Mikhov

Brandon Clarke 2019-2020 Outlook

On 1/30/2020 at 9:46 AM, kmoore1521 said:

Jae Crowder is such a turd, if he would stop being such a douche stat chasing, he literally took several rebounds away from clarke that wouldve made his line look much better, add in the last second steal and 3 and man, who could like that guy 

Crowder gone, lets get it

Image result for big truss.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kmoore1521 said:

Crowder gone, lets get it

Image result for big truss.gif

So is Solomon Hill. I'm hyped. 38 mins. SZN

So with the Heat trade and now a trebuchet anchoring itself in Memphis, is Clarke in fantasy limbo again, only with a different surrounding cast?

Ugh.  Now the Griz go from having just a 3 man rotation with JJJ, JVal and Clarke to having Dieng and Bell in the mix, who are both capable when they have minutes.

They should've improved their SF position instead.

Eh, he still produces in limited minutes.  I just don't get why the Griz want to bolster their frontcourt so much.  It's not like Clarke can play SF.  And even if Bell/Dieng don't get too many minutes, they'll still take 10-15 minutes combined, which is killer to Clarke who was getting so few to begin with.

I'm holding, but I really don't like it.

Aghhh this is annoying. I may cut bait and grab Napier. Just snagged Richaun randomly last week so he can fill the Clarke void for me

Im in a 10 team league I might drop but Im definitely holding for another week or 2 just to see how this goes. This sucks.

I believe Clark still retains current value, and I also think he is a better player than Bell/Dieng. Clark is still part of their future and they will develop him.

It guess it comes down to your roster outlook and who is available on your waiver.

• Like 1

Nah cmon they just got rid of Crowder and Hill, they wont do that just to play Dieng and/or Bell over Clarke. I don't believe Clarke will regress, if anything he retains value, if not more. It just looks grim right now but not for long.

• Like 1

Surely they won't let these 2 scrubs cut into Clarke's PT. Hopefully he still gets his dose of 25 mpg. Even if he doesn't get fully unleashed, he's a top 60 guy.

JV pops up on the injury report now and again too, maybe he sits at some point...

• Like 1

Grizzlies have gone on this winning run with Clarke playing well in 25 minutes a game. Not sure why anyone would assume the Grizzlies would mess with those results and a young stud’s playing time in favor of 2 career journeyman backup types. I’m optimistic 25 minutes will be his floor from here on out. 

Edited by Purple Hippo
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Purple Hippo said:

Grizzlies have gone on this winning run with Clarke playing well in 25 minutes a game. Not sure why anyone would assume the Grizzlies would mess with those results and a young stud’s playing time in favor of 2 career journeyman backup types. I’m optimistic 25 minutes will be his floor from here on out. 

Yeah, when the trade was first announced. I assumed those two other guys be keeping the end corner of the bench warm lol. Didn’t really worry me, then I started reading on here and see all the panic lol. Made me a bit nervous now, but damn I needed to see your post here again lol

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, brickcitymamba said:

Starting to look like missing out on Chriss and Wood because of holding this lad wasn't such a bright idea.

I would've stashed Wood over Clarke the moment the Grizz had the 8th seed and heard rumblings of a Drummond trade (I started stashing when B.Griffin was starting to have issues with his knee) But yeah man, Clarke's numbers would pale in comparison to Wood's right now. The thing I see with Clarke on this game vs the Wiz is that he's getting his attempts, he's just not making a lot of them (as we're used to) but he has proven he can sustain good % all season. 

Also the important thing is he's getting his run, his stocks have started to show up recently too. I am not all that worried about his production especially since the Grizz traded Crowder and Hill. Yes, they did get guys like Dieng and Winslow but Dieng aint playing? Definitely hasn't checked in on the game today and no reason he should get significant run. Winslow's back has been broken all season. I'm not worried.

But again, if we're comparing this guy to Wood, RIP bro. 

• Like 1

21min 4-10FGM 1-1 3PM 0-2FTs

9pts 6 reb

If he made 1 or 2 more shots and made his FTs then the line wouldn't have been so bad. 

7 minutes ago, Obliviate said:

I'll avoid derailing the thread with my own laments and musings, but one thing a good fantasy player has - that I often lack - is the right sense of when to be conservative and when to do radical moves, hasty decisive drops and adds.

Still confuses and worries me that the Griz did trade for two more bigs when they still have Clarke/JVal/JJJ, and instead of improving their most glaring problem (SF), they traded away depth and their starter there.

However, tonight's line wasn't too bad.  Efficiency sorta sucks, but as long as Clarke hits about 20-25 minutes, he's usually efficient enough to warrant ownership in cat leagues.  Only time will tell once Dieng and Bell start playing, on the other hand.  I agree though; why mess with a hyper-efficient, athletic big who's helping to win games during a potential playoff run.

• Like 1

Can this dude not play SF? He is listed at 6'8. Would love to see what he could do alongside JJJ and JV 

• Like 1