Fantasyscrub

Larry Nance 2019-2020 Outlook

completed blindsided me. never thought having nance instead of wood would be a loss. now with TT not being bought out its game over. not even a game today or tomorrow for nance to chop whilst the incoming players aren't playing/clearing medicals. with Cavs off for a few days everyone will be playing by next game. might have to give Juan a go now

so not cool. especially with how he has been balling it was looking like the stars were aligning to let him completely breakout. maybe drummond will be so pissed he won't play for the cavs and maybe TT is shutdown. I dunno its unlikely and he probably will go back now to a top 100-120 player (was top 35 last 2 weeks) but i would say wait 2-3 games and see unless there is a big pickup available for you.

very unhappy for me, my fantasy team and for Nance. I'm holding for a few games to see whats up.

25 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Call me crazy but I think I’m still buying.

Same... TT refusing to be bought out almost makes me think they are gonna phase him out completely out of spite

No drops until we see how the next few games goes.

• Thanks 1

Sad.. we stash him with the expectation that TT and/or love will be dealt. Now they ADD another dominant big. 

He’s still a hold in 14-team.. Finally plays his best and still able to maintain top 100 in 20 minutes. In 12-team I’m not sure if I should be optimistic.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, yung_fetty said:

Same... TT refusing to be bought out almost makes me think they are gonna phase him out completely out of spite

it's the last bit of hope also because he played really solid lately... but I think he will be the most dropped player by the end of next week :(

Hoping for the best but expecting the worst. Gonna keep my eye on some bigs in the wire incase its drop city. 

22 minutes ago, iowncrazyhair said:

Hoping for the best but expecting the worst. [...]

Fooooreeeeeveer Yoooung, I wanna be FORVER YOUNG

• Haha 4

I think TT gets phased out.  Nance is their future and Thompson won’t be brought back if the Cavs intend on re-signing Drummond.  

• Like 1

People are overreacting. Yeah, it’s not great. But are you buying stock in TT? Hell no. Buying stock in Love? Nah, I’m sure his back issues will conveniently flare up as the Cavs losses pile up. Drummond? Him yea I’d probably buy.

Unless the argument is that these guys will canabalize each other’s value, which I guess is possible, I’m still buying Nance.

FML I have both TT and Nance on a 20 team league... No real pickups either, so I guess I'll have to wait to see how this all shakes out.

I'm holding Nance.  Highly skeptical of the rumors he can play SF, since that's just asking for the Smoove/Monroe/Drummond combo that the Pistons tried a while ago.

However, he CAN back up both positions and play alongside either Drummond or KLove, which is something TT cannot, and since TT/Drummond both do similar things, I can see Nance being an energy/defensive player off the bench who can help with some passing and shooting.  And as stated, it's possible the Cavs rest or shut down K Love and/or TT. While it's not ideal, it's hopefully not a death blow to Nance's value.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just sad... He was playing so damn well already.  ☹️☹️☹️

Edited by lbc88

Eh, I dropped.  Really sucks - I lost Nance in one league and TT in two more due to Drummond's move.

I still think he'll perform well in limited minutes, but it looks like 20 minutes is about his average/peak now, and even if K Love gets shut down, there's no guarantee Nance will immediately slot into his minutes.  We're basically hoping for both TT AND K Love to get shut down for Nance to reemerge.  Furthermore, the bigger issue is that if TT gets about 20 minutes as well, Nance is operating solely as K Love's backup at PF and is less involved with the offense.

I wouldn't say he's an instant drop, but if there's a hot FA, I'd suggest moving first (I had Beasley somehow still available, so I'm gonna worry about Dlo later and pounce first).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, vinchg said:

Drop city anyone? 

I might have to as well for Kennard assuming my waiver claim goes through. Its either Nance or Juancho as my drop and now its looking like Nance.