Sign in to follow this  
emcllns

Bell for SP

Thinking about acquiring another pitcher.

Should I, or am I just bored?

Bell for Sale?

Bell for Clevinger?

Bell for Strasburg?

Bell for someone else?

Stay where I'm at...

12 Team Dynasty Keep 25 HTH Points

Edited by emcllns
Missing info

It depends on how good your lineup and pitching is. I would shoot high for the likes of DeGrom and Cole.

Depends on your options at first mostly but none are awful targets if you really need pitching. Still though, I would go high for guys like Degrom and Cole first. Like the idea of Snell, Nola, Bauer or Buehler as well (all have been uneven and the owners may be willing to sell). I think of the ones you listed I would hold Bell because I see a lack of track record for Clev, injury issues (avoided this year but still loom) for Stras and age for Sale but I like Clevinger best of these guys

Help?

Do you have a chance to win this year? If so, then I agree with trying to get DeGrom or Cole. Even like the idea of getting 1 from: Nola, Snell, Clev, or Buehler. Do worry about Clev / injury. 

If you are out of it, then I would consider holding onto Bell for next year.You have plenty of solid young arms that should help you compete going forward. Good luck!

Team is pretty stacked.  1B options are Bellinger, Hoskins, Bell.

Team in signature.  Easily the highest total points in the league...don't necessarily NEED a pitcher...but I just love making moves.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, emcllns said:

Team is pretty stacked.  1B options are Bellinger, Hoskins, Bell.

Team in signature.  Easily the highest total points in the league...don't necessarily NEED a pitcher...but I just love making moves.

No issues going after another ace. Like you said, you are good at 1B with Bellinger & Hoskins. I would target Cole or DeGrom & go from there. 

First off, digging the rotation.  Sure seems familiar.... 🤔  (I even had McKay until a few days ago....)

Secondly, to me, this isn't about Bell vs. your other 1B options as much as it is Bell vs. Kingery/Robles, since they are the players that actually have to replace him in your lineup.  And that's a drop I don't think I'd take.  I'd stay the course with that AWESOME rotation. ;)

Good thoughts, I appreciate the feedback.