Fantasyscrub

Larry Nance 2019-2020 Outlook

37 minutes ago, yeet said:

I wanna drop him so badddddd

Do you say the same when going to no.2?

• Haha 3

Similar to Nerlens, a must-stash player until TT and / or Love get injured or traded.

1 hour ago, El_Chingon said:

Similar to Nerlens, a must-stash player until TT and / or Love get injured or traded.

I have both Noel and Nance.  The difference is Noel produces in his current reserve role while Nance does not.  Noel gets stocks and has a great fg%.  Noel is a top 80 player with high upside.  Nance has been top 150 at best.     

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Blastoid said:

I have both Noel and Nance.  The difference is Noel produces in his current reserve role while Nance does not.  Noel gets stocks and has a great fg%.  Noel is a top 80 player with high upside.  Nance has been top 150 at best.     

Ageed.  Noel is a garbage player who only needs to rim run and pile up hustle stats to be a fantasy force.  The problem with Nance in addition to low playing time is he is a wing player with no PG to get him the ball.  I have seen Sexton deliberately freeze him out even when wide open for a 3.  Sexton is a very low IQ player who should only be a career 6th man scorer, has no business trying to run a team.  Garland isn't ready.   All that said Nance has still put up serviceable numbers in games where TT or Love are out:  In 5 games as a starter this year he averaged 12/11/.8/.8/1.2.

Edited by El_Chingon
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, flat_eric said:

Reports today that there is optimism Love can be moved before the deadline.

Does it matter?  Nance has sucked all season, regardless if he starts or if he's off the bench.

37 minutes ago, DownSouthWolverine said:

Does it matter?  Nance has sucked all season, regardless if he starts or if he's off the bench.

Not accurate. He stats while starting (check the thread) are more than roster worthy, and there's plenty of room to improve from there.

51 minutes ago, DownSouthWolverine said:

Quoting what El_Chingon said: "In 5 games as a starter this year he averaged 12/11/.8/.8/1.2." 

This stat line isn't "trash", as you claim. He averaged similar numbers last year and he ranked 78. I guess only top 50 players aren't "trash"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Also the playing time would jump in the 29-33min area probably. But are these new, more specific rumours or just the old ones from a couple weeks ago?

5 minutes ago, iowncrazyhair said:

beast first half

Love seeing the box score like that once I drop a player.

14 minutes ago, iowncrazyhair said:

beast first half

#mustaddnow

• Like 1

On 1/1/2020 at 12:38 PM, NBA_OG said:

Do you say the same when going to no.2?

Suits him coz He’s playing like a whole pile of poop right now. 

2 Points, 2 Rebounds, 2 Assists, 2 Steals

Nice Quadruple Double guys

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Given this appears to be the same injury that kept him out in December, there is a good chance it is the reason for his recent poor play. I'd be happy to drop at this point, particularly if you can pick up another stash like Wood or Noel.

• Like 2

I'm likely dropping him for Wood, but man, this is one of those drops that may come back to haunt us.  The season is young, Love might be moving, and Nance has been known to tear it up when healthy and given starters minutes.

This injury is a godsend for Nance holders with an IL. It means 1-2 more weeks of a possible trade of TT/Love that we don't have to play him for, instead we can stream the spot.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, yeet said:

This injury is a godsend for Nance holders with an IL. It means 1-2 more weeks of a possible trade of TT/Love that we don't have to play him for, instead we can stream the spot.

This is exactly how I feel. 😃

9 minutes ago, brickcitymamba said:

Still worth a stash in deeper formats? The upside is somewhere out there

Holding in my 14 teamer with my IL occupied. I still believe that he will be unleashed soon.

but i guess that depends where you are in the standings.