Under500Forever

Conner Menez 2019 Outlook

Anything to see here? 

Across AA & AAA (95 innings) he has a 3.13 ERA, 1.12 WHIP, 123 Ks, 36 walks.

his K/9 went up 2.9 since joining AAA from AA. 

44 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Who does he play for and will he pitch out of the bullpen or start in the majors?

My bad

as Slimzy said, he pitches for the Giants and it looks like he is starting. Pomeranz got bumped to the Pen. 

• Thanks 1

Another lottery ticket, I buy a lot of lottery tickets lol, picked him up a couple weeks ago when there was some rumblings surrounding him. I would think he's worth a look see in dynasty leagues.

Edited by Topgun

14 minutes ago, Topgun said:

He's in CBS, lol

CBS has probably had him since he was in little league. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Certainly must own in NL Only, maybe deeper mixed. He's been so impressive in the PCL that he's worth monitoring. He's had no prospect hype at all until this year and barely, so if he succeeds he's certainly a guy who came out of nowhere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah as Brock said (and we've discussed in his limited Minor league thread) he has sorta risen outta nowhere, even though his numbers jetting thru 3 levels last year were pretty impressive. From what little we actually know, he appears to be missing bats without big 'wow stuff' and very good command. I am def going to be watching/charting today, as I have stashed him in deeper spots. The park and league certainly only add to his appeal--as well as the rough pitching landscape. I will report back later.

• Like 2

On 7/21/2019 at 1:40 PM, jeffcarroll23 said:

So lame he isnt in Yahoo

Well he clears waivers on Yahoo tomorrow just in time to stash him in a NA slot if you want.

And no it wasn't lame he wasn't in the database.  Did anyone here hear of him pre-season?  Did experts?  No.  He was added like any prospect that comes out of the blue way early is added.  Via waivers which is the only fair way to do it.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

Just an FYI if you missed:

Conner Menez is likely to start for the Giants on Tuesday versus the Nationals.

The team isn't listing a starter yet, but Menez is eligible to return that day and would be on turn. The left-hander had a solid major league debut last month, allowing two runs over five innings.

Source: Andrew Baggarly on Twitter

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, MSkibisky said:

Anyone streaming him today against the nats?

I want to, but no.

10 minutes ago, MSkibisky said:

Anyone streaming him today against the nats?

Thought about it, but doubt it as well.  Will be interesting to see what he does though.

Edited by KilloWertz

15 minutes ago, Topgun said:

I want to, but no.

I need to keep my lead in QS and K's, and it's tempting. But I think I will hold off as well.

5 minutes ago, MSkibisky said:

I need to keep my lead in QS and K's, and it's tempting. But I think I will hold off as well.

I'm in the same boat, I need a 8th starter for the week, in a QS league, he is on my bench, and I'm tempted to use him, said no earlier, but now I'm looking at the pros and cons.

19 minutes ago, Topgun said:

I'm in the same boat, I need a 8th starter for the week, in a QS league, he is on my bench, and I'm tempted to use him, said no earlier, but now I'm looking at the pros and cons.

As someone else who is on the fence, could you mention some of the pros and cons you are weighing?  Perhaps it could also help tilt me definitively one way or the other.

26 minutes ago, ToO_BaD said:

As someone else who is on the fence, could you mention some of the pros and cons you are weighing?  Perhaps it could also help tilt me definitively one way or the other.

Well, I'd be using him in a QS league, if he doesn't go 6 innings, I'd rather not use him, he went 5 the 1st time out,

a strong 5, with 7 to 10 might be OK. For those looking for a win, I wouldn't bet on that.

23 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Just an FYI if you missed:

Conner Menez is likely to start for the Giants on Tuesday versus the Nationals.

The team isn't listing a starter yet, but Menez is eligible to return that day and would be on turn. The left-hander had a solid major league debut last month, allowing two runs over five innings.

Source: Andrew Baggarly on Twitter

Thoughts on streaming him today in a daily pts league that counts W, not QS?