Rotoworld.com Forums

Emmanuel Sanders 2019 Outlook

6 minutes ago, GarrettHasTheClap said:

You heard an update or speculation?

giphy.gif

If I were to guess, he has sore ribs due to the shot he took on his first catch. I hope it isn't a cracked rib though. If the x-ray was inconclusive he could have a small fracture or it could just be a severe rib contusion. We will just have to wait for the MRI results.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Am I the only one not that excited? Jimmy hasn't looked great throwing the ball, and this offense isn't exactly lighting the world on fire. 

Double coverage most of the first half.   Denver demonstrating other weapons need to be accounted for will loosen things up.    Good score for manny week 1 considering.   

Had a 45 yard catch negated on a holding call and a reverse for 19 yards.  Plus a toe tap on the sideline that they called out.  Looked like Flacco was just trying to throw it away and Sanders made a

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

giphy.gif

If I were to guess, he has sore ribs due to the shot he took on his first catch. I hope it isn't a cracked rib though. If the x-ray was inconclusive he could have a small fracture or it could just be a severe rib contusion. We will just have to wait for the MRI results.

My only concern was that he just took his helmet off and ran straight to the locker room. Something must’ve really hurt for him to do that. Most guys go stand on the sideline for a few and get felt up by a trainer. 

29 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

My only concern was that he just took his helmet off and ran straight to the locker room. Something must’ve really hurt for him to do that. Most guys go stand on the sideline for a few and get felt up by a trainer. 

I think if it doesn't end up being fractured he may only be out a week, if that. Contusions and fractures have the same symptoms though and hurt like hell.

As of now he's going to be a GTD. I'd think most people don't have any late game fill-ins to replace him so will have to go with their guys playing the 1p slot. I expect him to sit out a week though and be ready for the prime-time matchup the following week.

He's apparently pushing to play this week. How we feeling? I know it's dependent on your options. I have to pick 2 of he, Boyd and Scary and I'm planning to sit him. If he takes a good shot to the ribs on his first catch of the day he's done. Probably still a WR3 this week though and depends on your matchup. 

11 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

He's apparently pushing to play this week. How we feeling? I know it's dependent on your options. I have to pick 2 of he, Boyd and Scary and I'm planning to sit him. If he takes a good shot to the ribs on his first catch of the day he's done. Probably still a WR3 this week though and depends on your matchup. 

I wouldn't play him unless I had no other options, which is unlikely. Playing guys with these lingering issues is just too risky. I got Conner'd on one of my squads last night 😕

Edited by aapox
13 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

Also sitting him because he'll probably be limited or have his workload managed. This is when he goes for 150/2, though, obviously.

Thinking about it since my only other option is RF (Mile High). But he is indeed a very risky play because he could pull a DJax.

16 hours ago, aapox said:

I wouldn't play him unless I had no other options, which is unlikely. Playing guys with these lingering issues is just too risky. I got Conner'd on one of my squads last night 😕

Week 11 is a tough week. A lot of quality players are on bye so this injury was definitely not ideal timing for his injury to occur. Some people just have to roll with it though. I wish we knew the exact extent of the injury though.

53 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I am rolling him out, def a major risk but I literally have almost no other options.

Yup same here man, best of luck. 

35 minutes ago, warriorathlete21 said:

Wonder if he’ll have limited snaps.

thinking I have to start him.

renfroe is my only other option.

good luck everyone.

Yeah it’s parker for me who’s been good but not against Tre White. Let’s go sanders! 

Happy to see hes able to play but I'm benching him. I know he just had a great game against Patrick Peterson a few weeks ago, but something tells me Peterson might be able to get the best of him this week, especially if hes hobbled by this rib injury. Rolling Auden Tate out here over Sanders, which I dont love, but I feel like he has less dud possibility. At this point in the season I'm not willing to take the chance of a dud. I hope Sanders does have a great game so that there are no concerns moving forward.