Boudewijn

Marquez Valdes-Scantling 2019 Outlook

27 minutes ago, Dark One said:

They also forget that every player/situation is different. Adams not producing when Nelson went down doesn't mean that MVS won't produce with Adams down. It obviously doesn't mean he will produce either, but I wouldn't pass up on trying to add MVS for that reason should Adams need to miss time.

Also... MVS produced last year when players were injured. See the Detroit game. He has already done it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mjb said:

0 separation at all, awful game for him.

There were a few instances where he had excellent separation and Rodgers threw it to him, but the corner on him twice drew blatant pass interference which wasn't called. But overall I agree he didn't play all that well. He's alot better than what she showed last night, of that much I'm certain. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, The Cam's Pyjamas said:

If he can’t produce with Adams out, he’s goneski 

They wont, they desperately need adams so hopefully report is accurate and its not too long.

It sounds like Davante Adams won't play this week. Do we view him as a must-start? I have to imagine he's a good bet to see double digit targets with no Adams.

4 minutes ago, djmax101 said:

It sounds like Davante Adams won't play this week. Do we view him as a must-start? I have to imagine he's a good bet to see double digit targets with no Adams.

I read Dallas has only allowed 2 passing TD’s on the season. Otherwise, targets should be there.

1 minute ago, mjb said:

I read Dallas has only allowed 2 passing TD’s on the season. Otherwise, targets should be there.

That's right, although it's been against some laughable teams (Giants, Redskins, Dolphins, and Brees-less Saints). It's not a desirable opponent by any means, but I don't know that they've really been tested yet by a competent NFL QB.

5 minutes ago, mjb said:

True but looking deeper Dallas has faced the Giants , Redskins, Dolphins, and finally a Drew Brees less Saints. They haven’t faced anything near a Rodgers caliber quarterback . Huuge day incoming for MVS , book it

Edit: lmao djmax I was typing on my cell as you wrote that.

12 minutes ago, djmax101 said:

It sounds like Davante Adams won't play this week. Do we view him as a must-start? I have to imagine he's a good bet to see double digit targets with no Adams

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 1

I'd like to see 10+ targets and 100 yards. Who is the last non-Adams receiver to over 100 from A-a-ron?

1 hour ago, AB84 said:

Must start with Adams out?

It's hard for me to call any player with duds in 3 out of 4 games a must start but if you're struggling with byes or injuries then throw him in, you could definitely do worse.

I can't believe it but I'm considering starting him again.

tenor.gif?itemid=8274637

Edited by jagsfan05
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Tough D, no other weapons, Aaron is in love with throwing to Jimmy Graham.  MVS played poorly last week.  I am holding off.

21 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Tough D, no other weapons, Aaron is in love with throwing to Jimmy Graham.  MVS played poorly last week.  I am holding off.

Obsessed with throwing to Graham? He's got 16 targets through 4 games. That's an average of 4 targets a game. Meanwhile MVS has 28 and Adams has 36. I'm not too concerned about Dallas D. He's Rodgers' #1 this week. I'm all systems go. All signs were pointing towards an Adams game last Thursday and starting MVS was a risk altogether - I was chirping about it all before the game. 

Guaranteed TD this week. I'm expecting a high scoring game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oliminator123 said:

Obsessed with throwing to Graham? He's got 16 targets through 4 games. That's an average of 4 targets a game. Meanwhile MVS has 28 and Adams has 36. I'm not too concerned about Dallas D. He's Rodgers' #1 this week. I'm all systems go. All signs were pointing towards an Adams game last Thursday and starting MVS was a risk altogether - I was chirping about it all before the game. 

Graham got about 16 targets in the Philly game alone.

Target share through first 4 games:

Graham
5, 0, 1, 9 = 15

MVS
6, 5, 10, 7 = 28

Allison
0, 4, 3, 4 = 11

Edited by jagsfan05
  • Like 1

On 10/5/2019 at 11:40 AM, oliminator123 said:

Well this might be the worst call I make all year. I'm bailing on all Packers receivers. 40 TD Rodgers is gone. We've got discount double check, family hating, Danica Patrick Rodgers to look forward to.