Sign in to follow this  
Peyton's Daddy

Bruce Anderson 2019 Outlook

The only RB that Bruce Arians brought in to the Bucs and know one is talking about this guy.  Excellent pass catching ability, good size, and Ronald Jones and Peyton Barber as competition.  Where's the love?

PD

• Thanks 1

Almost afraid to mention him, because at this point there won't even be a sticker up on our auction board with his name on it, but I'm so damn giddy over this kid that I can't keep it to myself, and yes he looks like DJ all over again.

PD

I had noticed that his name had popped up under Yahoo's popular Add & Drop list a week ago. Definitely a name to monitor.

Considering that the two guys in front of him on the depth chart both suck, why not? But then again, I don’t foresee any RB on the Bucs’ roster to do much in terms of fantasy performance to go along with the 3 legitimate pass catching threats they currently have. They’re not going to score 35 points per game, guys.

2 hours ago, Dislimb said:

Considering that the two guys in front of him on the depth chart both suck, why not? But then again, I don’t foresee any RB on the Bucs’ roster to do much in terms of fantasy performance to go along with the 3 legitimate pass catching threats they currently have. They’re not going to score 35 points per game, guys.

Why not?

Mike Evans, oj Howard, Chris Godwin. They get a RB with a pulse and they are a really good offense with a really bad defense.

• Like 1

From watching that video I can say without a doubt that he is a better pass catcher than Barber and Jones put together. He is running WR routes.

I think a major factor for him will be picking up pass blocking assignments.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I think a major factor for him will be picking up pass blocking assignments.

I checked some scouting reports and some say he needs to improve while others say he "shines".

In this case I'm not too worried as it's also mentioned he has vision and prepared well for games. Sounds like perfect material for a coach like Arians.

The only question I have is Arians really going to shove RoJo and Barber aside and go with Anderson from day one? I think Anderson may have a very limited role the first couple games, and could end up on the wire, ready to be picked up when he breaks out.

Much will depend on the first preseason games, I think.

4 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

I checked some scouting reports and some say he needs to improve while others say he "shines".

In this case I'm not too worried as it's also mentioned he has vision and prepared well for games. Sounds like perfect material for a coach like Arians.

The only question I have is Arians really going to shove RoJo and Barber aside and go with Anderson from day one? I think Anderson may have a very limited role the first couple games, and could end up on the wire, ready to be picked up when he breaks out.

Much will depend on the first preseason games, I think.

Well, I think we have all seen enough football to know how this shakes out.

Doubt Anderson starts the season as starter but it looks like he could play special teams so he could make the opening day roster. 

I think Anderson is the kind of guy that starts making some noise around week 6 or week 8, maybe sooner if someone gets injured. RoJo was atrocious at pass protection last year, if he has not gotten better Anderson could pass him because RoJo has stone hands and has since college. Barber is consistent but offers minimal in the receiving game.

This guy is a slow burn but the kind of guy that could start out performing guys in practice but will need some time for the coaches to trust him over the jags in front of him.

Good late round pick if you have some bench spots

If training camp comes and he starts getting rave reviews things could change quickly but for right now he is a nice super deep sleeper who is closer to playing time than most.

• Like 1

Anderson worries me the same way Jacobs worries me. The tape looks great until you see how dominant his O line was on running plays, and his pass catching highlights are made up of big plays resulting from badly busted coverage.  You just can’t see how he performs in tight quarters with small seams and whether he can create anything for himself, or whether he can free himself when he’s blanketed by a LB who can run with him and can handle a pass coverage assignment.

I targeted him late in my dynasty startup (20 man benches) purely as a lotto ticket. IMO the biggest positive is the lack of competition he has in front of him. Most late round rookie runnings backs need an injury or two to get a shot. Anderson could start getting carries just by playing better then Jones and Barber.

Any news here, i drafted him late in a dynasty as well but all I’m seeing is info about RoJo and Barbar

Nobody is talking about him because right now he's a very distant third behind Barber and Jones and may even be behind Andre Ellington for carries.  If he shows very well in preseason, that could change but I think that Barber and Jones are clearly the main guys.

Anyone know if something happen to Anderson not to play in the first preseason game?  I really wanted to see what he has before my drafts.  Want to take him in both of my keepers and to see if he has a chance to take over Jones and Barber.

He did play but late in the fourth quarter. Didn’t watch it myself but he didn’t seem to get many opportunities. He is probably fourth on the depth chart behind Ellington currently.

3 hours ago, sneakerfreak said:

He did play but late in the fourth quarter. Didn’t watch it myself but he didn’t seem to get many opportunities. He is probably fourth on the depth chart behind Ellington currently.

Isn’t he really 5th now? I’m kind of mad at myself as i drafted him in both Dynasty leagues but in the past 2 weeks had some opportunity on the wire for others. Wondering if he’s really still even worth the wild card consideration.

Jones and Barber got the work with the first team offense on the opening drive of the game where they both looked really good (yeah, yeah preseason). 

Arians has said the starting job is between Jones/Barber. 

Ellington has also shown some life in camp. 

The sleeper at RB in Tampa is Dare Ogunbowale. 

Anderson is pretty much an afterthought for now. 

lol, you guys need to quit going bonkers over every name you've never heard of before.  

Not sure if yall are aware... but everyone looks good in highlight videos.  

I think about half of the FCS guys make their own highlight videos too, so there's obviously some pretty biased editing and clip selection that goes into these.

Final thing... In the FCS North Dakota State are men among children.  They are basically Alabama on steroids (with respect to conference they play in).  Don't get too excited about their players.  I don't know what it is (obviously coaching is a major player here), but NDSU has literally 110% demolished every single team in the FCS since I have been alive, that's not an exaggeration.  

Obviously Carson Wentz will really make everyone think that everyone out of FCS, and especially NDSU has a chance to be special, but I can't recall 1 offensive player other than Wentz that has made a name for themselves in the NFL.  

Quit going bananas over every small school name yall here with a cool highlight video.  If no legitimate scouts have bothered scouting them... they probably aren't worth rostering or even talking about, even in yalls dynasty leagues.

6 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

lol, you guys need to quit going bonkers over every name you've never heard of before.  

I think about half of the FCS guys make their own highlight videos too, so there's obviously some pretty biased editing and clip selection that goes into these.

Final thing... In the FCS North Dakota State are men among children.  They are basically Alabama on steroids (with respect to conference they play in).  Don't get too excited about their players.  I don't know what it is (obviously coaching is a major player here), but NDSU has literally 110% demolished every single team in the FCS since I have been alive, that's not an exaggeration.  

Obviously Carson Wentz will really make everyone think that everyone out of FCS, and especially NDSU has a chance to be special, but I can't recall 1 offensive player other than Wentz that has made a name for themselves in the NFL.  

Quit going bananas over every small school name yall here with a cool highlight video.  If no legitimate scouts have bothered scouting them... they probably aren't worth rostering or even talking about, even in yalls dynasty leagues.

Arian Foster and Phillip Lindsay say hello.

It's not about going to NDSU. It's about finding the next UDFA sleeper pick in fantasy

1 hour ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Romo, David Johnson, Flacco, Cooper Kupp, Vincent Jackson, Colston all came from FCS schools. I don't deny that they are more of an exception than they are the rule, but there are definitely some diamonds in the rough that shouldn't be counted out simply from where they played college ball.

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Arian Foster and Phillip Lindsay say hello.

It's not about going to NDSU. It's about finding the next UDFA sleeper pick in fantasy

Such a tired argument. Arian foster and Phillip Lindsay is what? 10 year gap. How many UDFAs have failed completely versus ascended to that level? 

It's probably about a 100:1 ratio. 

Y'all wanna keep wasting your time and getting hyped about these guys or the next UDFA go for it though. Your teams. 

25 minutes ago, Olliemets said:

Romo, David Johnson, Flacco, Cooper Kupp, Vincent Jackson, Colston all came from FCS schools. I don't deny that they are more of an exception than they are the rule, but there are definitely some diamonds in the rough that shouldn't be counted out simply from where they played college ball.

Only Romo was an UDFA. The rest were all highly scouted minus Colston.

I added that caveat. 

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares