Rotoworld.com Forums

Emmanuel Sanders 2019 Outlook

2 hours ago, tpat30 said:

Did I not just say he isn’t some huge upgrade?

I don’t need to go into detail, so no need to be a smartass.

Flacco has 6TDs 8 turnovers on 230 attempts. Garoppolo 8TDs 8turnovers including an ugly game where the field was a mess and they ran, ran, ran. 49ers schedule will get tougher which means more passing. Flacco looked like the worst QB in the league last week.

Etc...

Not trying to be a smartass. His numbers are not an upgrade at all, and the scheme in San Fran is the exact same as in Denver: ball control and let your defense make stops. It's a lateral move. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Am I the only one not that excited? Jimmy hasn't looked great throwing the ball, and this offense isn't exactly lighting the world on fire. 

Double coverage most of the first half.   Denver demonstrating other weapons need to be accounted for will loosen things up.    Good score for manny week 1 considering.   

Had a 45 yard catch negated on a holding call and a reverse for 19 yards.  Plus a toe tap on the sideline that they called out.  Looked like Flacco was just trying to throw it away and Sanders made a

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Not trying to be a smartass. His numbers are not an upgrade at all, and the scheme in San Fran is the exact same as in Denver: ball control and let your defense make stops. It's a lateral move. 

Fair enough, I would say there is a little more upside in San Fran. Flacco will be Flacco ROS. I could see Jimmy G playing better as year goes on. Hopefully a tougher schedule means they’ll tweak the scheme so it’s not just run/ball control play defense.

The difference is he can have a bigger share of the targets even with Kittle then in Denver. Plus Jimmy G has a line and some mobility  that  wont allow him to get sacked 9 times. Sanders just really needed an opportunity.  The difference is also that the Broncos clearly relied on Sutton whereas the 49ers will rely on Sanders in the air with Kittle. I hope he gets in the slot some too.

1 hour ago, oliminator123 said:

Better QB. Numbers aside, you can’t possibly believe Flacco is a better QB than Jimmy G. Better offense that can sustain drives and provide a higher volume of plays. Better coaching. Better team. No risk of a young, inexperienced QB taking over. No WR that poses a significant threat to target share. 

This is not a lateral move. 

Edited by FinsUp24
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, FinsUp24 said:

Better QB. Numbers aside, you can’t possibly believe Flacco is a better QB than Jimmy G. Better offense that can sustain drives and provide a higher volume of plays. Better coaching. Better team. No risk of a young, inexperienced QB taking over. No WR that poses a significant threat to target share. 

This is not a lateral move. 

To be fair, if you think Flacco is as bad as he is, a young QB taking over would be an upgrade. But that aside, Jimmy G is a game manager and doesn't take risks. He's basically Alex Smith 2.0 (pre-KC). I'm not sold that this is an upgrade (but it's not a downgrade). 

2 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

to wit ...

Just now, GarrettHasTheClap said:

Devil's advocate but maybe they acknowledge that they want to throw more and more effectively.  You need a threat in the air if people load the box up. I can see them going for more of a balanced attack.  They could have blown the Rams out of the water with one. 

dunno how much Shanny needs to reinvent the wheel when he's sitting at 6 and OH. 

i hear your point, but i certainly don't see them morphing into "Air Kyle" anytime soon 🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

dunno how much Shanny needs to reinvent the wheel when he's sitting at 6 and OH. 

i hear your point, but i certainly don't see them morphing into "Air Kyle" anytime soon 🤷‍♂️

Agreed there. Yeah definitely not going to be any drastic changes. I could see some play design for him. So not necessarily large amount of targets but more deliberate plays for him. 

On 10/22/2019 at 3:46 PM, Brownsfan74 said:

I have a question.

The 49ers had their bye already but Denver did not.  So....Sanders could (potentially) be playing 17 regular season games.  That's highly unlikely (I doubt he suits up this weekend) but who knows.

Would he get paid extra?  I'd complain if I were him!

Latest blurb says he's playing this weekend.  That means he's playing 17 games if he doesn't get injured.  I really wonder if he's getting paid for the extra game.  Manny, demand a bonus!  You're getting screwed!

7 minutes ago, austin316 said:

Have fun starting him. It's an indicator a fantasy team isn't that great if Sanders is in your lineup in my opinion.

hey there ...

can you please go back to my post and see where i said "ZOMG!!!! START HIM!!! WR1 INCOMING!!!!1!1! LEEG WINNAH!!!1!1!!!1!1!!!1! SHANNY SAYS BIG TIME TARGETS!!!1!11111!"

ok, i'll wait. 

didn't see it, didja?

prolly because all i did was provide a link pertinent to this player's thread. 

can you grasp that?

i do it quite often here on this bored/forearm ... go check my post history. 

now, we clear?

Shanahan has a history of heavily featuring his #1 WR.  But the schedule is extremely tough:

Roto blurb:  "his stretch of opposing CBs up to fantasy championship week is unbelievably brutal. Overall, Sanders will face off against James Bradberry, Patrick Peterson (twice), Shaquill Griffin, Jaire Alexander, Marlon Humphrey, Marshon Lattimore, Desmond Trufant and Jalen Ramsey from Week 8 to Week 16."

It's critical to see how much he is targeted and how much he moves around.  Many of those matchups will be easy if they make an effort to get him away from the top CB.  If not, they will be brutal matchups.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
19 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

I read this more as a ROS quote versus Shanny referring to this week's game. Or at least I prefer to read it that way. If the 49ers want to make any noise in the playoffs they'll need to get the passing game going and productive. Their RBs aren't that good.

Edited by LongBalls
1 hour ago, LongBalls said:

I read this more as a ROS quote versus Shanny referring to this week's game. Or at least I prefer to read it that way.

No, the full article makes it more clear that he means this game:

Asked Friday whether he expects receiver Emmanuel Sanders to play Sunday, Kyle Shanahan said he does.  Then he added for emphasis: “A lot.”

• Thanks 1