Pyschout

Dejounte Murray 2019-2020 Outlook

1 minute ago, ellejamil said:

I'm all for him being load managed after a season-long injury. I'm also a Spurs fan and own no Spurs player lol

I guess for a 23 year old, thought he was an aging vet.

Just now, RedDogNamedClippers said:

I guess for a 23 year old, thought he was an aging vet.

Man, these are the Spurs. This is what they do. It's beneficial IRL but not optimal in fantasy. I'm all for DJM breaking out but managed minutes and missed games are all part of the package

• Like 1

Tbh, load management is fine so long as he's productive in the minutes he gets. If he can to 30 odd minutes a night, that would be enough for top 75

Cookin’. Boy is makin quick meals at 24 mins. Give him 30 and you’ll have a buffet 

• Like 3

On Sept 30, this was reported:

Pop says docs have placed no specific limitations on Dejounte Murray coming off last season's ACL tear, but team will be careful not to overload him early.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, iowncrazyhair said:

I really hope he keeps up the scoring, from expecting 11ish ppg to around 17 ppg is huge

Have yet to have better data set for pace and offensive rating, but you have to have warrior-esque schemes and pace to have 3 players average 20ppg (LMA and DDR the first two). Not impossible, just hard with how Spurs are built. 15ppg more plausible

Sounds like he is on a minute restriction which may be eased a bit after 10 games or so. This kid is so productive on a per minute basis, if he makes his way close to 30 mpg, watch out.

Edited by HRHoops2

17 minutes ago, Savitto said:

is he worth spending #1 waiver claim in an 8 team league?

How on earth is he even available?! 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Aloon33 said:

How on earth is he even available?! 

It's only an 8 team league. That's why.  Still, he is worth the pick up.

They love him too much and he's paying too well for the minutes to stick. I think the Spurs' label as "the load management team" is bs at this point - Kawhi was the one forcing it prior to his trade, and look how they've abused Grandpa Aldridge these last few years. Dejounte's play says he's ready to rock, and the team will need him if they want to push for a Top 4 seed.

Ughhhhhh.. if Pop would only give this guy some playing time.. nearly a triple double tonight in only 22 minutes. I get they're slowly easing him back into action.. but on the bright side, when he's fully unleashed our patience will pay off. He looks like the real deal 👌

Yahoo just alerted that Dejounte's injury status changed from healthy to GTD. Anyone see what happened?

21 minutes ago, cbsholy said:

Yahoo just alerted that Dejounte's injury status changed from healthy to GTD. Anyone see what happened?

Think it’s for the B2B coming up Thursday/Friday

• Like 1

Pop said today that he'd be missing first half of b2b's so it's in anticipation of missing thursday.

The nice thing about rostering him so far has been that weathering the storm of his early restrictions isn't painful when he's this productive on a per-minute basis. As long as he doesn't miss too many games..

• Like 1

Popovich said Dejounte Murray's minutes will remain restricted after he missed last season following right ACL surgery in July 2018.

Murray will not play in back-to-back games and will be limited to about five minutes per quarter. Murray had seven points and eight assists in 22 minutes against the Blazers.

Popovich said he was not tempted to put Murray back in the game in the fourth quarter to help defensively as Lillard went on his 18-point run.

''No, he's on a minute restriction,'' Popovich said. ''Either he's on a minute restriction or he's not. One game isn't that important to put him out there when the docs feel he shouldn't be.''

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Aloon33 said:

Anyone know if hes starting today or tomorrows game? Hope its tomorrow so he can shred the Warriors

He's playing tonight

This is fantastic given Friday is loaded and I can easily plop him on the bench.

Dejounte is going to be such a monster when the handcuffs come off.

5 minutes ago, steve9347 said:

Dejounte is going to be such a monster when the handcuffs come off.

Will be that sometime this season, though? I'm not sure if there are any Pop quotes lying around on the subject, but I thought I remembered reading somewhere that Murray will be rested on B2B's. I assumed that meant for the full season. As far as a minutes restriction, hopefully by the end of the year he's averaging closer to 30 mpg