Sign in to follow this  
walker834

Mahomes at 4?

3 minutes ago, walker834 said:

I think McCoy was the best running back left when I drafted Roethlisberger.  I didn't want McCoy. If he does well sure but he's waiver bait and I'll find someone better if need be.

I'm not super high on McCoy this year but that's a pick you gotta make at 13 for a better dart throw because it could actually help your team as opposed to a backup qb. 

McCoy is still on waivers is the thing.  But really I looked back at how i could have gone and if people can tell me for sure i did worse i dont know.  This was who was there who i really liked too but went this route.

1. McCaffrey

2. Brown

3. Henry

4. Howard

5. Drake

vs

1. Mahomes

2. Conner

3. Kittle

4. Green

5. Michel

6. Bears

7. Godwin

8. LAndry

9. Guice

If you really look at what I'm doing I'm getting similar players later with upside. I got mahomes, kittle and Chicago and a top kicker at 10 as well.  And then basically got AJ Green, Godwin and Landry.  And COnner, MIchel and Guice instead of Antonio Brown and Mcaffrey, Henry and Drake.  Both are good ways to go but I don't know what will be better.  I usually get 2 teams for this reason and they both do well.

You also have to take into account LUck and Rodgers went around 5th round.  

Edited by walker834

Really even if I had taken Luck over Howard.  Or Mahomes and I took him 2nd round I basically just flipped Conner and McCaffrey.  Really watching both players I like McCaffrey he's who I would ahve taken but Conner is no slouch. I didn't see a huge difference.  Mahomes is godly.  McCaffrey may be too.  This is why I don't care.  If it was someone I really liked and had to have sure.  I'm taking the players I wanted and will live or die with it  I really don't think having Mahomes as a must have player is a bad thing.  I really like Conner too.  I like drafting this way.   This isn't some soulless team.

Edited by walker834

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 7:59 PM, walker834 said:

The guy who took watson at 8 also has the best winning percentage that's nto me.

You have me curious as to this owners roster construction, care to post this guys team. 

16 hours ago, walker834 said:

Really even if I had taken Luck over Howard.  Or Mahomes and I took him 2nd round I basically just flipped Conner and McCaffrey.  Really watching both players I like McCaffrey he's who I would ahve taken but Conner is no slouch. I didn't see a huge difference.  Mahomes is godly.  McCaffrey may be too.  This is why I don't care.  If it was someone I really liked and had to have sure.  I'm taking the players I wanted and will live or die with it  I really don't think having Mahomes as a must have player is a bad thing.  I really like Conner too.  I like drafting this way.   This isn't some soulless team.

Free league on yahoo??

His team looks like this

QB-Watson

WR-Lockett

WR -Robbie Anderson

RB-Damien Willaims

RB-Phillip Lindsay

TE-Kelce

Flex- Mark Ingram

K-Maher

D-Rams

B-Tevin Coleman

B-Will Fuller IV

B-Garroppolo

B-Jimmy Graham

B-Carlos Hyde

B-Dante Pettis

1 hour ago, walker834 said:

His team looks like this

QB-Watson

WR-Lockett

WR -Robbie Anderson

RB-Damien Willaims

RB-Phillip Lindsay

TE-Kelce

Flex- Mark Ingram

K-Maher

D-Rams

B-Tevin Coleman

B-Will Fuller IV

B-Garroppolo

B-Jimmy Graham

B-Carlos Hyde

B-Dante Pettis

I don't love this team but it makes more sense than what you did. 

I think I have the better team.  he has more running backs than me.  He has a backup tight end and 5 running backs and 4 receivers.  I have 5 receivers and 3 running backs.  Depth doesn't mean much though.  Maybe it's me but I think getting a top tight end is  paramount.

1 minute ago, walker834 said:

Depth doesn't mean much though. 

The fact that you keep saying this has be banging my head against the wall trying to figure out if you’re trolling, completely inexperienced, or in denial about your team construct. There are byes. There are injuries. Those things sometimes come in massive waves.

Depth is improtant. Useful benches are integral. Your oppopnent’s team is favorable to yours simply for the fact that he has enough RBs to get through the season while you’ll be scraping the waiver wire all year long. 

19 minutes ago, SenatorSpaceman said:

The fact that you keep saying this has be banging my head against the wall trying to figure out if you’re trolling, completely inexperienced, or in denial about your team construct. There are byes. There are injuries. Those things sometimes come in massive waves.

Depth is improtant. Useful benches are integral. Your oppopnent’s team is favorable to yours simply for the fact that he has enough RBs to get through the season while you’ll be scraping the waiver wire all year long. 

You're completely ignoring OP's superior depth at D and QB.  

You can drop players.  And you are over exaggerating it.  He has 5 running backs and 4 wide receivers and a back up tight end.  I have 5 wide receivers, 3 running backs and a quarterback and defense.  Ah well.  I could use another running back.  I'm in no rush to offer up Godwin or Roethlisberger at this point though.  I can trade Landry if I need to and I have other players that should play well.  I'll probably just drop a QB or Dallas when I need someone.  Or whoever.

really I have the better QB than him.  Better D.  Tight end is a whatever.  There are basically 3 tight ends at the top Kelce, Kittle and Ertz and other than that good luck.  My receivers too compared to his.  I got Godwin.  he was being hyped big.  I'm not that high on him but not going to trade him.  I'll get a clear #1 out of him or Green and hopefully they both do really well.

Edited by walker834

Really i can trade AJ Green, Godwin or Landry or Roethlisberger or Brady for a running back.  Or Sutton or Gallup.  I'm counting on Michel and Conner being healthy and Guice too.  If a catastrophic injury happens I have options. I don't need to make a move now.

Can we pin this? This is legit an all time classic AC thread. I swear, it’s like a gift that keeps on giving.  

• Like 1

This is not real. He listed his team and another as the top 2 teams and they don’t even look that good for a 12 teamer.

This is not real folks 

5 hours ago, walker834 said:

His team looks like this

QB-Watson

WR-Lockett

WR -Robbie Anderson

RB-Damien Willaims

RB-Phillip Lindsay

TE-Kelce

Flex- Mark Ingram

K-Maher

D-Rams

B-Tevin Coleman

B-Will Fuller IV

B-Garroppolo

B-Jimmy Graham

B-Carlos Hyde

B-Dante Pettis

No way this is a real team because it lacks any true current 1st and or 2nder 

40 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

No way this is a real team because it lacks any true current 1st and or 2nder 

I think they took Watson and Kelce.

2 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

I think they took Watson and Kelce.

That is absolutely hilarious if so lol 

After looking at the rosters of the two teams, it should put an exclamation point on why you shouldn't go QB/TE in the first two rounds. 

1 hour ago, ncbobcats said:

After looking at the rosters of the two teams, it should put an exclamation point on why you shouldn't go QB/TE in the first two rounds. 

I meant to say first three rounds. It was in the four o'clock hour and I just started on my first cup of coffee. 

14 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

This is not real. He listed his team and another as the top 2 teams and they don’t even look that good for a 12 teamer.

This is not real folks 

No doubt!

I own Mahomes in one league thus far and my team is light years ahead of these teams imo.  Of course I'm not foolishly taking ANY qb in the first 2 rounds or taking kickers and defenses early (don't even usually draft one at all) 10 teamer .5 ppr $$$ league:

Mahomes

JuJu

Lockett

Zeke

A Jones

Howard

Fournette

Bench:

Drake

Penny

Shepard

MVS

D Harris

Allison

Lutz

LAC

6 minutes ago, FantasyDominion said:

I own Mahomes in one league thus far and my team is light years ahead of these teams imo.  Of course I'm not foolishly taking ANY qb in the first 2 rounds or taking kickers and defenses early (don't even usually draft one at all) 10 teamer .5 ppr $$$ league:

Mahomes

JuJu

Lockett

Zeke

A Jones

Howard

Fournette

Bench:

Drake

Penny

Shepard

MVS

D Harris

Allison

Lutz

LAC

10 teamer? So you got zeke with a top 4 pick, juju makes it back and they let Mahomes come back in round 3? 

1 minute ago, Savatage79 said:

10 teamer? So you got zeke with a top 4 pick, juju makes it back and they let Mahomes come back in round 3? 

10 teamer.  I got Mahomes in the 5th.  I won't take any qb in the top 4 rounds.  

Started Zeke, JuJu, Jones, Fournette, Mahomes, Howard.

Draft was probably 1.5 months ago.

2 minutes ago, FantasyDominion said:

10 teamer.  I got Mahomes in the 5th.  I won't take any qb in the top 4 rounds.  

Started Zeke, JuJu, Jones, Fournette, Mahomes, Howard.

Draft was probably 1.5 months ago.

Well that is definitely a stretch for the league itself tho, I mean I get that some leagues will let QBs sit a bit but damn even a month ago or so Mahomes is the hottest qb in the draft, hard to understand how anyone let's him just sit til the 5th but in any case good on you for being able to land him

6th round luck team:

Luck

Michael Thomas

Hopkins

Fournette

Kerryon

Howard

Carson

Lutz

LAC

Bench:

MVS

Penny

Allison

Harris

D Miller

Dede

Justin Jackson

I have several other Rodger, Luck, Watson teams in the 5th-8th round.  I just don't see in a 10 teamer why taking a qb before then makes any sense.  Especially Mahomes.  I'd much rather wait a round or two and take one of the remaining "elite" qbs.