Pyschout

Dejounte Murray 2019-2020 Outlook

7 hours ago, ginocan said:

Ok enough with the minutes restriction BS. You think you have the best player on the team and if he is healthy enough to play then let him play. He is in his early 20s for F sakes. Let him play. Either that or go full tank mode. I have never seen a losing streak like this and Pop is not doing a damn thing about it. Just go ahead and go full tank mode then. 

Frustrated. 

Agreed spurs look outdated this season, where only 1 guy can kinda shoot from the outside consistently.

8 hours ago, ginocan said:

Ok enough with the minutes restriction BS. You think you have the best player on the team and if he is healthy enough to play then let him play. He is in his early 20s for F sakes. Let him play. Either that or go full tank mode. I have never seen a losing streak like this and Pop is not doing a damn thing about it. Just go ahead and go full tank mode then. 

Frustrated. 

Good thing the Spurs aren't run by fantasy managers.

The risk of a second ACL injury goes up considerably within the first 24 months after the first ACL injury.  

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/07/130711084135.htm  

This is about making sure he has a long career, not winning meaningless games in November with a mismatched, subpar team.  

If you didn't think they were going to load manage him then you didn't do your homework and you have only yourself to blame. 

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

Good thing the Spurs aren't run by fantasy managers.

The risk of a second ACL injury goes up considerably within the first 24 months after the first ACL injury.  

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/07/130711084135.htm  

This is about making sure he has a long career, not winning meaningless games in November with a mismatched, subpar team.  

If you didn't think they were going to load manage him then you didn't do your homework and you have only yourself to blame. 

Ok Thanks.

You think I don't know what the Spurs are doing? Sure.

Welcome to RW too btw.

36 minutes ago, ginocan said:

Ok Thanks.

You think I don't know what the Spurs are doing? Sure.

Welcome to RW too btw.

If you know what they are doing then why are you frustrated? Since you appear to be a Spurs fan you should be happy they are looking out for his best interests. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He's a strong hold. His minutes and production are only going to go up, this is guaranteed. The upside is enormous on that alone, and if the Spurs decide to cash in with a DeRozan/Aldridge trade, Dejounte's usage rate will be absurd. If their losing streak continues, this is well within the realm of possibility.

Edited by xlosingmyedgex
  • Like 1

In 8 category on ESPN he is ranked #78 for the season even with the time restriction and and missed back to backs.  He is a competent bottom of your lineup player right now in 10 and 12 team leagues with upside to be much more valuable later in the season. Just can't expect consistency with him right now.    

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bengalo said:

Seems like he unfollowed all other Spurs players and the organisation on IG. Trade incoming? 

He still follows 6 of them what do you mean?

3 hours ago, Bengalo said:

Seems like he unfollowed all other Spurs players and the organisation on IG. Trade incoming? 

Lol what?? is that why people are running to add Derrick White

6 minutes ago, mtx said:

Lol what?? is that why people are running to add Derrick White

I would imagine. However since Murray signed an extension, he can’t be traded for 6 months so they aren’t trading him.

I think it is a little premature to be adding anyone from the Spurs right now based solely on a trade possibility. But that is not to say something isn’t brewing tho. DD cleared out his IG, which I saw he does do from time to time. So it could be nothing. But the Spurs are a mess so it’s possible and if anyone is getting traded from the Spurs, it’s DD or LMA. But I am not adding anyone yet based on that tho.

On 11/23/2019 at 6:51 PM, xlosingmyedgex said:

He's a strong hold. His minutes and production are only going to go up, this is guaranteed. The upside is enormous on that alone, and if the Spurs decide to cash in with a DeRozan/Aldridge trade, Dejounte's usage rate will be absurd. If their losing streak continues, this is well within the realm of possibility.

Guaranteed by?

6 hours ago, Akauders said:

Must say, even with restrictions - I expected more...

So far, he is a disapointment..

he had a serious injury too

1 hour ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

I would imagine. However since Murray signed an extension, he can’t be traded for 6 months so they aren’t trading him.

I think it is a little premature to be adding anyone from the Spurs right now based solely on a trade possibility. But that is not to say something isn’t brewing tho. DD cleared out his IG, which I saw he does do from time to time. So it could be nothing. But the Spurs are a mess so it’s possible and if anyone is getting traded from the Spurs, it’s DD or LMA. But I am not adding anyone yet based on that tho.

Where there is smoke, there's fire. I think they'll trade DD and/or LMA if Spurs don't turn it around soon.

Supposedly White is starting bc his style of play is more compatible with DD and LMA. But those guys aren't taking the Spurs to the promised land so they gotta get it together. 

On 11/23/2019 at 7:51 PM, xlosingmyedgex said:

He's a strong hold. His minutes and production are only going to go up, this is guaranteed. The upside is enormous.

Really? I don't think so. I drafted him and I am disappointed.

3 hours ago, XOrad10 said:

People read way too much into social media.  

DeRozan has regularly cleared his social media in the past. Murray just signed an extension and cannot be traded for several months.  

In all likelihood none of it means anything.  

I always love how people come out and say "Oh this player has unfollowed X on Instagram" but never post any proof of the player following that person/team etc on Instagram in the first place.

Currently on a minute restriction after his ACL injury (so has much lower trade value) and just signed a 4 yr extension. Spurs are not trading Murray.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DamoESP said:

I always love how people come out and say "Oh this player has unfollowed X on Instagram" but never post any proof of the player following that person/team etc on Instagram in the first place.

Currently on a minute restriction after his ACL injury (so has much lower trade value) and just signed a 4 yr extension. Spurs are not trading Murray.

No. Let’s all rush to pick up Bryn Forbes and Derrick White because DeRozan and Murray have deleted their social media posts. Don’t forget Lonnie  Walker.

• Haha 1

Murray just sucks, It is undeniable.  He’s not a play maker and can’t even shoot.  He also lost his defense after the ACL surgery.  I don’t understand why spurs would give him such a big contract.

16 minutes ago, PascalSiakam said:

Murray just sucks, It is undeniable.  He’s not a play maker and can’t even shoot.  He also lost his defense after the ACL surgery.  I don’t understand why spurs would give him such a big contract.

Yeah, because every player who ever recovered from an ACL surgery has permanently sucked for the rest of their life, with no hope to ever recover from it.

6 hours ago, El_Chingon said:

Yeah, because every player who ever recovered from an ACL surgery has permanently sucked for the rest of their life, with no hope to ever recover from it.

ummm im pretty sure like this is true for 80-90% of those coming back they normally would not be the same

Edited by WhatIsThisWizardry