Fantasyscrub

Nikola Jokic 2019-2020 Outlook

At his age, through only 12 games, making a conclusion that he is no longer going to return first round value is silly. There will, 9 out of times, be a regression to the mean. 

The team is the same, the coach is the same, and he's still in his prime. There is no other justification for stating he's not going to return his ADP outside of owner frustration. He's a slow starter. His best games came toward the end of December and on last year, If I'm not mistaken. 

10 minutes ago, KingDURANTULA said:

Glad I traded this fatty away for PG last week, no regrets 

Amazing trade for you. PG will almost certainly finish higher than joker 

That Siakam for Jokic offer (I'm the Jokic owner) in a double double/threes league that I scoffed at earlier, is still on the table and looking awfully tasty...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stallion said:

That Siakam for Jokic offer (I'm the Jokic owner) in a double double/threes league that I scoffed at earlier, is still on the table and looking awfully tasty...

I would take that in a heartbeat if it was offered to me and wouldn’t hesitate at all

2 hours ago, IT2 said:

I don't think this is even a buy low anymore. Just by looking at how he plays, i'm convinced this is where his true value will sit for the rest of the season 

lmao yeah he's produced top 10 value in the last 2 seasons and was an MVP candidate last season, but after a dozen games it is reasonable to think, that at 24 years of age, he is now past it and is a bust.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

You guys need to chill out lol. Joker will catch fire (fantasy wise) in December/January/February and this talk will be halted until next year around this same time. Let's look at this logically... Denver is playing winning basketball so it's not necessary for him to be taking a ton of shots if they are winning a bunch of games. Especially with Jokic's skillset where he can get others involved/let others have the shine. This is just who he is! 

14 minutes ago, JStyles said:

lmao yeah he's produced top 10 value in the last 2 seasons and was an MVP candidate last season, but after a dozen games it is reasonable to think, that at 24 years of age, he is now past it and is a bust.

Lol i'm not denying his talent or saying he is a bust. It's the fact that most of us drafted him to be a top 6 player and i don't see him hitting this unless Denver changes the way they are playing (which they wont). At best he will be a top 15 pick. 

20 minutes ago, JStyles said:

These posts are hilarious. I'm going back and forth between Anthony Davis' and this thread and literally suffocating from laughing so much. What a gd abdominal workout. 

November of last year: 

13.9 ppg / 9 boards / 7 assists / 1.3 steals / .5 blocks / .9 3's and 2.9 TOs on 43% FG (12.2 attempts) and 79.5% FT in 15 games

December of last year:

20.9 ppg / 9 / 7 / 1.8 steals / .4 blocks / .8 3's and 3.7 TOs on 52% FG and 86.4% FT

November of this year:

18.8 ppg / 7.3 boards / 5.3 assists / 1.2 steals / .7 blocks / 1.7 3's and 1.3 TO on 43% FG (18.8 attempts!) and 68.4% FT in 6 games

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

He looks ridiculously out of shape. He looked like that last year too and worked himself into shape. One of these years he's gonna injure himself playing like this. 

5 minutes ago, Rproflmao said:

to you owners, what value would you be an enticing trade for you to deal jokic?

Lillard, Trae Young, Embiid, Doncic...

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Tonimn said:

There's no way in hell any owner would give up any of those guys for Jokic lol. Each of those players are playing at least 2-3 rounds over Jokic

• Haha 1

Just now, Tonimn said:

4 minutes ago, fabrar said:

There's no way in hell any owner would give up any of those guys for Jokic lol. Each of those players are playing at least 2-3 rounds over Jokic

was gonna say the same thing... was tempted to offer tatum and house jr. but if owner wants that type of player for jokic's current production, might not even consider trading for him

1 hour ago, fabrar said:

I've been desperately trying to trade Embiid for Joker for a couple days now lol. But I am in a points league and the missed games are absolutely killing me so it's a bit different.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

I've been desperately trying to trade Embiid for Joker for a couple days now lol. But I am in a points league and the missed games are absolutely killing me so it's a bit different.

LOL put a swap with my joker for kat ... been on the trade for days I hope he's contemplating and not just leaving me hanging 🤣

Just now, Monkeyking69 said:

LOL put a swap with my joker for kat ... been on the trade for days I hope he's contemplating and not just leaving me hanging 🤣

Yeahhh don't think that's really realistic at all. I don't know why anyone would trade KAT for Jokic

1 minute ago, stay_woke said:

Yeahhh don't think that's really realistic at all. I don't know why anyone would trade KAT for Jokic

Why would anyone trade any other first round pick for Jokic? He's ranked 37, 38 and 41 on yahoo, Hashtag and BBM respectively.

patience will pay off. still hurts with these lines and im still not a fan of him or his stat line (got suckered in to best available at 6. almost fell for it twice thank God I took lbj 2nd time)

still zero chance I would trade him for pg. kawhi, embid, or any other inj prone load management player.

Edited by colepenhagen

I did a big trade in a points league for him. Gave up Jrue, Rui, Porzingis and Zeller and got Jokic, Valanciunas, Dragic and Barton.

I think I'll end up way ahead if/when Jokic returns to form and Valanciunas gets a few more minutes.