FFCollusion

Emmanuel Sanders 2019 Outlook

Who's rolling him out there vs. ARI?

Should be a big day for Kittle, but I can see Sanders having a decent game as well.

2 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

Should be a big day for Kittle, but I can see Sanders having a decent game as well.

🙋‍♂️

im dealing with pretty heavy byes in multiple leagues-   But I do think they want sanders to become the primary target.   

Edited by Impreza178

3 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

With so many injuries to their backs, I may be tempted to start since they might air it out a little bit more.

1 minute ago, Impreza178 said:

🙋‍♂️

im dealing with pretty heavy byes in multiple leagues-   But I do think they want sanders to become the primary target.   

He was in on 82% of the snaps.  For context, Kittle was in for 84%. He is already a big part. Plus, with his route tree he will be all over the field. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

One of the best things about Sanders getting traded is he now plays 17 games.  San Fran had their bye Week 4, and Denver's in Week 10, so owners get rewarded with no bye week for him.  I already loved him, but it's a nice added bonus as we move toward the attrition of bye weeks.  Throw in 82% snap count 5 days after being traded and he is a locked and loaded WR2/3 in my opinion rest of the season.  San Fran will need to start throwing more as we move on with stiffer competition.

2 minutes ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

One of the best things about Sanders getting traded is he now plays 17 games.  San Fran had their bye Week 4, and Denver's in Week 10, so owners get rewarded with no bye week for him.  I already loved him, but it's a nice added bonus as we move toward the attrition of bye weeks.  Throw in 82% snap count 5 days after being traded and he is a locked and loaded WR2/3 in my opinion rest of the season.  San Fran will need to start throwing more as we move on with stiffer competition.

🤔 

locked and loaded ROS eh....

hope so.   That offense is built for spreading the rock. 

1 hour ago, Impreza178 said:

🤔

Shanahan's offense is what Nagy thinks his offense is

1 hour ago, Impreza178 said:

🤔

I agree, though the other 49ers WRs have been pretty awful thus far. Given the targets are low, but Pettis sucks and they've been using Deebo more as a runner than anything else. Goodwin looks like he's done. If they're serious about contending they should start generating more air yards, and that starts with giving a bigger target share to Kittle and Sanders.

Edited by LongBalls

3 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

I agree, though the other 49ers WRs have been pretty awful thus far. Given the targets are low, but Pettis sucks and they've been using Deebo more as a runner than anything else. Goodwin looks like he's done. If they're serious about contending they should start generating more air yards, and that starts with giving a bigger target share to Kittle and Sanders.

It's going to be a glorious Thursday night for Manny! I can feel it. Glorious!

tumblr_ov43u6wmdN1u1ljrzo1_540.gifv

• Like 1

Im trying so hard to trade this dude except THERES A VIDEO OF MR BERRY SAYING SELL HIGH RIGHT ON HIS PAGE ON ESPN LIKE CMONNNNN MAN WHY

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ryansm11 said:

Im trying so hard to trade this dude except THERES A VIDEO OF MR BERRY SAYING SELL HIGH RIGHT ON HIS PAGE ON ESPN LIKE CMONNNNN MAN WHY

I'm trying to move him too.  Problem is that other people look at his stats and don't even see "sell high," they see a guy coming off of two single catch games who put together an ok game on a bottom 10 passing team (which would have been a bad game without the TD).

Hoping he has a solid game tonight, and perhaps we can get decent value for him.

1 minute ago, suburbanguk said:

I'm trying to move him too.  Problem is that other people look at his stats and don't even see "sell high," they see a guy coming off of two single catch games who put together an ok game on a bottom 10 passing team (which would have been a bad game without the TD).

Hoping he has a solid game tonight, and perhaps we can get decent value for him.

I predict 0 points tonight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, FitzMagic said:

I predict 0 points tonight.

Yeah these Wednesday Night Football matchups are usually ugly. Fading Sanders big time tonight.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, suburbanguk said:

Great thing about ESPN is his game log only shows his 49ers games lol

Sell high?  I wouldn't trade Sanders straight up for Juju.  Sanders is on a team with the best playcaller in the league, a dominant run game, and an offense that almost coaxed a 1,000 yard season out of Marquise Goodwin.  What aren't people seeing here?  The other WR on the team are a total dumpster fire.  Sanders is the best they've had in the Shanahan tenure.  We shouldn't judge Sanders potential on the complete ineffectiveness of their incumbent receivers.  He's going to produce.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

Sell high?  I wouldn't trade Sanders straight up for Juju.  Sanders is on a team with the best playcaller in the league, a dominant run game, and an offense that almost coaxed a 1,000 yard season out of Marquise Goodwin.  What aren't people seeing here?  The other WR on the team are a total dumpster fire.  Sanders is the best they've had in the Shanahan tenure.  We shouldn't judge Sanders potential on the complete ineffectiveness of their incumbent receivers.  He's going to produce.

ELGecjb.gif

9 minutes ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

This:

Garoppolo is averaging 212.7 yards per game, with nine touchdowns and seven interceptions. His 93.6 passer rating is 17th among quarterbacks with 180 attempts, behind guys like Case Keenum and Gardner Minshew. The 49ers are 24th in the NFL in passing yards and 22nd in passing touchdowns. In four of seven games, Garoppolo hasn’t eclipsed 181 passing yards.

If you want to argue that Sanders might make Garoppolo better that's fair, but he's a middling QB on a low-volume offense. And I like Sanders.

1 minute ago, LongBalls said:

This:

If you want to argue that Sanders might make Garoppolo better that's fair, but he's a middling QB on a low-volume offense. And I like Sanders.

I think very highly of Garoppolo, probably too highly.  I don't think he's really been in many situations this year where they needed to emphasize the pass game.  Their schedule gets tough soon, playing the Rams and Seahawks a total of 4 times, and the Saints, Ravens, Packers in 7 of their last 9 games.  The only thing holding Garoppolo back from probowl statistics is the circumstance he's been in to date, in my biased and humble opinion.

I believe in this passing offense.  It may not have translated to fantasy yet, but it will.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

I think very highly of Garoppolo, probably too highly.  I don't think he's really been in many situations this year where they needed to emphasize the pass game.  Their schedule gets tough soon, playing the Rams and Seahawks a total of 4 times, and the Saints, Ravens, Packers in 7 of their last 9 games.  The only thing holding Garoppolo back from probowl statistics is the circumstance he's been in to date, in my biased and humble opinion.

I believe in this passing offense.  It may not have translated to fantasy yet, but it will.

yet he's still thrown 7 interceptions

4 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

This:

This would be a concern if we were talking about 3-4 legitimate options in that offense. RBs are not being thrown to a ton. The receivers are trash outside of Kittle and Sanders. There is more than enough of the average attempts of 27 per game to go around to these two. And there are plenty of yards to split, even at a little over 200 per game. And maybe Shanny wants to open up that offense and that's why they got Sanders. You have to have the right personnel to execute it. Manny has only been there for one game. Trust the process.

3 minutes ago, Chippa said:

yet he's still thrown 7 interceptions

I don't think that matters.  In his 5 games at the end of 2017, his TD:INT ratio was 7:5, they went 5-0 and the team scored on an absurdly high 60% of their possessions.  They also averaged 42 yards per drive under Garoppolo and 3 points per drive, which was not only tops in the league but higher than Shanahan's Falcons record offense the year before.

He did that despite throwing 5 INT, just like they are 7-0 and dominating despite him having a 9:7 TD/INT ratio.  Guys like Derek Carr and Any Daulton historically have great TD:INT Ratios, and their offenses are trash.  I don't think that stat tells a full story.

Man it's crazy the people that get chased off waivers and people want to trade Sanders in what will be a much more balanced offense. He will basically be able to run freely. You dont trade for a wr if you want to just run the ball a lot. That's like passing up on Amari Cooper and Gallup because they are on a running team. Not comparing the talent but the situation. Kittle and Sanders will have a large percentage of the passes. I'm not going to try to convince anyone else though.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

😉 Yeah, had exactly that same thought.