Mikhov

Brandon Clarke 2019-2020 Outlook

He should have had 4 stocks tonight btw. Just gotta wait for stat correction, I guess.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, MysticPeak said:

He should have had 4 stocks tonight btw. Just gotta wait for stat correction, I guess.

Hope it's not one of those "Oh, after the week's over, here's some things we missed" from Yahoo.

I've had 2 games THIS SEASON where I've went 4-5 because some stupid scorekeeper didn't correctly attribute a bucket and Yahoo only corrected it AFTER the matchup was over.

53 minutes ago, MWon said:

Hope it's not one of those "Oh, after the week's over, here's some things we missed" from Yahoo.

I've had 2 games THIS SEASON where I've went 4-5 because some stupid scorekeeper didn't correctly attribute a bucket and Yahoo only corrected it AFTER the matchup was over.

In cases such as those, do the wins and losses get updated? 

41 minutes ago, cbsholy said:

In cases such as those, do the wins and losses get updated? 

To my knowledge, no.  It was SUPER frustrating when it's PO time and you get screwed.

Last year, in a money league, I was fighting in the semi-finals and Markieff Morris clearly got a rebound, which wasn't recorded, and I assumed they'd update it later that day.  They ended up never counting it, and I eventually lost ... TIED 6-6 (this one was a 12-cat), with one of the ties being rebounds.  I ended up losing the actual matchup since the tiebreaker was wins against opponent in the regular season.  And yeah, to add insult to injury, they eventually corrected it after the week ended and the guy managed to win the championship and a good deal of money all thanks to Yahoo not recording that rebound.

ANYWAY, cool story.  But back to Clarke, he actually got 4 stocks today?

He’s a hold for me, mostly because of second half breakout potential should he be unleashed.

Plus he’s already valuable with the elite efficiency & stock potential in limited minutes. Don’t forget MEM outstanding playoff schedule. 

Edited by gmoneyb

Why would anyone drop him or even contemplate it? He’s a walking 1/1/1 threat with efficiency any night out, rank friendly, and doing it in just 20 to 25. 

Wait until they realize Val isn’t that good the way the Raps did, and he’s going to be a 28 to 30 plus gem the rest of the way. 

He would've been great for me last season but I'm gonna bench him until he produces more counting stats. Hopefully he turns it up in rebs and stocks soon.

How kind of him to s--- the bed when I finally start him in light of an opportune moment with Jonas out. Thanks, Brendan
(lowest minutes out of all starters isn't helping either)

Edited by brickcitymamba

The ultimate tease. Plays well and reliably almost always in limited minutes, but if he gets the chance for extra, he either does nothing, still doesn't get those minutes or gets injured/aggravates an injury.

This was just a game he really shouldn't have played in at all because he was injured (in fact, I'd even say that it's nice to see that he had the toughness to try playing through it at all).  And it's not like he misses games constantly -- I think he's only missed 1 other game this season?

I don't know what you guys are expecting, he's a rookie that's played absolutely amazing and super consistently so far this season.  I'd actually say the only other rookie remotely close to being worthy of being Fantasy Rookie of the year thus far is Morant.  Give him a break for getting injured and basically having a non-factor game because of it.

7 minutes ago, sld12 said:

This was just a game he really shouldn't have played in at all because he was injured (in fact, I'd even say that it's nice to see that he had the toughness to try playing through it at all).  And it's not like he misses games constantly -- I think he's only missed 1 other game this season?

I don't know what you guys are expecting, he's a rookie that's played absolutely amazing and super consistently so far this season.  I'd actually say the only other rookie remotely close to being worthy of being Fantasy Rookie of the year thus far is Morant.  Give him a break for getting injured and basically having a non-factor game because of it.

I think they are just venting. :) We are being teased of what could happen and then he throws this dud.

High floor-high ceiling and we just cannot wait until he is fully unleashed. It may not be this year though, but I will take the high floor.

Edited by SolariNatividad

31 minutes ago, sld12 said:

Give him a break for getting injured and basically having a non-factor game because of it.

Wasn’t upset with him trying to play hurt. Just the situation itself. Always hate to essentially waste a game of no stats due solely to injury that I cannot get back being in Roto.

And it especially stings because he was starting with JV out. Great opportunity for more minutes. Was why I put him in.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Wasn’t upset with him trying to play hurt. Just the situation itself. Always hate to essentially waste a game of no stats due solely to injury that I cannot get back being in Roto.

And it especially stings because he was starting with JV out. Great opportunity for more minutes. Was why I put him in.

Oh ok I gotcha, that makes sense

18 hours ago, brickcitymamba said:

The ultimate tease. Plays well and reliably almost always in limited minutes, but if he gets the chance for extra, he either does nothing, still doesn't get those minutes or gets injured/aggravates an injury.

notcied this lol, was expecting a big game and literally 0/3 killed my FG, woulda won if he sat or just hit 2/3

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

notcied this lol, was expecting a big game and literally 0/3 killed my FG, woulda won if he sat or just hit 2/3

Especially annoying in roto, because I've benched him for most of the time in anticipation of more fuller lines