Mikhov

Brandon Clarke 2019-2020 Outlook

Great stat line tonight ... anyone watch the game? Curious how he looked. 

Have yourself a night young man. My goodness. 

His teammates were definitely looking for him near the rim and he cleaned up a few loose balls around the paint as well. Some of his finishes look awkward but it shows hes athletic and can adjust when necessary. Seems to be good at rim running and cutting, didnt see much of his jumper on display though. 

But wow, the Grizzlies are such a fun young team to watch.

• Like 3

Simply the one of the most efficient players in the league...as a rookie.  FG/FT/3/TS all bananas...in fact historic.  He's in for a nice career.  

2 hours ago, hipriest69 said:

Simply the one of the most efficient players in the league...as a rookie.  FG/FT/3/TS all bananas...in fact historic.  He's in for a nice career.  

john collins 2.0

• Like 2

4 hours ago, StephonMarburysVaseline said:

Him and PJ Washington are like the same story fantasy wise. Top 100 hype as rookies with their owners insisting on holding. But a lot of duds with just some gems here and there.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

33 minutes and a very nice line last night

Edited by sld12

2 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Could be in store for a massive finish if JJJ’s injury is bad 

Yep... Early round stuff

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dominator83 said:

Nobody's talking about this guy? JJJ out 2 weeks minimum. I presume Clarke has a real chance to feast here

He's owned in most standard leagues probably.

7 hours ago, Dominator83 said:

Nobody's talking about this guy? JJJ out 2 weeks minimum. I presume Clarke has a real chance to feast here

He should feast, it'll be interesting to see what his number will look like if he cracks 30+ minutes now. I'm excited. 

• Like 1

On 7/16/2019 at 9:29 AM, hipriest69 said:

Clarke is interesting.  I just took him in the 8th round in 12 team roto dynasty startup.  

I'm assuming most rookies don't play or ever pan out because, although talented, there's still number of factors, including their mental / BBIQ is still low, they get torched on defense and give up easy buckets, turn the ball over or don't make the right read on offense, basically they're a net negative.  Most need time to adjust to the strength and speed of the NBA.

One of Clarke's biggest strengths, is his mental makeup / BBIQ, combined with elite 99th percentile athleticism.  If you watch Summer League one of the things that makes him so good is his ability to make the right reads and rotations on defense, and put himself into position to challenge a lot of shot without fouling.  His plus / minus was absolutely insane.  Without him on the floor his team tanked.  He had a PER of over 34! Just his pure presence on the floor makes the team better.  That alone will earn him minutes.  Sure he will need time to adjust and improve, but I kind of see him as an impact plug and play from day 1.  

Offensively he's better than advertised.  The 3 ball is there, which opens up his first step blow by.  The pick and roll game, etc, all good.  Elite touch.  Elite finisher.  Has a shot to be in the 65% FG range and be an elite FG booster.  More blocks than missed shots in college.

Although its crowded in Memphis, I could see him carving out at least 20 a night to start, and pushing up closer to 28-30 by end of year.  I could see something along the lines of 

10 and 8 with close to a steal and 1.5-2 blocks, 0.5 threes, on elite FG and FT in the 70's.  

Fully unleashed prime Clarke could be 18-22 points 10 rebounds 2 assists 1.5 steals 2.5 blocks 1 three on good % and low TO.  

Well, not a bad prediction...probably too high on the blocks tho...

7 minutes ago, Fantasyscrub said:

35-20-5-2-2 on 70/80 the rest of the way?

36-21-9-8-7*

Averaging the trip dub would just be pushinit...

Edited by dfstout

Haha, this guy. I can't even. He has sat out or quickly exited every game this season where one of JV or JJJ has been missing from, right?

Edited by brickcitymamba
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yo dont f*** with me. I had a Lowry for Devonte and Clarke offer that I turned down because I thought he was gonna pop off. From the same guy that sold me ben simmons last week too. Donnnnnnnnt do this, man.