Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzy_Slippers

7/21 - GAME DAY THREAD

Its A Very sad day in baseball today: A player I would not consider in the top 1000 all time baseball players is going into the HOF. I put him on the pretty good B level player but Not close to a HOF player list with players Like Larry Walker, Mosies Alou, Lance Berkman, Scott Rolen, Todd Helton, Al Oliver, Albert Belle, Dave Parker, Chilli Davis. The only difference is Everyone of these players listed also played Defense which is half of the whole game and some played defense at a HOF level too. but they just are not quite HOF level players but they are all better players then Edgar ever was. Its truly a sad day for baseball.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Trexpenniebaker said:

Its A Very sad day in baseball today: A player I would not consider in the top 1000 all time baseball players is going into the HOF. I put him on the pretty good B level player but Not close to a HOF player list with players Like Larry Walker, Mosies Alou, Lance Berkman, Scott Rolen, Todd Helton, Al Oliver, Albert Belle, Dave Parker, Chilli Davis. The only difference is Everyone of these players listed also played Defense which is half of the whole game and some played defense at a HOF level too. but they just are not quite HOF level players but they are all better players then Edgar ever was. Its truly a sad day for baseball.

idk i'm kinda pumped about it

Go Lynn!  Go Woodruff!

Can't pitch any worse than my pitchers in the last two days, right (Bieber, McKay, Tanaka, and Soroka)?  I know, I jinxed them already.  Oh well...

6 hours ago, Trexpenniebaker said:

Is this a joke?  Edgar Martinez is easily a hall of famer and it’s not even close.  Read quotes from his peers, he is one of the most respected hitters of ALL TIME.  Hit .312 in his career, 2 batting titles, .418 OBP, more walks than strikeouts.  Edgar Martinez eclipsed 164+ OPS 4 times, David Ortiz comparison did 2 times, Vladimir Guerrero 0 times.  

Heres a good stat as well 

one of 21 players since 1900 with a career .300/.400/.500 batting line. Only seven others started their careers after World War II: Manny Ramirez, Frank Thomas, Chipper Jones, Larry Walker, Todd Helton, Joey Votto, and Mike Trout”

Your argument is a joke and half those names you listed are a disgrace.  Edgar Martinez is one of the best right handed hitters of all time and was for a very sustained stretch.

• Like 8

Benching my entire pitching staff today to protect numbers on last day, but I have a bunch of guys going (Cease, Lynn, Snell, Armenteros). I really want this Armenteros guy to do well as I have a trade ready to complete with him being a piece as long as he pitches ok today. 

blackmon lead off homerun off of paxton

paxton SUCKS in the first inning

2 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

Is this a joke?  Edgar Martinez is easily a hall of famer and it’s not even close.  Read quotes from his peers, he is one of the most respected hitters of ALL TIME.  Hit .312 in his career, 2 batting titles, .418 OBP, more walks than strikeouts.  Edgar Martinez eclipsed 164+ OPS 4 times, David Ortiz comparison did 2 times, Vladimir Guerrero 0 times.  

Heres a good stat as well 

one of 21 players since 1900 with a career .300/.400/.500 batting line. Only seven others started their careers after World War II: Manny Ramirez, Frank Thomas, Chipper Jones, Larry Walker, Todd Helton, Joey Votto, and Mike Trout”

Your argument is a joke and half those names you listed are a disgrace.  Edgar Martinez is one of the best right handed hitters of all time and was for a very sustained stretch.

Refuse to Lose! Good stuff. And of course I agree.

9 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

MF’ing Snell sucks

?

no runs 2 ks?

4 minutes ago, Rhandome said:

Please throw some strikes Mr. Plesac

I'm one of those idiots that dropped him. 

24 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

?

no runs 2 ks?

It was the first two batters. Looked awful. Got lucky on the passed ball out at home but made a good play. Hope he settles in against this tough home matchup. 😉

Edited by Members_Only_76

Tough watching Cease pitch.

43 pitches with 0 out in the second, 3 walks already.

Edited by murraygd13

I'm starting to really dislike the Hartford Buck almost as much as l dislike Luke Jackson.