Sign in to follow this  
brockpapersizer

Joey Cantillo SP SDP

Just having an absolutely great year

Including today he's already logged 80 Innings, which is just great to see for a 19 year old pitcher. 

>11k/9  . > 3BB/9

Rising on prospects lists daily.  Pitching prospects are still pitching prospects, but this one is moving up with a green arrow in a hurry.

This is from a week ago 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, BigPapi44 said:

@brockpapersizer have been following him, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.  Do you have any data on the fastball velo?

I saw this.  I dunno. He's still just19 and he's 6'4" 220 per fg, kinda think if his goal is to add velocity it will be there.

Seems like he should probably be owned in 200 prospects owned leagues, maybe 250. More reason to pounce in points leagues.

• Thanks 2

Kid is going to move up a lot of lists

6 no hit innings today 7 ks probable pitcher of the year at that level

Seems like velocity might be the only thing from keeping him from being a great prospect, I know he's been working on it. 

send him to driveline in the offseason, get the velocity up 2 ticks, and he suddenly becomes a top 20 prospect.

How is it possible that a system that graduates Chris Paddack and Fernando Tatis is actually STRONGER than it was at the beginning of the season???  

Preller is a Golden god. 

Posted (edited)

yah hes still only 19, and seems like he already knows how to pitch, I get him on a strict workout program and like you suggest driveline, and go from there, if he can get to 94, that would put him in elite lefty status, as of today hes more or less Lucchessi, Allen, I would say Lauer, but I have seen him touching 95-96 lately

Edited by Golden Spikes