Mikhov

Brandon Clarke 2019-2020 Outlook

45 minutes ago, SolariNatividad said:

They are going to baby these rookies. :(

apparently so ... 

he’s just a kid. Why is this happening? Still holding of course. But this is weird. 

2 minutes ago, Fantasyscrub said:

week to week, this is ridiculous

wtf is this new "week to week" crap... whats next, month to month ? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SolariNatividad said:

Does anybody know what "week-to-week" means? Is he out this week and the next? Then reevaluated?

I cannot afford to hold any INJ players anymore. :(

It means they re-evaluate him on weekly basis.

I had to drop for Mo Wagner since our league doesn't have an IR spot. Since the Grizzlies are too stingy with their rookies I don't think he will be back this year. Might be by January and if he is still in our wire I will scoop back up.

Finally acquired this fool, but it took him being week to week for his manager to accept an offer. No choice but to put him on IL, but damn I was really excited to get this per minute monster in my lineup. 

I'm probably biased since I've been trying to get him for so long and finally did, but I wouldn't even think about dropping him if you can afford it because that second half breakout is gonna be glorious. 

Well, at least he got the INJ tag quickly.  Fast enough for me to rush and swap him out for Lowry on IL to get an extra game.

Sucks, but with Morant also W2W, it makes sense for the Griz to coddle their rookies, esp with Clarke aggravating an existing injury.

I'm gonna hold.  He's too fun to drop, since he was producing well even in limited minutes.

Week to week - is this a promising statement? I am leaning towards dropping considering I also have Fox in my team with a long term injury.

Even when he returns, he might be load-managed or something.

I’m confused about this week-to-week business for what sounds like such a minor injury. No idea what to do.

I think I’ll write him off for this week and hope he’s back next week. I really can’t see this lasting longer than this unless it turns out to be a legit injury and not just soreness.

Good thing Huerter is on the verge of returning so I’ll just make the switch to IL. Hold if you can guys. He’ll be back soon enough. 

It would seem out of character for the Grizzlies of this season to truly unleash him at some point, going off what we've had thus far. The urge to drop is strong, but that's a first world (shallow league) problem I'm guessing.

3 hours ago, iowncrazyhair said:

Bbm has him coming back in 12 days

Is BBM typically decently accurate on these types of things? 

1 hour ago, cbsholy said:

Is BBM typically decently accurate on these types of things? 

They're decent with sufficient available data. But with more vague situations (like this one), they've been known to be off quite a ways (usually ending up pushing out the return date over and over again)

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

so what are we doing? No IL spot in my league so this week to week....might drop but I really dont want to.

Also in a league with no IL spot and I'm holding...he fits my build perfectly and I'm hoping he isn't out more than 1-2 weeks. It depends on your situation if you can afford to hold or not, for me he was simply helping anchor my FG% with a few boards and stocks, nothing matchup altering unless it was a really close matchup. I think his value lies later in the season anyway, I dont want to risk losing him.

My only worry is that the Grizzlies have been so quick to load manage anyone, even their younger players, and have handled injuries with no transparency recently as well as in the recent past (anyone remember Kyle Anderson last season? They handled that so strangely. It was kinda similar to how the Bengals have handled AJ Green's injury this year in FF, except without any contractual obligations affecting Anderson's situation). For that reason I could see them managing Clarke even when he returns, but my hope is that it would be no different to how they treated him prior to this week-to-week diagnosis, where it was moreso monitoring his status and giving a rest day every few weeks. The Grizzlies really dont benefit from winning games, but do benefit from developing their young players and chemistry among them, so I can see Clarke, Morant, JJJ playing later in the year but being monitored/managed more closely 

Just now, cbsholy said:

Also in a league with no IL spot and I'm holding...he fits my build perfectly and I'm hoping he isn't out more than 1-2 weeks. It depends on your situation if you can afford to hold or not, for me he was simply helping anchor my FG% with a few boards and stocks, nothing matchup altering unless it was a really close matchup. I think his value lies later in the season anyway, I dont want to risk losing him.

My only worry is that the Grizzlies have been so quick to load manage anyone, even their younger players, and have handled injuries with no transparency recently as well as in the recent past (anyone remember Kyle Anderson last season? They handled that so strangely. It was kinda similar to how the Bengals have handled AJ Green's injury this year in FF, except without any contractual obligations affecting Anderson's situation). For that reason I could see them managing Clarke even when he returns, but my hope is that it would be no different to how they treated him prior to this week-to-week diagnosis, where it was moreso monitoring his status and giving a rest day every few weeks. The Grizzlies really dont benefit from winning games, but do benefit from developing their young players and chemistry among them, so I can see Clarke, Morant, JJJ playing later in the year but being monitored/managed more closely 

I just dropped him for Wagner.

You guys are actually planning to hold a rookie on a pretty strict mins restriction that has a week to week injury status? Man, that is some serious patience. If IR slot is empty, sure throw him in and hold him there, but this is not the type of guy you let hurt your team every week by taking a roster spot. He may not return for like 4 weeks or more...week to week usually means a fairly long time. 

30 minutes ago, richg24 said:

You guys are actually planning to hold a rookie on a pretty strict mins restriction that has a week to week injury status? Man, that is some serious patience. If IR slot is empty, sure throw him in and hold him there, but this is not the type of guy you let hurt your team every week by taking a roster spot. He may not return for like 4 weeks or more...week to week usually means a fairly long time. 

This , plus his ceiling currently is very low . End of the season is when he will really shine playing closer to full minutes 

26 minutes ago, richg24 said:

I guess this makes sense for most, but personally Clarke was not winning me any weeks, i'll hold unless theres something more definitive. I'm still refining my team, I dont care about narrowly losing regular season weeks. I view Clarke as someone who fits my build perfectly,  I'll drop Clarke either if/when I know he's out for an extended period longer than 1-2 weeks OR if someone is out there on the wire who's worth snagging. Of course it all depends on your personal situation, but his stats werent deciding any matchups for me anyway, so I'd rather hold until I absolutely have to drop. This could be a mistake, he may be out for a month or longer and then be load managed the rest of the season, but its a risk im willing to take as my eyes are on fielding the perfect team for the playoffs. As it stands now I'm hoping he isnt out longer than a couple weeks, but if any news develops obviously I'm ready to change my stance. I dont see anything on the wire that gets me excited, of course your mileage may vary