Pyschout

Jusuf Nurkic 2019-2020 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season 2020 automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2021.]

Message added by tonycpsu

He was targetting end of February, with the setback I guess we will have to wait at least another 2 weeks...

Keeping my eye on him feel like a return is bound to happen very soon

55 minutes ago, shiftysaj said:

He’s not even practising at the moment still rehabbing the calf. I’d say mid March at best 

8 hours ago, shiftysaj said:

You took too much man, you took to much... to much 

tumblr_mnd5s1FUHw1sojinqo1_500.gif

Edited by Stefan

really would love a clear timetable, sucks not to know mhow much time he has left to get in shape before Fantasy Playoffs start...

On 1/22/2020 at 7:16 PM, Dirty Little Birdie said:

You’d be foolish not to stash him. He has league winning potential. You’re not going to find a better player off the wire at this point and if/when something happens to Whiteside he can put up top 25 numbers. 

On 1/22/2020 at 9:08 PM, Johnnyapplebot said:

For leagues with no IR um its not foolish. He wont be back before the all star break, doubt whiteside gets traded, and when he does come back hes going to be in a minute restriction for a while and competing/backing up whiteside for minutes. Zach Collins will be back by march they just traded for ariza and melo is still going to get some PF minutes.

On 1/22/2020 at 9:30 PM, ItzJaBoiSam said:

Sorry you missed out, bud, there's always a next time! You can probably still pick Sekou or Wood, I heard those guys are real studs.

On 1/22/2020 at 9:37 PM, Johnnyapplebot said:

Ok buddy lets revisit this after fantasy playoffs.

Guess we dont need to revisit after fantasy playoffs. We can revisit now.

9 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Guess we dont need to revisit after fantasy playoffs. We can revisit now.

Let it go, baby.

anyone still holding in non IR leagues? im still holding in my 14 team league with playoffs staring march 23rd. Starting to loose patience.

30 minutes ago, the1gq2nvy said:

anyone still holding in non IR leagues? im still holding in my 14 team league with playoffs staring march 23rd. Starting to loose patience.

I have the exact same league size and Playoff start. I'm locked in for #1 spot so I'm holding until the start of the Playoffs, but my hopes are pretty slim that he will actually suit up and perform after the last updates.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, KB24MVP said:

I have the exact same league size and Playoff start. I'm locked in for #1 spot so I'm holding until the start of the Playoffs, but my hopes are pretty slim that he will actually suit up and perform after the last updates.

My playoff start march 16th, in 10 teams h2h 9 cat league with no IR. Lucky I made switch for Richaun Holmes last week to fill my streamer post, because i'm quite thin on bigs. Wish a good luck for Nurk owners.

Edited by enbhie

10 hours ago, the1gq2nvy said:

Hell no. IR spot why not but I think that unrated calf injury or whatever it was, ruined his chances of returning. I think we will see him in the last couple weeks of the nba season (not fantasy) and depending on your playoff schedule you might get him for finals. But who knows he might be back in a couple days. Not worth the risk over a streaming spot. 

So right now it doesn't look like he's necessarily coming back within a week or two, completely unknown.  Then when he comes back how much would he realistically play right away after a year off from basketball?  Additionally Whiteside is filling the spot productively at center, so there is no need to ramp up the minutes right away, and even if they do he probably wouldn't be as productive as if he had the center spot to himself like last year.

I'd love to hold him but I don't think the upside is even there to justify burning a limited weekly pickup on him, especially if you have someone like Drummond who may be occupying the IL spot soon enough.

14 hours ago, the1gq2nvy said:

I can't imagine holding him in anything but dynasty or keeper settings. Or maybe multiple IR leagues, but still. I'd think you can leave him on the waivers in the most leagues and pick up again if there's maybe some news of him coming back, but otherwise, I'd stay away.

Posted (edited)

He's not even rosterable at this point unless you're in super deep leagues. Hot free agent >> Rusty Nurkic with restricted minutes and rest days

Edited by sharkpotato
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ChefCurryWitDaPot said:

Worth picking up? How long until he gets up to speed? 

He won't get up to speed this season. Better to just leave him on the wire.

Posted (edited)

i dropped him for josh rich...my playoffs don't start till 23rd...debating if his still worth picking up. I think as long as whiteside is there getting majority mins...i can't see them playing 2 ctrs at the same time. I think most optimistic is he will get 20 mins at the most. If anything i see him hurting whiteside value and being an end of the bench ctr. I think everyone that stashed him early was thinking he be back earlier than this and unseat whiteside towards end of season and be useful for the playoffs but at this point i don't think he will have enough time to unseat him.

Edited by the1gq2nvy

Meh first time playing in over a year hes not going to be playing 30 minutes right off the gate and will be having his "get up to speed" games during fantasy playoffs.

2 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Meh first time playing in over a year hes not going to be playing 30 minutes right off the gate and will be having his "get up to speed" games during fantasy playoffs.

He wasnt playing 30 minutes last year when he was 15/10 with great percentages and stocks. As a top 40 guy. He needs 20 minutes to become rosterable in 12 teams and 26ish minutes to be a league winner.

There is a chance 

Only time will tell but Blazers are desperate for that 8th seed. He should have some value in anchoring your FG%/REB and some peripheral stats. I think he could be worth a flier.

Posted (edited)

Yeah, really not sold on the guy.  He's a FA in all leagues but I don't have IL room and while I'm safe for POs, I just dunno if he'll do more than a stream spot or a hot FA.

The problem is that if you're considering a pickup, you need to move quickly.  Even if the majority of folks avoid him in your league, there's always that maverick guy who swoops for upside just on name and reputation alone.

5 minutes ago, justaguy said:

He wasnt playing 30 minutes last year when he was 15/10 with great percentages and stocks. As a top 40 guy. He needs 20 minutes to become rosterable in 12 teams and 26ish minutes to be a league winner.

There is a chance 

Well then again, last year he wasn't coming off a serious, gruesome injury either.  Or dealing with a white-hot Whiteside.  And he's also going to be heavily, heavily managed, not just in minutes or rest days but in general workload.  Temper your expectations.  Like, a lot.

EDIT:  Also, by adding him during most people's POs, you're also taking a HUGE risk given we have very very little leeway - Most people try to avoid any risk during the playoffs, and by adding a guy with heavy restrictions and who hasn't been playing at all, it's probably not wise unless you have no other options.  

Edited by MWon
  • Like 1