Pyschout

Dejounte Murray 2019-2020 Outlook

Everytime he makes one mistake on defense pop always pulls him out of the game puts in white or mills smh... let the kid play!

12 minutes ago, raaYUU said:

Everytime he makes one mistake on defense pop always pulls him out of the game puts in white or mills smh... let the kid play!

He’s on a minutes restriction. Won’t play back to backs and is a frustrating player to own. Was so good early but has been useless last 3 games with no hope in sight 

• Like 1

I don’t care who you are, you aren’t going to be very good or consistent when your minutes are all over the place like his are.

2 minutes ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

what are we doing with him in 12 man leagues?

what are we doing with him in a 10 man....dropping him if he ***** the money bag tonight....

2 minutes ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

what are we doing with him in 12 man leagues?

I'm inclined to dropping him but something's telling me that is not the right move. :( He's producing when given minutes but and it might bite me back in the 2nd half of the season. I dont know.

Doncic is carving him up, I thought this guy was a good defender? He's been getting roasted on D all year. You have to think it's gonna start costing him the little amount of minutes he does get.

He will be fine as soon as the mins cap is fixed. Mins restrictions are brutal right now... No clue when that will be fixed. The spurs are absolutely horrible so far and they need a change. Their weak point is Forbes who, even though is a floor spacer, is giving the team significant net negatives when hes on the floor vs not. A change will happen soon, and that's probably not going to involve Murray doing less. He can't get any lower really. You will severely regret it if you drop him and he stays healthy. The spurs have no clue what they're doing yet and pop seems to not know what to do with his roster, so I recommend waiting until the spurs do better as a team before you think about dropping Murray. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Too much overreaction here. Kid is a stud but expecting him to post 1st or 2nd round value is insane considering he just missed a full season. Per 36 numbers are very good just be patient the season just started!

12 hours ago, sixers11 said:

Doncic is carving him up, I thought this guy was a good defender? He's been getting roasted on D all year. You have to think it's gonna start costing him the little amount of minutes he does get.

Good defenders cant stop elite offense. The exception is rare and if it does happen, it's more just an off day for the offensive guys. Like 50+ other players in the NBA, no one can stop them except a select few tall centers that give everyone a problem. Yeah a guy like Beverly can slow down someone like Marcus smart, but no one would stop Kemba, let alone doncic with his size advantage. Elite offense can basically rarely be stopped by anyone. 

• Like 1

If anyone needs some motivation boost for keeping him, here's some of mine:

Btw, I can see why someone would move on, I'm not about that, you do w/e the hell you want, you're a big boy, you got your own expectations.

-They gave him that extension, he's part of the future

-He's got that Seattle heart, with guys like IT, B-Roy, Jamal Crawford

-Changes will be made if they keep losing

-They might accomodate DeRozan if they keep losing

-As a** as he's been lately, still hovering in the top 100

-Fun as hell to watch, mistakes and all.

-Out of position boards with potential for more

-I know the 3 ball probably wont be in his game this year...but the dream of:

33min 18/10/7/1.8stl/0.8blk/2.5to on 53/80%'s

is still real with me.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SkalChriston said:

If anyone needs some motivation boost for keeping him, here's some of mine:

Btw, I can see why someone would move on, I'm not about that, you do w/e the hell you want, you're a big boy, you got your own expectations.

-They gave him that extension, he's part of the future

-He's got that Seattle heart, with guys like IT, B-Roy, Jamal Crawford

-Changes will be made if they keep losing

-They might accomodate DeRozan if they keep losing

-As a** as he's been lately, still hovering in the top 100

-Fun as hell to watch, mistakes and all.

-Out of position boards with potential for more

-I know the 3 ball probably wont be in his game this year...but the dream of:

33min 18/10/7/1.8stl/0.8blk/2.5to on 53/80%'s

is still real with me.

I hate players who constantly don't score at least 10 points every game
Murray is one of them, too many games without scoring double digit

Edited by LosingEffort

24 minutes ago, Fantasyscrub said:

Easy drop in my 10 team.  He’s terrible and will be old managed, why keep him?

Well because he’s not terrible, he actually has some beastly potential and at some point his restrictions will be lifted. Not to mention the Spurs are sucking it up. At some point this season he’ll be unleashed.