Pyschout

Dejounte Murray 2019-2020 Outlook

13 hours ago, xlosingmyedgex said:

Give it another season and you'll have the numbers you want.

You think he's going to be the guy next season?

28 minutes ago, Saucy said:

Might be later this season. Spurs are 8th but have serious roster decisions to make. DD and LA could be moved and there isn't anyone else better than Murray

6 hours ago, Saucy said:

I think they're invested enough to give him the keys in a season or two. It's doubtful they move DeMar/LA, but their contracts line up with Dejounte's development.

7 minutes ago, xlosingmyedgex said:

I think they're invested enough to give him the keys in a season or two. It's doubtful they move DeMar/LA, but their contracts line up with Dejounte's development.

They just extended him what year or two? He's coming off a very bad injury and Spurs have learned their lesson handling injuries after losing Kawhi. I am actually shocked Spurs havent randomly restd him on non back-to-backs. He will get unleashed soon 

20 minutes ago, Supersonics said:

Did he get hurt? Or did Pop just pull him super early in the 3rd quarter?

Kid got “Popd” literally 

Pop continues to put him in limited minutes. Super frustrating. Obviously has shown his chops but he trusts the other guards like mills  more. Super annoyed.

Man I hate Pop* lol.

Autocorrect suggested Poo. Maybe I should’ve kept it. 

Coach Poo, I like the sound of dat 😍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Had a nice line and 15 minutes played at halftime. Seemed to have come out flat (along with the rest of the team) in the 3rd and Pop didn’t go back to him with the reserves playing so well. Stay patient guys. 

• Like 1

he had a good line at halftime but didnt play much after due to Mills/White playing well for the comeback.

Still hoping for that post ASB upside

7 minutes ago, overtime2000 said:

Near the point where I’d rather use his slot to stream players

You in a 10-teamer? There is no one in any of my 12-teamer leagues worth picking up to replace Murray. Dude is ranked 80 over the season and 60 the past 30 days. The past two weeks have been rough for him, but he's clearly better than anything you'll find on the WW, unless you're in a 10T or less, even then it'd have to be an uncompetitive league. 

• Like 2

I drafted him and dropped. With increased time grab him and stashing, my team was stacked. Now I shorthanded, in January deploy him and Dejounte sucks. Can get more value from waiver 10 team.

I’m still holding in a 10 team. The upside is much greater than anything on the wire believe it or not.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, gmoneyb said:

I’m still holding in a 10 team. The upside is much greater than anything on the wire believe it or not.

+1 

8 team and thinking of just streaming his spot. Next worst player on my squad are Ingles and Mrob. Id rather keep them.

Not sure if there is still upside or if he will be on a timeshare till season's end with Mills/White

I just can’t believe Pop won’t give him burn when it should be a year for developing the younger guys. Spurs have an amazing playoff schedule and I fully expect Murray will be unleashed by mid-March when it matters most. Strong hold if you can afford another rocky month. 

Whats worrying is that White is also young and it seems he is getting timeshare with Dejounte. SG is for Derozan/Forbes. And he can't just drop Mills from the rotation. 

I mean 26-28mpg is still a good amount to develop a player so I think Pop is doing the right thing.

Edited by deathrazor

1 minute ago, deathrazor said:

Whats worrying is that White is also young and it seems he is getting timeshare with Dejounte. SG is for Derozan/Forbes. And he can't just drop Mills from the rotation. 

Yeah I can't decide what the team's plan is.  Is it to give Dejounte time to fully recuperate, or is it to develop White at the same time?  I'm gearing towards not rushing Dejounte as his injury was pretty serious.  They might just pace him this whole season since they're not going to win anything with this current roster, while also giving him PT to learn the game.  He's still very raw, and still learning from game reps.  Shorter stints combined with game tape review should help him the most.  I think it's a wise plan to only play him less than 25 minutes a game this season. 

Im holding in a 10 team league as when he puts all together in 30 mins he is incredible. Much like tonights game he can fill the stat sheet and some by just getting the chance and the toucches.