Fantasyscrub

Nikola Jokic 2019-2020 Outlook

2 minutes ago, Raptorfan said:

Geeze has this big boy ever woken up. 18/9/12/1/1 today on 50% FG and 2/2 from the line. He is NICE. 

go read some of the pages from the beginning of the season for a good laugh lol

16 minutes ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

I just mentioned this to a friend of mine, when I told people buy low December is coming.. the posts were ridiculous. 

If there is almost one thing you can trust in in fantasy 99% is your studs will bounce back. Especially a guy who every year wakes up in December from summer burger eating hibernation.

He has a history of bad November splits and then big time stats in December. This year is no different.

Their offense was suffering, he had a 10% lower usage rate, and they bumped him up and he's initiating the offense again like a guard, and getting way more post touches. In November he was just standing around swinging it and barely getting post touches. His shot attempts are also soaring.

32 minutes ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

Any pissed off owner has the right to be angry at their first pick playing like an absolute peasant for the first 25% of the season

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ROTY said:

Any pissed off owner has the right to be angry at their first pick playing like an absolute peasant for the first 25% of the season

See i 100% agree that you should be annoyed at that, however this is Jokics' 3rd year having a slow start in a row. I mean sure he SHOULDN'T be having a slow start but we draft him knowing that for the first month or 2 he is almost on the verge of dropping then when he kicks into gear he becomes the 1st round stud we all know and love. I am not trying to start fights or anything, but if you dont want the headache for the first bit of the season dont draft him.

2 hours ago, PaddyAustralia said:

See i 100% agree that you should be annoyed at that, however this is Jokics' 3rd year having a slow start in a row. I mean sure he SHOULDN'T be having a slow start but we draft him knowing that for the first month or 2 he is almost on the verge of dropping then when he kicks into gear he becomes the 1st round stud we all know and love. I am not trying to start fights or anything, but if you dont want the headache for the first bit of the season dont draft him.

I know he has that tendency the last few relevant years but the fact he played in FIBA (basically a pre-pre season) I expected more from him earlier. Why should we assume the last 2 years are a precedent for the rest of his career either? 2 years is a relatively small sample size. It's not crazy to think he could actually hit the ground running.

Im not fighting either, it just annoys me how he gets this "pass" like we should all expect a pathetic string of single digit scoring, no stocks games because JOKIC. I'm saying this as one of his biggest admirers too.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ROTY said:

Jokic is actually ranked 20th in yahoo (total stats). How a peasant could be ranked so high even if he played well the last 2 weeks ? He simply was not the black hole everyone criticized...

1 hour ago, GrandGourou said:

Jokic is actually ranked 20th in yahoo (total stats). How a peasant could be ranked so high even if he played well the last 2 weeks ? He simply was not the black hole everyone criticized...

18th on BBM (total value).  If that is his floor I am happy.

Btw,  playing FIBA in the summer does not help your NBA career. Your body needs rest

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

18th on BBM (total value).  If that is his floor I am happy.

Btw,  playing FIBA in the summer does not help your NBA career. Your body needs rest

Thanks doc. So what do you call an 82 game straight season compared to FIBA? He had rest inbetween. Also im not talking abour his value right now, but before he got it together. I promise you it wasnt 18th i  total value. It was somewhere around 60 from memory

6 minutes ago, ROTY said:

Thanks doc. So what do you call an 82 game straight season compared to FIBA? He had rest inbetween. Also im not talking abour his value right now, but before he got it together. I promise you it wasnt 18th i  total value. It was somewhere around 60 from memory

he was 44 in total stats/per game avg during his first 13 games. hes played 26

17/9/6 over 1 steal 1 three 47% 76%

basically right in line with his season avg.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

he was 44 in total stats/per game avg during his first 13 games. hes played 26

17/9/6 over 1 steal 1 three 47% 76%

basically right in line with his season avg.

Thanks for that but that aint top 7 production. If i guessed, the rest of the 1st round and entire 2nd rounders probably crushed that

12 minutes ago, ROTY said:

Thanks for that but that aint top 7 production.

Is that so a peasant one ? 

4 hours ago, GrandGourou said:

Is that so a peasant one ? 

Relatively, yes. 

Me likey. He’s been #1 per game this week and pretty much top 10 the entire month since he’s turned it around.

• Thanks 1

Wondering what he has in mind for Christmas dinner. 😂

Edited by Bugs bunny

6 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

Not until January 7th

1 hour ago, Bugs bunny said:

A bucket of Extra Crispy from KFC sure do sound good.

• Haha 2