Pyschout

Dejounte Murray 2019-2020 Outlook

damn he was dropped in my league...but with his low game total this and next week not sure if its worth taking a flier tbh

im losing patience. i love that dude but right now its just not enough. where are those games he had at the start of the season?

34 minutes ago, LosingEffort said:

Spurs clearly don't like this guy
I don't know why they don't trade him

Because they can’t yet.

I like his steals but his minutes and b2b restriction is giving me headaches. Thinking of dropping him for Kevin Huerter. Do I drop him or Taurean Prince?

5 minutes ago, lcc_naga said:

I like his steals but his minutes and b2b restriction is giving me headaches. Thinking of dropping him for Kevin Huerter. Do I drop him or Taurean Prince?

Pose that Q&A in the AC Forum and they will advise.

Pretty sure the Spurs only play 2 or 3 more back to backs the whole rest of the season. Not that big of a deal if you have a good team already. 

20 hours ago, lcc_naga said:

Prince -> huerter -> Murray 

It’s time boys. 31 mins and played all OT and they won with a Murray jumper. Restrictions might be off.

• Like 2

Boys I need a veterans advice. He just got dropped in my league and I know he’s gonna be a baller this year, how much faab do I drop on him. Tell me if I’m crazy but I’m ready to drop a 20 on him. 

5 minutes ago, Kamura said:

It’s time boys. 31 mins and played all OT and they won with a Murray jumper. Restrictions might be off.

I'm glad he won with that jumper, was a little shaky with offensive fouls to start OT, ugly game lol.

But yeah, they let him play 31min, that restriction's gotta be coming off soon.

In the post game, Dejounte said the minutes restriction is still there, and Pop still figuring out lineups, he's going to give it his all whatever minutes he gets, but he's ready to be unleashed.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, hoop said:

Whoa, that was quite the Spurs comeback. And for fantasy purposes - a very promising game for Murray.

To me, it felt as if Murray was the X-factor in keeping the Spurs in the game, through his intensity, athleticism, and defense. Then, he catalyzed their comeback in the final two minutes (I think) of the fourth, to tie the game and bring up OT. To top it off, in OT, he made essentially the game winner with about 30 seconds remaining, to give the Spurs a one-point lead they kept.

I'm trying not to overreact. But that was a very promising game for Murray's outlook ROS.

Some notes:

- Again, he appeared to be the biggest reason the Spurs stayed in the game, by being a disruptive force, even if he wasn't involved.

- Second highest +/- in the game at +13, next to Belinelli's +17.

- Played 32 minutes. 5/10 fg, 4/4 ft, 15pt, 7 reb, 3 ast, 3 stl, 4 TO

- Played a ton next to Derozan. But importantly: Derozan attempted 7 THREES (one ruled a two later, and one was a foul, so it's officially only 5 attempts). Coincidence? Doubt it. They're clearly trying to improve spacing. Let's see if Derozan's 3-point attempts keep up, which would bode well for Murray.

- Spurs are clearly still experimenting, including pairing him with Walker and Mills. The point is that they're trying to make this work. And tonight looked promising. Maybe he doesn't start, but he closes. We'll see. Tonight displayed why they signed him to a four-year contract. He can be the future of the Spurs, especially as the team evolves over time.

- White did not play well at all. At several points in the game, it was clear Pop needed Murray back in. In fact, at the beginning of the forth, Murray subs out, their defense suffers badly, and Pop gets him back in after only 3-4 minutes IIRC.

- His rebounding ability is remarkable. Even just being involved in the scramble to rebound, he created a couple extra possessions for the Spurs.

- Shot was inconsistent (an airball early in the game), but he clearly found some mid-range sweet spots. He hit a few, including the game-winner. He dribbled to a spot and confidently took it.

- Made three consecutive turnovers at the start of OT, was out of control. But Pop kept him in. And it paid off. He eventually hit the game-winning shot.

Again, it's just one game. Still hard to predict how his role will evolve throughout this season, and maybe he'll rest next game. But I'm feeling a bit more optimistic.

Dawg I’m not gonna read all of this and idk if I would agree w everything you’re saying but imma upvote you bc you spent some hard work and dedication on this 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Per Rotoworld blurb:

Gregg Popovich implied after Dejounte Murray logged 32 minutes on Friday that he is no longer on a minutes limit.

Advice: "As far as I’m concerned. Nobody scolded me or anything like that afterwards," said Pop when asked about Murray's minutes, "so I think we’re good." While Murray may no longer have any official restrictions, Pop's reluctance to have him share the floor with Derrick White is something that could have his minutes fluctuating from game-to-game. Still, if the Spurs continue to rack up losses, there will be more incentive to fully unleash Murray, so he remains a quality stash.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Lol "nobody scolded me or anything like that afterwards..." Pop still trolling zzz

Yeah, I took it with a bit of a grain of salt seeing as how Pop always speaks tongue in cheek, but I still view it as a positive development for Murray

4 minutes ago, cbsholy said:

Yeah, I took it with a bit of a grain of salt seeing as how Pop always speaks tongue in cheek, but I still view it as a positive development for Murray

Yeah they have no choice now if they wanna make the playoffs.

1 hour ago, cbsholy said:

Per Rotoworld blurb:

Gregg Popovich implied after Dejounte Murray logged 32 minutes on Friday that he is no longer on a minutes limit.

Advice: "As far as I’m concerned. Nobody scolded me or anything like that afterwards," said Pop when asked about Murray's minutes, "so I think we’re good." While Murray may no longer have any official restrictions, Pop's reluctance to have him share the floor with Derrick White is something that could have his minutes fluctuating from game-to-game. Still, if the Spurs continue to rack up losses, there will be more incentive to fully unleash Murray, so he remains a quality stash.

tenor.gif?itemid=9591328

• Haha 1

What happened to this guy? He was an amazing player last year for categories, but now he's just missing. I know he just came off a major injury, but it's been like almost 1/4 of the season and he's not showing signs of improvement. Really hope this extended minutes will make him better!

Tried grabbing this dude as he got dropped to the waivers by a dickhead but someone spent 25$ fab on him like a crackhead. For the guys that have him, you’re lucky, soon, he will absolutely pop off. Top 70 and gonna help a lot of ppl win ships this year 2nd half of season. 

18 minutes ago, Blacklash2k4 said:

What happened to this guy? He was an amazing player last year for categories, but now he's just missing. I know he just came off a major injury, but it's been like almost 1/4 of the season and he's not showing signs of improvement. Really hope this extended minutes will make him better!

He didn't even play last year. Be patient. Your probationary period needs to be extended.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blacklash2k4 said:

Looked pretty good last game. Pretty sure that's a sign of improvement.