Mikhov

Brandon Clarke 2019-2020 Outlook

25 minutes ago, MWon said:

Per his current Roto blurb: "Worth rostering in deeper leagues".

Bruh, if you're in a 14-teamer and he's not picked up, you gotta find a more competitive league.  Heck, I had to burn my waiver to get him in a 12-teamer. Kid's shooting lights out, and if he can actually make treys and stay healthy, I'm gonna hold on for dear life.  He'll be a monster later in the season.

lol.. he’s a top 50 ranked player in limited minutes, that kind of floor and upside is not allowed to sit on the wire in almost any league arguably even in 10 teamers.

• Like 1

Don't understand how this guy isn't getting at least 25 mins. He could play both C and PF. Val isn't playing that much #freeclarke

Eh, I'd be fine with 25 minutes.  It'd be the sweet spot for him, since the Griz don't wanna overtax the rook in a long season, or have him suffer an injury (since he's already suffering from back spasms early on).  He's producing in about 20 mpg, so an extra 5 min would boost his numbers to a must-own status.  I'm also glad he comes off the bench.  He can stagger with JVal and JJJ (he plays with each of them too), and dominates weaker opposing benches.

• Like 4

Seriously though. Where do they get these coaches? Why would he play Solomon hill, Marko whats his name and Crowder over him? They are tanking right? Fmh

• Like 2

Dont worry guys, Crowders only getting 30+ minutes tonight because he's on fire (3pts/3reb/1ast)

This stat keeping is INFURIATING.. what the hell is going on?

I know it's delayed behind the game, but Clarke has stolen the ball, hit a 3, and he's not getting credited. Early in the 3rd a Charlotte player had the ball slip out of their hands, Clarke picked it up and went the other way.. they counted it as a steal on Yahoo! and then took it away.

With about 5 min left in the 4th he hit a near corner three, they didn't count it yet..maybe his foot was on the line but it certainly didn't look like it. 

edit: sweet they just counted the 3

Edited by Lifschitz

Just gotta just stick it out through the next month or two until they unleash him with the minutes when they enter full tank mode.  It's going to be glorious.  And in the meantime, I'm just pretending he's injured while still magically helping my efficiency stats out while he's on IR.

• Haha 1

I wonder if he'll have to match up against Gobert to any extent? Or will he just more likely be out there in the battle of the second units?

On 11/14/2019 at 11:23 AM, BrowKnees said:

This dudes been crazy efficient but only 1 block in the last 5 games 😤

I've been watching the games, he's such a high flyer non-stop infectious energy on both ends. It'll come soon, he's still attempting a lot of highlight reel blocks and contesting, but it's just going slightly over the tips of his fingers.

He's a guy who can rack up 4-5 in a game, so it's not really a concern. He's ultra talented as a tweener big for today's NBA. I love that his 3's are on the uptick as well, very nice form on his jumpers.

• Like 1

What a joke, under 8 minutes at the half for no reason, this guy has been one of their best per minute players, f--- off jenkins. Kyle Anderson needs his 11 minutes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Worst feeling when you have the foresight to draft a good player for cheap and they play well only to be ruined by the coach

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, iowncrazyhair said:

wow already a blowout at halftime, need that garbage time production pls :( 

Nah. It's a blowout? Time to develop Solomon Hill. 

Let’s hope he closes out the game during garbage time. I need them blocks boy!

Lol...

he just put up 7/7 and 2 threes with 4 boards in like 10 minutes in the second half..this guy is a stat magnet. 

Kyle Anderson though right Jenkins

Edited by Lifschitz
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, no blocks but that FG boost put me over the top!

2 hours ago, Lifschitz said:

Lol...

he just put up 7/7 and 2 threes with 4 boards in like 10 minutes in the second half..this guy is a stat magnet. 

Kyle Anderson though right Jenkins

Is he a hold in 10 team leagues ? I love his game , but the limited minutes are starting to annoy me. Worst part is I also have JVal on my team. His shooting %’s are amazing but he doesnt attempt too many FG’s and very little if any FT . Also avging about 0.5 3pm , 0.6 Stl , 1.3 Blk & 1 Asst per game . Which is decent I guess 

5 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Is he a hold in 10 team leagues ? I love his game , but the limited minutes are starting to annoy me. Worst part is I also have JVal on my team. His shooting %’s are amazing but he doesnt attempt too many FG’s and very little if any FT . Also avging about 0.5 3pm , 0.6 Stl , 1.3 Blk & 1 Asst per game . Which is decent I guess 

I think he's a hold based on his rank and per minute floor. 

In 21 min he's at 1.3 blocks, .6 steals, .5 threes, also note that he has 6 3's in the last 5 games (and attempts are regulating on a per game basis). He's also shooting 43% on 3's. You don't let that kind of upside sit on the wire, it puts him at 19.5 / 10 / 1.7 / 1.3 / 2.7 on 61% / 91% and 1.2 threes per 36. These are unbelievable numbers. All we need is for him to average another 4-5 minutes per game and that alone helps him a ton because of how productive he is per-minute.

This team isn't going anywhere, 3 wins aren't going to change that. I predict a few more losses and by mid December they'll start to trend his minutes upward toward that 25-27 mark backing up two spots. 

He's been holding top 50 rank all year. He's been helping my FG% on both teams a ton, despite having high volume inefficient guards (Graham in one league, Jrue in another). 

• Thanks 1