Pyschout

Dejounte Murray 2019-2020 Outlook

His usage seems about the same as most front row fans have in terms of catching an errant pass at this stage, he only seems to acquire the ball by rebound or steal. I'm sure he's of better value to the Spurs if they involves him somewhat more. In answer to the points league query, if usage is what scores, then he's not your bloke. 

In my 10-teamer and doing well in steals anyway i may need to look to someone who is more involved in the game for their side.

25 minutes ago, Jackdean33 said:

Is he a drop?

in a head to head points league where steals and blocks only worth 1 point each. Pts reb a** fg 3pm all worth 1 each too. DD 5 TD 10 and turnovers -2. 

fhe turnover factor being a killer and steals + blocks not being as much as most leagues. 

Payton III, Washington, A.Holiday, Wagner, Kennard etc on the wire. 

I’d take PJ Washington over him for sure

Pop’s rotation is whack af. Don’t know why dude keeps letting LMA and DeRozan eat first ALL. THE. TIME.

Dejounte is getting minutes in weird spots where he can’t generate momentum man.

Pop is stubborn man. Dude needs to let it go. Spurs aren’t going anywhere this season and he just needs to let Dejounte play.

29 minutes ago, ovofnd said:

Pop’s rotation is whack af. Don’t know why dude keeps letting LMA and DeRozan eat first ALL. THE. TIME.

Dejounte is getting minutes in weird spots where he can’t generate momentum man.

Pop is stubborn man. Dude needs to let it go. Spurs aren’t going anywhere this season and he just needs to let Dejounte play.

And yet the greatest NBA coach (arguably) of all time have Spurs currently sitting in 8th place. I think Pop should start reading RW forums, some great advice can be found here

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

And yet the greatest NBA coach (arguably) of all time have Spurs currently sitting in 8th place. I think Pop should start reading RW forums, some great advice can be found here

I knew someone would say this. Stfu. 

I have the presence of mind to know my observation doesn’t mean an iota in basketball. But who cares? It’s a forum? We can discuss what we want?

This kid was amazing during the OT. Came in for White after not playing towards the end of regulation & killed it.

Clutch steal + layup. Clutch jumper. Clutch 3pt. & finished it off with a nice handoff to LMA while driving baseline to the basket.

He provided that spark for them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gmoneyb said:

This kid was amazing during the OT. Came in for White after not playing towards the end of regulation & killed it.

Clutch steal + layup. Clutch jumper. Clutch 3pt. & finished it off with a nice handoff to LMA while driving baseline to the basket.

He provided that spark for them.

Yeah he took over OT. Kid needs more minutes man. They gave him that contract and in a lost season should develop him.

7 minutes ago, ovofnd said:

Yeah he took over OT. Kid needs more minutes man. They gave him that contract and in a lost season should develop him.

He missed all of last season with a very bad injury he can’t just start playing 35 minutes a game. They’re doing the right thing with view towards the future. Spurs are also 8th it’s not a lost season at all 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ovofnd said:

I have the presence of mind to know my observation doesn’t mean an iota in basketball. But who cares? It’s a forum? We can discuss what we want?

Discussion usually involves listening to other people and different opinions . Otherwise it is pointless. 

4 hours ago, ovofnd said:

Most of your posts belong in the Vent and Rant thread:

Venting about coaches and players on your fantasy team isn’t real discussion on a Player Outlook thread, and clogs up the space for people looking for actual insights and updates.

Complaining about Pop isn’t exactly gonna buy you any credibility either. When you’ve bought into Dejounte, you’ve also bought into the potential uncertainty of Pop’s rotation - something that’s been well-established over the years.

If having Dejounte is giving you too much stress, I’d recommend trading him and avoiding coaches known to have uncertain rotations. I’ve patiently held him throughout the entire season and have been happy with the recent production.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, darkyume said:

Most of your posts belong in the Vent and Rant thread:

Venting about coaches and players on your fantasy team isn’t real discussion on a Player Outlook thread, and clogs up the space for people looking for actual insights and updates.

Complaining about Pop isn’t exactly gonna buy you any credibility either. When you’ve bought into Dejounte, you’ve also bought into the potential uncertainty of Pop’s rotation - something that’s been well-established over the years.

If having Dejounte is giving you too much stress, I’d recommend trading him and avoiding coaches known to have uncertain rotations. I’ve patiently held him throughout the entire season and have been happy with the recent production.

I’ll take the venting there then, thanks! Didn’t know it existed. 

Agreed on all points. Apologies y’all.

Edited by ovofnd
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

He missed all of last season with a very bad injury he can’t just start playing 35 minutes a game. They’re doing the right thing with view towards the future. Spurs are also 8th it’s not a lost season at all 

2 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

Discussion usually involves listening to other people and different opinions . Otherwise it is pointless. 

Fair. My bad for preemptively jumping the gun — the aggression wasn’t called for. Frustration foul on my part.

Dejounte’s playing well and I’m grateful he’s trending up after the slow start. The steals and out of position rebounds are a godsend. Just wished he was producing in a 30mpg ceiling.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 12/31/2019 at 6:36 PM, ovofnd said:

bro he's with that guy every day for 8-9 months, so I guess he knows bit more regarding how and when he should play..

Different thing is what ppl who have him on their team would want...

Edited by StarFish

Mang, if that 3pt shot is the real deal...its going to open up his game so much.....30min a night please...confidence gotta be on a high right now beating the Bucks after they lost without you.

• Like 1

This guy needs to be unlocked. Per 36:

15.4 points, 8.8 reb, 6.2 ast, 2.6 stl, solid percentages.

Obviously Pop would never play him that much, but even 30-31 min per night would greatly open up his value. 

2 hours ago, Saucy said:

This guy needs to be unlocked. Per 36:

15.4 points, 8.8 reb, 6.2 ast, 2.6 stl, solid percentages.

Obviously Pop would never play him that much, but even 30-31 min per night would greatly open up his value. 

Give it another season and you'll have the numbers you want.