Fantasyscrub

Nikola Jokic 2019-2020 Outlook

probably late 2nd rounder next season. very strange to somehow regress during these prime years. guess he is not putting the gym work in and doesn't take care of his body, shame because that could cost him 100s of millions in the longrun of his career. 

20 minutes ago, the1gq2nvy said:

someone offered me jokic for my bam+Gharris in one pro league...i had to pull the trigger and run...looks like its ultimate buy low right now. I think he will turn it around. He is notorious for slow starts and round to form as season progress.

He is a round form right now. That's the biggest difference

• Haha 4

I really thought the FIBA World Cup would eliminate his signature slow start but it looked like he somehow got fatter between the WC and the start of the NBA season. 

He's been on my team for 3 years now in a keeper league so I'm just going to ride it out and hope the triple doubles come sooner than later

That must be the issue, he's having coca cola withdrawals, get this man his coke so he can be a stud again lol. On a side note his value is so low right now some dude offered me alec burks, fultz and deandre jordan and thought it was very fair. 

• Haha 1

I have the feeling he's gonna do a Kanter one of these days and misses a game because of cheeseburgers or something

25 minutes ago, m1dday said:

I have the feeling he's gonna do a Kanter one of these days and misses a game because of cheeseburgers or something

Kanter isn't a fat boy at heart. He can't handle all those burgers at once.

Jokic, though? He was built for this life. He's been preparing for that type of abuse to his body since he was a child with all those cokes.

• Haha 4

On 12/1/2019 at 7:41 AM, RLDN106 said:

I still believe strongly in Jokic and his ability to bounce back from the slow start and am looking to buy in my leagues. 

Would a Jokic owner take Jrue Holiday? Trying to gauge his trade value.

I'd easily rather have holiday than jokic. 

An interesting observation - on average, his November 2018 and November 2019 stats are almost very similar, with the largest difference being in assists while the rest are relatively close. Let's hope he turns it around soon and goes on a tear for the rest of the season just like last year.

16 hours ago, johnval1362 said:

I'd easily rather have holiday than jokic. 

Do you own Jokic?

I get the feeling owners would be miffed if someone offered them a lesser player — think 2nd round ADP — for their Jokic.

I got shot down quickly making such an offer.

Why did I draft this bag of milk? Should’ve taken Lebron in the 1st round. 🤦🏽‍♂️

Edited by NoahsArc
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, NoahsArc said:

Why did I draft this bag of milk? Should’ve taken Lebron in the 1st round. 🤦🏽‍♂️

We were worried about LBJ resting games. Jokic is resting out there when he plays.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

We were worried about LBJ resting games. Jokic is resting out there when he plays.

Tbh, I’m not that worried. Fantasy is a marathon not a sprint. LBJ will rest games down the stretch and Jokic will improve as the season goes on like he always does. Just feeling buyer’s remorse rn.

5 minutes ago, kilslo said:

According to Malone he’s dealing w issues of a personal nature 

Where did he say that?

2 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

Where did he say that?

He said it after a post game interview when he was asked about what’s wrong w him two weeks ago 

I wish I had saved the tweet but I didn’t think nothing of it bc I figured he would snap out of it but now I’m starting to think back to that comment 

Could have something to do w his brother beating up that woman (pure speculation on my part)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kilslo said:

According to Malone he’s dealing w issues of a personal nature 

I hope he's not dealing with depression... It's awful and can suck the life out of you, and ruin you physically. It's treated a bit flippantly, but it's some real serious mental illness. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

I hope he's not dealing with depression... It's awful and can suck the life out of you, and ruin you physically. It's treated a bit flippantly, but it's some real serious mental illness. 

Yeh that can be crippling 

It would explain why he came into the season built like the plumber that passed out on the episode of Martin

I’m not in any rush to trade him at such a lower value but we’re 25% into the season and I’m definitely concerned he won’t meet expectations 

1 minute ago, kilslo said:

Yeh that can be crippling 

It would explain why he came into the season built like the plumber that passed out on the episode of Martin

I’m not in any rush to trade him at such a lower value but we’re 25% into the season and I’m definitely concerned he won’t meet expectations 

I just bought shares

I don't think he'll end up being the top 5 player everyone was expecting coming into the season, but I still think he will return 1st round value. Currently deciding on whether or not I should hop off the train with an offer on the table of my Jokic and Holmes for Siakam, Rubio and Millsap.

14 minutes ago, SeanH said:

I don't think he'll end up being the top 5 player everyone was expecting coming into the season, but I still think he will return 1st round value. Currently deciding on whether or not I should hop off the train with an offer on the table of my Jokic and Holmes for Siakam, Rubio and Millsap.

oh god no.  Siakam has cooled a bit and Rubio and Millsap aren't enough filler.  I'd take Holmes and Millsap out and see if he wants to give you a 2x1.

I'd probably trade Jokic if the right offer came along but the best offer I've gotten so far has been Booker