jay2491

James White 2019 Outlook

Is he startable?  I feel like this will be a tough game.  Buffalo might even lead it and they’ll have to use their catch up offense. 

Just now, Rickydragon said:

Is he startable?  I feel like this will be a tough game.  Buffalo might even lead it and they’ll have to use their catch up offense. 

I'm starting him.  With Edleman and Burkhead banged up it could be a White day.  I also need to out of necessity with Barkley hurt and feel better about White than Godwin at less than 100%.

In PPR, I don't see how you could ever sit White (outside of last weeks circumstances). There has also been a shift in NE personnel lately that I have not seen talked up much. They lost their stud FB and Sony has been bad, so they have been running a ton of 3WR/1RB sets...those are gonna primarily feature White moving forward.

27 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

I'm starting him.  With Edleman and Burkhead banged up it could be a White day.  I also need to out of necessity with Barkley hurt and feel better about White than Godwin at less than 100%.

Call it intuition, but I feel like this is gonna be a big James White day. Buffalo is stout up front and Michael has looked pedestrian, and their pass D is above average as well. Dump of city to white today

46 minutes ago, babyfaceassasin said:

You start him even when Burkhead is playing 

lol, exactly, with how crappy Sony has been especially, he's the GOATS  favorite.

• Like 1

so guys...with sony finally catching passes are you concerned? I am to be honest.... im luvin the 10 .5ppr points every week but not sure what to think moving forward with the patriots offensive weapons in such a depleted state

1 minute ago, Power-O said:

so guys...with sony finally catching passes are you concerned? I am to be honest.... im luvin the 10 .5ppr points every week but not sure what to think moving forward with the patriots offensive weapons in such a depleted state

I know what to think, GOOD. More passes to James White. Sure, Sony will catch a little more, but depleted pats weapons means more for JW

• Like 1

Just now, Chippa said:

I know what to think, GOOD. More passes to James White. Sure, Sony will catch a little more, but depleted pats weapons means more for JW

it makes sense but this is the patriots lol 2+2=5 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Power-O said:

it makes sense but this is the patriots lol 2+2=5 

eh, sprinkle in some no name every once in a while. James White is the most stable weapon on that roster. Well, really, it's Edleman, but White is more durable

• Like 1

when the pats need plays made and are in close games they throw to white in favorable matchups. better days ahead. still like him as my rb2 in full ppr

How do you all value him in standard? Think he’s a lot more productive in PPR and especially standard without Burkhead in the mix. 

He's an every week guy for me, but I could see a real nice game tonight, G-men can not cover RBs in routes outta the backfield at all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beerfish said:

Anyone rolling him out there tonight? Just a reminder, start him in a RB slot, not flex.

I don't think it matters if you start him at RB or FLEX... 😉

Definitely playing him tonight.  He seems to be an every week play for some, but he should be an obvious play for all for games that Burkhead misses.  He's expected to miss his second straight game tonight.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KilloWertz said:

I don't think it matters if you start him at RB or FLEX... 😉

So you don't burn your flex spot on Thursday is why. Keep it open for any last minute changes for positional flex-ibility.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Windy as F here in Massachusetts, I'm about 30 miles from the stadium.  I think game script will work against White tonight, but the inability to move the ball through the air may lead to increased designed screen passes.  Who knows.  But I'm rolling him out there, he's been a steady 12 pts in PPR each week, and I'd assume the same tonight with maybe an increased chance at a rushing TD.

5 minutes ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

Windy as F here in Massachusetts, I'm about 30 miles from the stadium.  I think game script will work against White tonight, but the inability to move the ball through the air may lead to increased designed screen passes.  Who knows.  But I'm rolling him out there, he's been a steady 12 pts in PPR each week, and I'd assume the same tonight with maybe an increased chance at a rushing TD.

the wind would cause passing game to remain quick/short, which is White's specialty.