Fantasyscrub

Nikola Jokic 2019-2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

 

2 minutes ago, Raptorfan said:

Geeze has this big boy ever woken up. 18/9/12/1/1 today on 50% FG and 2/2 from the line. He is NICE. 

 

go read some of the pages from the beginning of the season for a good laugh lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

 

 

go read some of the pages from the beginning of the season for a good laugh lol

 

I just mentioned this to a friend of mine, when I told people buy low December is coming.. the posts were ridiculous. 

If there is almost one thing you can trust in in fantasy 99% is your studs will bounce back. Especially a guy who every year wakes up in December from summer burger eating hibernation.

He has a history of bad November splits and then big time stats in December. This year is no different.

Their offense was suffering, he had a 10% lower usage rate, and they bumped him up and he's initiating the offense again like a guard, and getting way more post touches. In November he was just standing around swinging it and barely getting post touches. His shot attempts are also soaring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

 

 

go read some of the pages from the beginning of the season for a good laugh lol

Any pissed off owner has the right to be angry at their first pick playing like an absolute peasant for the first 25% of the season

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, ROTY said:

Any pissed off owner has the right to be angry at their first pick playing like an absolute peasant for the first 25% of the season

See i 100% agree that you should be annoyed at that, however this is Jokics' 3rd year having a slow start in a row. I mean sure he SHOULDN'T be having a slow start but we draft him knowing that for the first month or 2 he is almost on the verge of dropping then when he kicks into gear he becomes the 1st round stud we all know and love. I am not trying to start fights or anything, but if you dont want the headache for the first bit of the season dont draft him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PaddyAustralia said:

See i 100% agree that you should be annoyed at that, however this is Jokics' 3rd year having a slow start in a row. I mean sure he SHOULDN'T be having a slow start but we draft him knowing that for the first month or 2 he is almost on the verge of dropping then when he kicks into gear he becomes the 1st round stud we all know and love. I am not trying to start fights or anything, but if you dont want the headache for the first bit of the season dont draft him.

I know he has that tendency the last few relevant years but the fact he played in FIBA (basically a pre-pre season) I expected more from him earlier. Why should we assume the last 2 years are a precedent for the rest of his career either? 2 years is a relatively small sample size. It's not crazy to think he could actually hit the ground running.

 

Im not fighting either, it just annoys me how he gets this "pass" like we should all expect a pathetic string of single digit scoring, no stocks games because JOKIC. I'm saying this as one of his biggest admirers too.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ROTY said:

Any pissed off owner has the right to be angry at their first pick playing like an absolute peasant for the first 25% of the season

 

Jokic is actually ranked 20th in yahoo (total stats). How a peasant could be ranked so high even if he played well the last 2 weeks ? He simply was not the black hole everyone criticized...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GrandGourou said:

 

Jokic is actually ranked 20th in yahoo (total stats). How a peasant could be ranked so high even if he played well the last 2 weeks ? He simply was not the black hole everyone criticized...

 

18th on BBM (total value).  If that is his floor I am happy.

Btw,  playing FIBA in the summer does not help your NBA career. Your body needs rest

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

18th on BBM (total value).  If that is his floor I am happy.

Btw,  playing FIBA in the summer does not help your NBA career. Your body needs rest

Thanks doc. So what do you call an 82 game straight season compared to FIBA? He had rest inbetween. Also im not talking abour his value right now, but before he got it together. I promise you it wasnt 18th i  total value. It was somewhere around 60 from memory

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ROTY said:

Thanks doc. So what do you call an 82 game straight season compared to FIBA? He had rest inbetween. Also im not talking abour his value right now, but before he got it together. I promise you it wasnt 18th i  total value. It was somewhere around 60 from memory

he was 44 in total stats/per game avg during his first 13 games. hes played 26

17/9/6 over 1 steal 1 three 47% 76%

 

basically right in line with his season avg.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

he was 44 in total stats/per game avg during his first 13 games. hes played 26

17/9/6 over 1 steal 1 three 47% 76%

 

basically right in line with his season avg.

Thanks for that but that aint top 7 production. If i guessed, the rest of the 1st round and entire 2nd rounders probably crushed that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ROTY said:

Thanks for that but that aint top 7 production.

 

Is that so a peasant one ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GrandGourou said:

 

Is that so a peasant one ? 

Relatively, yes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me likey. He’s been #1 per game this week and pretty much top 10 the entire month since he’s turned it around.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wondering what he has in mind for Christmas dinner. 😂

Edited by Bugs bunny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

Wondering what he has in mind for Christmas dinner. 😂

Not until January 7th

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bugs bunny said:

Wondering what he has in mind for Christmas dinner. 😂

 

A bucket of Extra Crispy from KFC sure do sound good.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.