Mikhov

Brandon Clarke 2019-2020 Outlook

Damn I’m really fighting for a bye right now. Just be healthy for that juicy fantasy playoff schedule please and thank you. 

I know they said it was a hip last night, and now they're saying quad. I wonder if the hip has anything to do with it. It'd worry me a bit more if the hip is a problem since he's had this recurring hip issue all season.

If this was the playoffs I'd cut him for Dieng, but I'm hoping it's a minor injury and that he's able to come back soon. I could be wrong, but the team ruling him out for just Wednesday so far leads me to believe that he's day to day, or else they would've said he'd be re-evaluated at a later time (1-2 weeks) already. 

• Like 1

Yeah I dropped. Had a Lowry for Graham and Clarke offer on the table that I really really regret turning down. C'est la vie 

• Haha 1

Oof. Re-evaluated in two weeks. I dropped for Dieng. Cant take the risk in a league with no IR and KAT out as well. If hes back in time for playoffs I'll probably try and add again 

Roto clowns at it again. They kept sucking this guy off as early round value and only early return he gave us was a 4 minute dud 

1 minute ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Roto clowns at it again. They kept sucking this guy off as early round value and only early return he gave us was a 4 minute dud 

I mean Rotoworld had no hand in Clarke getting injured. I'm sure if he played over 30 minutes a game, he would have a decent chance at early round value. Sucks for Clarke owners, but who could've known?

9 minutes ago, yung_fetty said:

I mean Rotoworld had no hand in Clarke getting injured. I'm sure if he played over 30 minutes a game, he would have a decent chance at early round value. Sucks for Clarke owners, but who could've known?

He’s been bad in starts lol that’s why I’m questioning them. Injuries are unlucky no doubt 

1 hour ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Him , Melton , DiVincenzo. And up until recently Nerlens Noel . Been sucked up left and right this season. None have panned out so far . And your’e right the few starts Clarke did get, if I remember correctly ... he didn’t blow anyone away. 

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DonutGiveUp said:

He’s been bad in starts lol that’s why I’m questioning them. Injuries are unlucky no doubt 

Prior to this game he had started twice. One (his 6th career game) he played 20 min and racked up 4 blocks but not much else and the other he played 10 min and got injured. I feel like that’s too Little a sample size to judge Clarkes starting ability or rip into the rotoworld best writers. You really want them to start speculating and say, don’t pick him up when he has the opportunity to start and get 30+ min a game cause he seems to have a 2 game history of playing like poo or getting injured? 

Edited by rfhamilton
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, rfhamilton said:

Prior to this game he had started twice. One (his 6th career game) he played 20 min and racked up 4 blocks but not much else and the other he played 10 min and got injured. I feel like that’s too Little a sample size to judge Clarkes starting ability or rip into the rotoworld best writers. You really want them to start speculating and say, don’t pick him up when he has the opportunity to start and get 30+ min a game cause he seems to have a 2 game history of playing like poo or getting injured? 

Theres no such thing as  'Rotoworld Best writers' . All are bad 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Roto writers are just guys who have played fantasy a while and have enough time to throw out contextual metrics to fit their subjective agendas.

I don't consider them experts at all, except that at least they allocate information and syndicate blurbs to provide news on players, and they're occasionally right about stuff.  

As for Clarke ... Eh, I think I'm happier just streaming a guy like T Ross and letting Simmons use my IL instead.  I've got far too many injuries to hold Clarke, and while he might return, he's basically getting evaluated in 2 weeks, just like JJJ (except likely after him), and it's not certain he'll be ready to play by then either.  

This was a golden opportunity squandered, unfortunately.  It was a run-don't-walk moment for Dieng though, so kudos to whoever grabbed him.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have an IL, I just traded for Clarke as part of a deal and I still dropped him for Kennard for instance...if you have an IL pop him in there if there's no one else...he's a nice player but not a must hold.

5 hours ago, brickcitymamba said:

No point in holding onto this dude now, right? To think that I threw out the out-until-JJJ-returns thing in jest, smh.

Edited by dfstout
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, atlantadynasty said:

EVERY EFFING TIME he has a chance to start, for some effing reason he gets injured. so pissed

Pick up Dieng then u don't have to worry

1 hour ago, DezedandConfused said:

Pick up Dieng then u don't have to worry

that’s not an option in most competitive leagues. But “cool” point you made here

7 minutes ago, Ray Barboni said:

that’s not an option in most competitive leagues. But “cool” point you made here

Again adding no value, if it helps even 1 person it is what it is. Thank you for your input HOF

56 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Again adding no value, if it helps even 1 person it is what it is. Thank you for your input HOF

thanks for visiting ... I appreciate all of my fans. 

to keep this thread on track? I’m ready to drop - it’s a shame the opportunity opened up for him and he immediately got hurt. This close to the fantasy playoffs though? Struggling teams need to move on. 

id say that you could keep him if you have an IL spot ... but this year has been horrible with injuries, so I’m assuming most have better players that should take up that IL.

great potential. Super dynasty stash, but redraft, with a loaded IL? Yea .. he’s a drop.

21 hours ago, RunCMC said:

Theres no such thing as  'Rotoworld Best writers' . All are bad 

Meant to write beat writers lol 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, rfhamilton said:

Meant to write beat writers lol 

Lmao , well played Hamilton , well played 

• Haha 1

Is he even worth a hold if fantasy playoffs start in 2 weeks? I'm comfortably in first so I don't mind holding but wasn't his real value tied to Memphis being out of they playoff picture and them letting the young kids play? Now they may be out of the picture in 2 weeks but have no incentive to let him play if he's banged up, right?