Pyschout

Dejounte Murray 2019-2020 Outlook

17 hours ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

No. Let’s all rush to pick up Bryn Forbes and Derrick White because DeRozan and Murray have deleted their social media posts. Don’t forget Lonnie  Walker.

Actually,  if Spurs don't turn it around soon Walker could be strong add for 2nd half of the season. I am keeping an eye on him

32 minutes ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

ummm im pretty sure like this is true for 80-90% of those coming back they normally would not be the same

Rubio, LaVine, Lowry,  Gallinari, Dinwiddie, Rose, Lou Williams, Jabari Parker,  Livingston,  David West, Jamal Craford, Baron Davis....

for starters that is 12 players in recent years that turned out pretty good after ACL injury. 

As with any injury we will never know what impact the injury has on the player long term or how it could have been if injury did not happen

22 hours ago, apatas said:

Really? I don't think so. I drafted him and I am disappointed.

For sure. I'm not a psychic, so take what I said with a grain of salt, but him being moved to the bench is probably a good thing. He fits better with that lineup; they're younger and faster. Derrick is great in the half court, which is why he's with the starters right now. With DeRozan and Aldridge, that's how they like to run the offense. I don't see the move as indicative of him not being able to produce.

All of Dejounte's problems are typical of a young player, and I have faith he'll turn it around. The team will steadily increase his minutes as his recovery progresses, and if they start to tank and move DeMar or LaMarcus, he'll have an even clearer path to fantasy relevance.

If you don't like waiting for upside, dump him. Otherwise, I think he's a hold. There's risk involved no matter what.

Edited by xlosingmyedgex
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, xlosingmyedgex said:

For sure. I'm not a psychic, so take what I said with a grain of salt, but him being moved to the bench is probably a good thing. He fits better with that lineup; they're younger and faster. Derrick is great in the half court, which is why he's with the starters right now. With DeRozan and Aldridge, that's how they like to run the offense. I don't see the move as indicative of him not being able to produce.

All of Dejounte's problems are typical of a young player, and I have faith he'll turn it around. The team will steadily increase his minutes as his recovery progresses, and if they start to tank and move DeMar or LaMarcus, he'll have an even clearer path to fantasy relevance.

If you don't like waiting for upside, dump him. Otherwise, I think he's a hold. There's risk involved no matter what.

I agree with most of this except there are two risks.

One, Murray got a lot of his assists in the first unit with Aldridge. I don't think the options are there in the second unit for easy assists like that. 

Two, if the Spurs start winning with White as the starter, Murray could be a 25mpg bench guy all season, because that's just how Pop is.  

I would hold him personally but I wouldn't pay up for him in trade.

• Like 1

My sympathies to anyone who took Gile Pile's advice and thought White and Dejounte were going to play together in this backcourt. As I and others warned over the first few pages, Pop does not like having the two of them share the court, and there are plenty of other guys in this backcourt (who happen to be far better shooters) that Pop wants included in the rotation.

Coming from the biggest SAS fan on the board, if you haven’t done so, time to completely jump the hell off guys! Seriously, I have watched every minutes of SAS games, Pop is going to retired, DD is not going to be on the roster next season, LA is going for the last hurray but can’t abuse that anymore. We are officially done. Tank mode is engaged. 

The last 73 Wins and 60+ wins in the west are officially tank mode version. We are done. Move on people. 

Dejounte is going to be great player. I am talking about the next Klaw in term of defensive and offensive. But not this season. 

Jump guys, Jump!! If you could get a piece of bread in return for trades, DO IT!!!

• Like 1

I’m still holding tight in keeper league but gotta say, the outlook is getting dim.

Still, too soon for me to drop though.

8 hours ago, ginocan said:

Coming from the biggest SAS fan on the board, if you haven’t done so, time to completely jump the hell off guys! Seriously, I have watched every minutes of SAS games, Pop is going to retired, DD is not going to be on the roster next season, LA is going for the last hurray but can’t abuse that anymore. We are officially done. Tank mode is engaged. 

The last 73 Wins and 60+ wins in the west are officially tank mode version. We are done. Move on people. 

Dejounte is going to be great player. I am talking about the next Klaw in term of defensive and offensive. But not this season. 

Jump guys, Jump!! If you could get a piece of bread in return for trades, DO IT!!!

Seems a bit a like hysteria here.. 

I am doing well in my league so worth holding onto, more upside than something on the waiver wire.  I think there will be a big shake up or at least somebody on that crowded backcourt will have an injury and free up minutes. Until that happen I want to hold onto him until that happens and see how it all plays out.   

• Like 2

Does anyone have any good thoughts about Murray ROS?

He has too much potential to drop but he's hurting a lot of owners right now.

51 minutes ago, blob2004 said:

Does anyone have any good thoughts about Murray ROS?

He has too much potential to drop but he's hurting a lot of owners right now.

Not much going right for him atm, including that win and White shooting well and him struggling at the same time.

Hmm, or maybe White shooting well will force Bryn's a** to the bench?

I'm just saying, they didn't extend him for nothing and that minutes restriction will lift sooner or later.

I'm just going to keep believing he and White are going to start eventually.

EDIT:

If you wanted to know why stastically, it's the stl's and reb's potential.

Edited by SkalChriston

I'm very close to dropping. Still holding though but I can't sustain this with Collins SSPD.

I’m still holding. I feel like something has to give here. He was one of the most productive per minute players at the beginning of the year. Yes, the wheels have come off but between the potential loosening of the minutes restriction and/or a trade of DeRozan, I just can bring myself to cut him loose.

39 minutes ago, PascalSiakam said:

I’m very surprised that he is still owned in 78% in yahoo league lol

“Untapped potential”, “He didn’t get an extension for no reason”

• Like 1

Dang, that was pretty much the most discouraging signal possible. 18 min in a 2OT game. He checked out w/ 8 min remaining in the 4th. Benched for most of the 4th and both OTs. Only returned when Forbes fouled out...with 48.5 seconds remaining in the final OT. Granted, Pop went w/ the hot hand, but still.

If the Spurs keep fighting for the 8th seed, that might reduce Murray's chances of recouping more playing time. Although, IMO, the smarter, pragmatic move would still be to make the necessary trades (Derozan and/or Aldridge) and dismantle the current offense, and let Murray develop. But what do we know

1 hour ago, hoop said:

If the Spurs keep fighting for the 8th seed, that might reduce Murray's chances of recouping more playing time. Although, IMO, the smarter, pragmatic move would still be to make the necessary trades (Derozan and/or Aldridge) and dismantle the current offense, and let Murray develop. But what do we know

I been thinking about this. Pop may not have the stomach for a rebuild. He is 70. A rebuild would take years.

4 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

I been thinking about this. Pop may not have the stomach for a rebuild. He is 70. A rebuild would take years.

Retirement is near perhaps as Becky Hammon becomes the 1st women's head coach in the nba. 🤔

Edited by DezedandConfused