Fantasyscrub

Larry Nance 2019-2020 Outlook

How high are you on Nance for the new season?  He was an absolute beast in the second half of the season with seemingly strong double doubles and high steals/assists for a PF almost every game

With a new coach and Tristan Thompson at high risk of being traded, do you see him cracking top 30 value again?  How much would you pay in a $200 auction league?

Edited by Fantasyscrub

Is Love a trade candidate?  I have no idea when his contract expires.  I was big on Nance last year and it didn't really pan out for any extended or consistent period of time.  But I don't see how his situation is worse this year, so I guess I'll be in on him again.

I'll wait to see what the rotation looks like, but $10 seems decent.

I highly doubt he will cost even $10.  He’s the sort of player who has a lot more value than the public believes.  I don’t think he’s sexy at all: 10/10 with 1.5 steals on excellent efficiency.  Thing is, if you count the three efficiency cats, steals, rebounds that’s five cats and puts him ahead of the median.  It seems as if there are a lot of similarly valued players: zeller, Allen, Thad (maybe not in his current team) who are also undervalued.  I can’t say he’s a target but if he’s your 10th guy in roto then I think you’re doing well.  

• Like 1

Cavs head coach was Webbers coach in college, hopefully he sees some of Webber's playingmaking in Nance and gives him a few more minutes.  He has solid vision at his position. 

15 minutes ago, greatestmetfan said:

Wait at what point in time was Larry Nance a top 30 player lol

He was ranked 23rd for the last month of the 18-19 season. 

Edited by StifleTower2
  • Like 1

Rotoworld reports that Nance is the projected starter and will play some minutes at SF. I really hope this is the case but I still feel like there's a good chance that he won't start. He has been working on extending his range so playing SF doesn't seem like a pipe dream.

Yeah. Shouldn’t be for long. 🤞. Love his game. As long as he don’t get injured. $$$

• Like 1

Damn Love and Thompson just steal so many minutes... really don’t get it why a coach on a rebuilding team is playing those dudes instead of this young guy 

Edited by KB24MVP
  • Thanks 1

His time will come. Important thing is LNJ fills up the stat sheet when he's on the court. Watch out when the three starts falling!

• Like 1

Dude's gonna get his whether he starts or comes of the bench. Feel sorry for the dudes who were bailing on him already

3 hours ago, dragonballz said:

Anyone watched the game? Why did he get less than 20 mins? 

Love and TT soaking up most of the front court minutes. Just got to be patient as nothing is changing in the short term without injuries. When the losses start piling up, I'm hopeful of a trade or benching, and potentially shut down towards the back end. Not an ideal situation though. 

If either Love or Thompson get injured - which should happen sooner than later - Nance should have great value what he always has when he gets the minutes. Also a trade should be on the table, but we probably just have to wait this out until something changes 

This man destroyed me last season i know what he is capable of, i'm glad i have him on my team this year. His last game against the pacers was underwhelming but that was only because of K love's and Tristan Thompson's stellar performances. I don't think TT & Klove can sustain those performances for the whole year without barring any injuries or maybe even getting traded so Larry Nance is a must hold to me, also Larry has the green light to shoot more threes this season!

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, shiftysaj said:

This man destroyed me last season i know what he is capable of, i'm glad i have him on my team this year. His last game against the pacers was underwhelming but that was only because of K love's and Tristan Thompson's stellar performances. I don't think TT & Klove can sustain those performances for the whole year without barring any injuries or maybe even getting traded so Larry Nance is a must hold to me, also Larry has the green light to shoot more threes this season!

I know what he is capable of too. He actually helped me win last year. And yes both Love and TT are injury prone/trade candidates and the coach has given Nance the green light to shoot threes and he seems to like Nance which helps.

Their front court is just so crowded tho. His minutes I am afraid are going to be volatile game to game. I understand why it happened, but 19 minutes is not enough. All he needs is around 25-28 minutes to be valuable if he is going to be coming off the bench, but I am not sure he is going to get there often enough with Love and TT around. 

I am in Roto so no way I am dropping, but I am concerned. Never a good thing to be waiting for an injury or trade to happen.

11 minutes ago, overtime2000 said:

man, is this guy a drop yet?

he gets nothing with love/TT soaking up all the rebounds

the steals arent coming in either

Steals will come and he's getting minutes. I wouldn't panic.