using him as a much needed boost. I mean, they’re playing Swanigan as Whiteside’s backup right now. That’s not going to cut it. 

The lack of timetable is concerning, but it also indicates a day-to-day thing where the moment he’s ready, he plays. Olshey has mentioned it, so don’t be surprised if we hear nothing and then boom, probable for the next game.

Blazer fans (on Reddit) are speculating 2/21 as an ideal return date, which gives him about 2 weeks of 15 minutes, before ramping up to 20-25 for fantasy playoffs. Plenty of minutes to do damage. They’ll feed him in the post to help his conditioning and confidence too. I’ll be happy with 13/9 with stocks and efficient scoring.

 

Thats what I am hoping for and what I also think is pretty reasonable. If not he was a free add and I sit comfortably in the number one spot, so if he's not ready by playoff start then just back to the WW and go on with another one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Highly doubtful he's back right after the break with the lack of practice. Likely a mid March return date at this point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, n3gative said:

Highly doubtful he's back right after the break with the lack of practice. Likely a mid March return date at this point

Indeed. I’ve seen dates ranging from right after ASB, early March, mid March. To be honest no one knows when he may come back. He was practicing fully and set to return soon enough but hasn’t done much lately due to the calf strain, but these only take a week or so to recover from. So we’ll see. I’m locked in for playoffs, holding him, Steph in IL, and Wagner, and hoping these will be my difference makers in the playoffs. Assuming by the first week of March Nurk isn’t back yet, I’ll stick Nurk in my IL in place of Steph (who’s set to return first week of March) and let him marinate while I roll with my guys for the playoffs.

Edited by Espoiral

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, this may be a stretch, but if you look at DMC after he came back from his torn Achilles last year, he had 1 game of 15 mins before going straight up to 20+ minutes. Still put up big stats during that period. Obviously different situations, but they are both big men coming off a serious long term injury. Even if Nurk does come back just before the start of playoffs, he’s still worth a stash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well it looks like I may have to drop him at this point, with the Holmes news even though I’m locked in for playoffs. Was already stashing Curry in my only IL spot as well as Holmes taking up a roster spot, but there’s just too many uncertainties in my team heading down the stretch. It was a fun ride guys. 

Edited by Espoiral

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.