Mikhov

Brandon Clarke 2019-2020 Outlook

11 minutes ago, t0087669 said:

Is it the end? Can he still get like 25 minutes a night?

Well, he just got 19 minutes in a game they lost by 30, so I doubt it lol

Sucks too, he looks like a promising young player. Will never get why teams like the Grizz want to run big slugs like Jonas with a PG like Morant. You would think it would be logical to play the young guys more than 19 minutes to figure out what you have and to let them get better. 

45 minutes ago, MidnightExpress said:

Well, he just got 19 minutes in a game they lost by 30, so I doubt it lol

Sucks too, he looks like a promising young player. Will never get why teams like the Grizz want to run big slugs like Jonas with a PG like Morant. You would think it would be logical to play the young guys more than 19 minutes to figure out what you have and to let them get better. 

So that they can showcase Jonas and ship him away?

10 minutes ago, Extra_Rice said:

but they did sign JVal for big contract, I guess Clarke is a good stash for post-ASB when Memphis is out of the playoffs run

43 minutes ago, Extra_Rice said:

He’s a vet. The league knows what they’re getting.

Clarke: Plays well in limited minutes to start the game.

Coach: Ehhh, instead of letting our valuable rookie play some garbage time down by 20 in the fourth quarter against the Lakers' reserves, I think I wanna see how Solomon Hill plays.  I mean, he's always overpaid and he's a vet ... he must be good!  Oh, and instead of building up players who actually have value, let's give minutes to 13-man rotation with a bunch of scrubs!  That's what a rebuilding team should do!

Seriously though, I feel like if Clarke didn't get just 4 minutes or so in the fourth quarter and also wasn't playing next to some guy named Guduric and the tripping guy Grayson Allen, who combined for 4/19 shots and had more TOs than assists, he'd actually be able to do well. Damn, if only the Griz had a halfway decent backup PG (or played Tyus more).  I'm hoping that Clarke's foul trouble was the reason why he played so few minutes.

1 hour ago, Extra_Rice said:

They not only traded to get him, but also re-signed him to a 3 year 45M contract.
It seems unlikely they did all that with the intention of shipping him off this year.

Guys, relax, Clarke was dealing with back soreness or some sort a couple of days ago. He’s probably getting rested for the obvious reasons. 

I have Powell returning, but even then, I’m not too worried about Clarke’s situation, he’ll get his 28-30 minutes. Strong stash and don’t let go. Would you rather see this kid beating you down the line?

31 minutes ago, MysticPeak said:

Guys, relax, Clarke was dealing with back soreness or some sort a couple of days ago. He’s probably getting rested for the obvious reasons. 

I have Powell returning, but even then, I’m not too worried about Clarke’s situation, he’ll get his 28-30 minutes. Strong stash and don’t let go. Would you rather see this kid beating you down the line?

Ehh I think I'm gonna have to drop. I'm in points leagues though that are also redraft leagues. He's a much better long term Keeper or dynasty league guy 

Most of you probably have dropped him already, but to those who owns/watches him, is he a great rebounder? Does he chase or long for it? Because I badly need rebs and I'm starting to look elsewhere (though he's on the end of my bench).

Edited by MysticPeak

8 minutes ago, t0087669 said:

Does he play center at all? Hope they add C position now I’ve lost Collin

He does. See my link above, you can upvote the request for C eligibility on Yahoo.

JJJ banged up, you know what it means.....DRACARYS!!!

Got JJJ last year and it was annoying to own him with the foul trouble. So most likely Clarke will still have value even if Jonas' minutes are no longer limited. Either way, Jonas and JJJ are not really so durable as well.

Clarke seems a double double threat every night same like Bagley after ASB last year

I guess that JJJ thing is nothing because we still haven't heard anything. I worked till late this morning and picked Clarke back up (originally drafted him but dropped a few days ago) before I crashed. Knowing my luck, they would've said JJJ is out a few weeks while I was sleeping. Rather be safe than sorry. Hell, even if he was out 1 week, Clarke would be an elite streamer with 4 games on the schedule. Especially considering that tomorrow they play the very fantasy generous Rockets

• Like 2