Pyschout

Dejounte Murray 2019-2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

Odds he’s on the restrictions all season? 

I think it will be like this all season man. Spurs are cautious now after what happened with Kawhi and they just handed him an extension. Spurs also don't seem to be going anywhere this season and with the Derozan rumors they won't rush Murray imo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, BringVancouverBack said:

Should I drop in an 8 team? Already dealing with suspensions and injuries I don't know if keeping Murray is worth the headache. I am new and hoping for tips

 

You will get the best responses over in the bench coach forum. Murray is not a lock for continued value in 10-teamers, but his potential to go off later this season is a good justification for holding in many leagues. Try posting your question there and include league structure and the rest of your roster, you'll get some good feedback.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rando said:

 

You will get the best responses over in the bench coach forum. Murray is not a lock for continued value in 10-teamers, but his potential to go off later this season is a good justification for holding in many leagues. Try posting your question there and include league structure and the rest of your roster, you'll get some good feedback.

Thank you. I am unable to post anything I assume since my account is new that's why i had to ask here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bugs bunny said:

Well because he’s not terrible, he actually has some beastly potential and at some point his restrictions will be lifted. Not to mention the Spurs are sucking it up. At some point this season he’ll be unleashed. 

 

I don't see it that way.  If the spurs don't right the ship soon, I see Murray sitting more than usual

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Enough of this rest nonsense. I'm dropping him to stream Simons for tonight and pick up House for the rest of the week. Given my fantasy history, he will now be getting 35mpg from here on out once picked up by an opposing gm. Congrats to all remaining Murray owners. You're welcome

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LosingEffort said:

I hate players who constantly don't score at least 10 points every game
Murray is one of them, too many games without scoring double digit

That's why you need to go heavy on points in the first few rounds. There's lots of value off the wire and in the trade market if you can handle low scoring specialists and already have points locked down. Those first 2 or 3 25+ pt per game guys make a huge difference in the long run. Allows you to pick up sneaky guys like nerlens noel or a guy like thybulle (if he didn't suck) and be able to handle it. 

Edited by johnval1362
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is getting frustrating.  I continue to hold thinking his minutes will go up as the season goes on, but there is a lot of worry in this forum that doesn't happen.

 

I passed up on Devonte Graham because I had no room for another PG thanks to Dejounte.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, johnval1362 said:

That's why you need to go heavy on points in the first few rounds. There's lots of value off the wire and in the trade market if you can handle low scoring specialists and already have points locked down. Those first 2 or 3 25+ pt per game guys make a huge difference in the long run. Allows you to pick up sneaky guys like nerlens noel or a guy like thybulle (if he didn't suck) and be able to handle it. 


Thanks for the advice, but I was just thinking how it's possible that a guy skilled like Murray can finish a game without scoring AT LEAST 10 points.
what a waste of talent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, DZaak said:

I continue to hold thinking his minutes will go up as the season goes on, but there is a lot of worry in this forum that doesn't happen.

 

 

 

Pfft, well you can always shift your energy to those of us that think the minutes boost will arrive soon, maybe mid December, Christmas at the latest.

 

Pop has already communicated that its frustrating for himself and Dejounte, not being able to play more minutes.

 

Unless he experiences a minor setback, why would their training staff keep him on a minutes limit for the entire season, if he's healthy.

 

How does that benefit him or the team?

 

He's not an aging veteran with playoff mileage, he's in his early 20's, with a season and a half of role player's minutes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, S.T.A.T. said:

Patty starting over him now? Pop is the master at tough love coaching

Murray has been awful, lets be honest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, hoopnking24 said:

Wow.

 

Whew, saw this and thought he got injured or something.

 

They haven't said if it's for Forbes or Murray, but if it's DJ hopefully he's just getting his 25 mins off the bench now, and away from Demar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SkalChriston said:

 

Whew, saw this and thought he got injured or something.

 

They haven't said if it's for Forbes or Murray, but if it's DJ hopefully he's just getting his 25 mins off the bench now, and away from Demar.

Demar is def the guy ruining value for a lot of the starting 5

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I told you the same things Pop said today

He's not scoring enough

So he deserves to be benched

Of course it's drop city

Edited by LosingEffort

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

Demar is def the guy ruining value for a lot of the starting 5

 

43 minutes ago, BringVancouverBack said:

Thank you finally someone else sees that. His ISO style is awful


Man DeRozan catches blame for everything and it is pretty ridiculous.  
 

Kyle Lowry was 11th, 12th, and 29th his last three years next to DeRozan. Valanciunas and Ibaka were top 50-75  next to him.  
 

Aldridge was top 25 last year. Derrick White was top 100 his last two months and had a stretch where he was even better. To blame Murray's struggles on DeRozan is just laughable. 


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This guy just isnt a good basketball player right now. He's among the worst defensive players in the league and that's supposed to be his strength.  I said it before earlier in this thread. Most players struggle their first year back from a torn acl. He'll be a good value pick next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hoping Derozan gets traded in December. Probably won't happen though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok enough with the minutes restriction BS. You think you have the best player on the team and if he is healthy enough to play then let him play. He is in his early 20s for F sakes. Let him play. Either that or go full tank mode. I have never seen a losing streak like this and Pop is not doing a damn thing about it. Just go ahead and go full tank mode then. 
 

Frustrated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.