Pyschout

Dejounte Murray 2019-2020 Outlook

28 minutes ago, cbsholy said:

Will be that sometime this season, though? I'm not sure if there are any Pop quotes lying around on the subject, but I thought I remembered reading somewhere that Murray will be rested on B2B's. I assumed that meant for the full season. As far as a minutes restriction, hopefully by the end of the year he's averaging closer to 30 mpg 

Yeah, I'm more talking minutes - let's get him up to 30/32 minutes, please.

1 hour ago, cbsholy said:

Will be that sometime this season, though? I'm not sure if there are any Pop quotes lying around on the subject, but I thought I remembered reading somewhere that Murray will be rested on B2B's. I assumed that meant for the full season. As far as a minutes restriction, hopefully by the end of the year he's averaging closer to 30 mpg 

https://www.nba.com/spurs/video/teams/spurs/2019/10/27/2857325/1572147170818-gregg-popovich-postgame-102619-2857325

start at 2:09 (or watch the whole thing because Pop's hilarious): "...I hated taking him out... I'm thinking after about 10 games, he'll get up five or six minutes."

This quote came after two games when he'd averaged 24 mins. I wouldn't hold Pop to those exact numbers, but it's encouraging to see he "hated" playing Murray less and could see him approaching 30 before the end of November.

Until then, I'm not complaining about scraping by with 20-25, considering he's managing 1st round value on a per-36 basis: 23 / 13 / 9.4 / 3.1 / 1 on 54.5 / 87.5 shooting.

Those numbers translated to ~30 minutes: 19.2 / 10.8 / 7.8 / 2.6 / 0.8 - that's still Top 10-15 upside. Ben Simmons without punting FT. It's unlikely his usage remains this monstrous all season, but he's established what's possible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Aloon33 said:

Only 11 minutes wtf. The minutes restriction is very frustrating. 

I'm ok if it helps to keep him healthy for the entire season

he was also ice cold last night.. as far as i'm concerned this was his first sub-par game this year. he'll only get better as the season progresses and the minutes limit increases 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, claptondecheeks said:

Huge buy low opportunity right now bc of the minutes restrictions. Got him for a top 50-60 guy.

Well played. Curious who you traded?

Just now, hlin8821 said:

Do I see his minutes slowly creeping up? 15 minutes already before the firs half!

🙏

10 minutes ago, fachowski said:

with this lead, they'll probably sit him out for the rest of the game

He’s on a min restriction. close game or not, white closes out every game. (Or atleast all the games that i’ve watched. 

I missed out on him this year as I went with Lonzo but he’s definitely on my radar for next year. Love his skill set. Enjoy fellas

30 minutes ago, Cozie said:

I missed out on him this year as I went with Lonzo but he’s definitely on my radar for next year. Love his skill set. Enjoy fellas

Lonzo is sick. Just wait til they fire that clown Gentry and watch him be even better 

You know Pop is cradling this kid like a baby. He loves him. This is his next Kawhi-like project. He just turned 23...hes going to be very good for a very long time.

If he keeps improving his play making ability, he will be a triple double threat in the NBA with good efficient.

3 minutes ago, Buzzerbets said:

I am so high on this guy, but is he sell high guy?

Sell high? More like buy low.

His outlook will only improve as his minutes and playing time rise. Get in now before it’s too late.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ovofnd said:

Sell high? More like buy low.

His outlook will only improve as his minutes and playing time rise. Get in now before it’s too late.

I bought in keeper league and am ecstatic I got him before his huge runs.

I am very high on him and Pop will give him the keys soon, but I’m also punt FT and it helps me even more to like him.

8 points combined last 2 games. Pop needs to tell Forbes and Degarbage to stop shooting so much and let Murray go to work. Hopefully minutes start since Spurs are stuttering early

5 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Forbes has been killing it. 

Forbes has shot 50% once in the last 9 games and is usually shooting under 40%. White is better but Pop for some reason doesn't start or play him with Murray